Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Help with choosing a Hyatt in Tokyo (with toddlers)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with choosing a Hyatt in Tokyo (with toddlers)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I'm not following re room size. HR Tokyo's has rooms that are perhaps smaller even than GHT's standard rooms.
that's my recollection as well - we went there with 1.5 yo toddlers several yrs back but i had a dsu and even suites were pretty small... GH would be my pick.

tokyo is a pretty tough place to be with strollers - a backpack type carrier may be more practical for 2 yo. We carried both kids and covered quite a bit including Nara and Hakone areas.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Over that past 2 years, I've stayed at Andaz 4x, HR 3x, GH 1x, PH X1. My kids are now 8 &9. Although everything is very accessible by metro, by 6pm my kids are exhausted and are begging not to take the subway.

If traveling alone, I prefer Andaz. As a family, our go to place now is HR for the convenience mentioned above. With the miso,rice, and condiments added in the lounge since last year, it really elevated the lounge experience. They also have the best cappuccino maker I have had in any lounge. I can't stress enough how nice it is to have the government building with an attached walkway where you can go for delicious cheap (500-600 yen) lunch and, I believe, dinner when you are tired and jetlagged. There is a great variety there so you can try something different every time. My kids also prefer to grab something from Lawson's or 7Eleven rather than catch the subway. I agree that even with an unlimited metro pass, the shuttle is a very nice way to get to shinjuku station.

We also like to hit takashimaya/tokyu hand/basement food hall after a visit to shinjuku gyoen park since it's a short walk away.

Again, no "sneaking" will be necessary with 2 toddlers. Do make them aware ahead of time and hope they will put you in a larger room.

Lastly, using C&P, b/c of fees, its less than 1/2 the
price to stay at HR as it is at Andaz.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Question for the OP: if you won't have status next year, then why are you limiting your search to Hyatt hotels?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Question for the OP: if you won't have status next year, then why are you limiting your search to Hyatt hotels?
Maybe because she said this:

"the rooms will be on award nights from the credit card"
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Maybe because she said this:

"the rooms will be on award nights from the credit card"
D'oh!

If we're talking about next year, then perhaps the Hyatt Centric Ginza Tokyo will be possible as well.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:48 am

I don't know much about either the cc free nights or Centric properties, but I was under the impression that the cc free nights are god at any Hyatt and that the Centric brand is more mid-level.

Since they are using cc free nights I don't think the HR and lounges are very relevant.
Some other points that I do not think others have mentioned:

Andaz has a very nice convenient store stocked with light meals, etc., right in the building. There are also many restaurants in the building, but I believe at least mid-level and up (but I think that is also true of the Roppongi complex at GH).

PH also has a number of mid-level and lower restaurants right in the building, but they might not be open on holidays and later in the evening because they mostly target the office workers. There is also the Deli in the basement, which is similarly priced to the aforementioned depachika, although of course the variety is much, much smaller. On most days the Deli has some items at half-price after 6 pm, although most sell out quickly.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

OsakaWino, if you're talking about the deli run by the PH, it's actually on the first floor. In the basement are several casual places (including a Subway) but the katsu place and the ramen shop appear to be out of business.

If you turn left at the street when leaving the hotel (away from Shinjuku station) there is a smallish grocery store about a block away. If you're homesick, two blocks further in that direction there is a Denny's.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
OsakaWino, if you're talking about the deli run by the PH, it's actually on the first floor.
Yes, of course, sorry to confuse it with the basement. We usually get off the elevator on the floor where the shuttle picks up and drops off, and then walk down the stairs to the Deli.

The Park Tower Building has an info site with the shops and restaurants listed.

https://www.shinjukuparktower.com/shops/index.shtml

With English here:

https://www.shinjukuparktower.com/en...shtml#japanese

Don't know if it is the same one you're thinking of, but the listed tonkatsu restaurant says it is is closed for remodelling until mid-May 2017.

There's also a convenience store listed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.