Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt promo "For being you." 2x points after second stay. Apr 1- Jun 30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hyatt promo "For being you." 2x points after second stay. Apr 1- Jun 30

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
His stay at Andaz is on all-pts, so it would not earn any bonus pts anyway.
Correct! In fact, it wouldn't even qualify me to earn the bonus on my following $$$ stay at the HR Kyoto.

So I "stayed" at the HR Paris CDG last night for about 80€.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:25 pm

I have a stay from 26th June to 2nd July. Reading up on this thread, i believe i won't get the double points as my stay extends over the end period.

is that correct?

If so, can i modify by reservation to have a stay that ends on 30th Jun and another reservation for 2 days to get around this?
thanks
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chanpreet

If so, can i modify by reservation to have a stay that ends on 30th Jun and another reservation for 2 days to get around this?
thanks
The two stays will get merged together anyhow. I split my "first stay" into two separate reservations with different rate basis, but it still ended up as one stay earning single points.

I would have thought that you would get double points for the portion of your stay that falls before 30 June, but I may be wrong...
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The morons in Hyatt IT have decided to use checkout date for credit.... and multiple consecutive reservations will be merged.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Maybe check out on the 30th, move to a competitor, collect the bonus points, then send the competitor's folio to the management of the Hyatt you checkout of and tell them they they lost your business for these nights because of this stupid promo.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Maybe check out on the 30th, move to a competitor, collect the bonus points, then send the competitor's folio to the management of the Hyatt you checkout of and tell them they they lost your business for these nights because of this stupid promo.
Excellent plan. I hope Hyatt has a serious promo planned for July Aug and Sep 2017. Honors has triple points for Diamond until Aug 31. SPG has triple points for 2 or more nights including a weekend night until Sep 5. Marriot has 2000 or 4000 per stay until Sep 5. I guess Hyatt has all the bookings they need for July and Aug 2017.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Excellent plan. I hope Hyatt has a serious promo planned for July Aug and Sep 2017. Honors has triple points for Diamond until Aug 31. SPG has triple points for 2 or more nights including a weekend night until Sep 5. Marriot has 2000 or 4000 per stay until Sep 5. I guess Hyatt has all the bookings they need for July and Aug 2017.
i do not recall hyatt doing back to back promos in the last couple years. Just doesn't seem to happen, so your hopes will probably not come to fruition.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
i do not recall hyatt doing back to back promos in the last couple years. Just doesn't seem to happen, so your hopes will probably not come to fruition.
On March 1 2017 Hyatt asks me to stop staying at Hyatts because of the less then desirable WoH program compared to the major competing Hotel Programs. Then in April, May and June 2017 they ask me to continue to stop staying at Hyatt Brands because of a less then desirable promo compared to the competition. Then please stop staying July and Aug. 2017 because of no promo. So hopefully they have a win back promo from Sep. to Dec. 2017 until they can bring back Classic Gold Passport on March 1 2018.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Don't forget the 1500 pts for SPG if you're an AMEX card holder staying at resorts.

Meanwhile I still don't have my 10% rebate from a P&C stay 4 weeks ago.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
maybe check out on the 30th, move to a competitor, collect the bonus points, then send the competitor's folio to the management of the hyatt you checkout of and tell them they they lost your business for these nights because of this stupid promo.
Excellent plan. I am at a Westlake Marriott until the 1st. I am now switching to a HR DFW for the 29th and checking out on the 30th where I will do the same. Double points and two ‘stays’ at Marriott. It probably won’t amount to anything but we shall see.

Last edited by The smallest state; Jun 26, 2017 at 2:15 pm
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
While this promo was good by Hyatt standards, with the HH 3x promo (plus app booking promo) and the fact that I have only 1 stay at Hyatt this year due to the Globalist WOH requal levels I guess I didn't miss too much.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:47 pm

Damn, I just completed a stay which spanned over June 15 - July 1, with July 1 being the check out date. I didn't get the double points, and asked WoH and got a response saying it didn't count cause the stay happened outside the promo period (...?). I couldn't find in T&C that the check out date must occur before July 1 nowhere does it say a "stay" is defined by the checkout date... Did anyone see this? I feel really bummed out ;( Have been a diamond/globalist since 2014 but this is the biggest disappointment lol.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I had a similar situation. I arrived in June but wasn't going to check out until July. I asked here, and also contacted customer service and found out that unless I checked out on June 30 I would not get the double points.

So I checked out on June 30 and gave my husband a GOH reservation for the remainder of the stay so we would get the benefits.

My double points posted immediately along with the stay.

Note that normally check out is what determines the stay, but often customer service gave credit if the check in was during the promo period. I believe with WoH they really toughened up the requirements, including not counting stays that go past Dec 31 for the previous year's qualification period.

You could call again and ask to speak with a supervisor - particularly if a lot of points are at stake. That's why I checked because I had a lot of points at stake.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I believe with WoH they really toughened up the requirements, including not counting stays that go past Dec 31 for the previous year's qualification period.
If it was the stay count that was at stake you could argue about it (not that a stay means anything anymore).

But both the programmer that implented, and any WOH rep that defends that it's fair (or even mentioned anywhere in the T&C's), that any number of NIGHTS spent in the promotion, or calender year, counts as a night on the checkout date should be fired right away.

But instead the faulty software has become the norm and is a perfect illustration of what a shambles WOH has become.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by reuntriv
Damn, I just completed a stay which spanned over June 15 - July 1, with July 1 being the check out date. I didn't get the double points, and asked WoH and got a response saying it didn't count cause the stay happened outside the promo period (...?). I couldn't find in T&C that the check out date must occur before July 1 nowhere does it say a "stay" is defined by the checkout date... Did anyone see this? I feel really bummed out ;( Have been a diamond/globalist since 2014 but this is the biggest disappointment lol.
This sucks! It bad enough that it's a stingy promo. There are really penny pinching here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.