Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist qualification sold at $1,500

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist qualification sold at $1,500

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt_DIA, ANA_DIA
Cool Globalist qualification sold at $1,500

I am not sure if this kind of thread is appropriate.

Five (5) globalist status is up for sales (valid until 2018) at a select Internet auction site. The price tag is $1,500. It seems that whatever the current status is, it can be upgraded to globalist status (and points are transferred to).

I wonder how this is possible. Do some property hold globalist inventory??

Not to mention, Platinum / Diamond status at SPG, Hilton, etc. are sold as well at the price somehow lower than Hyatt.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Guessing that certain companies are provided with a number of hand out Globalist status invites for their executives (and possibly customers / anyone they deem appropriate). This is certainly the case when a larger company has a contract with an air carrier like UA. I've seen that first hand, and as part of a multi year contract and min revenue commitment, the company would receive XX number of GS invites which presumably would be handed out to company execs but could really be anyone the company travel head nominated.

I'm not sure if this is the same under WOH, but previously, Courtesy Card members could also designate any one person as Diamond for one year, which was renewable if they re-qualified of course, but also renewable with no re-qualification if the CC member continued to be have CC in the new year and elected the same individual to gift the status to.

In either case, selling something like that seems risky and reckless. It's most certainly a violation of the terms of service of the program and/or the contract that the 'award status coupons' or whatever were granted under.

All that said ..... isn't $1,500 kinda cheap??
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ainternational
All that said ..... isn't $1,500 kinda cheap??
It's a transaction against Hyatt rules. Usually "hot" merchandise has to be offered at a discount.

If Hyatt finds out you've done this, you're likely to lose not only Globalist status, but your entire account along with all points accumulated within.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by hailstorm
It's a transaction against Hyatt rules. Usually "hot" merchandise has to be offered at a discount.

If Hyatt finds out you've done this, you're likely to lose not only Globalist status, but your entire account along with all points accumulated within.
Exactly. Which is why I thought it would go for much higher $$ than that. The seller is taking huge undue risk. Especially since a gifted status could easily be traced. What's the actual cost of earning the status? I read on other threads $10K in spend or more, granted that gives one hotel rooms. Still this seems cheap to me given risk on both sides. I suppose convenice and immediate gratification helps. Still. Foolish.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:45 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I was of the view that these were just fraudsters performing fake status matches on behalf of the buyer. Whether the buyer ever gets it, we'll never know.

That said, weren't some bloggers giving away Globalist status recently (with Hyatt's consent).
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed

That said, weren't some bloggers giving away Globalist status recently (with Hyatt's consent).
Maybe, but not for $1,500. :-)

Why do you assume those auctions or whatever they were are fake? I'm not disagreeing, but just curious why you'd immediately jump to that conclusion.

If I was going to buy one, I'd request some proof (arguably could be faked) that it'll work prior too sending the funds, or use an escrow of some sort.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 4:51 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ainternational
Maybe, but not for $1,500. :-)

Why do you assume those auctions or whatever they were are fake? I'm not disagreeing, but just curious why you'd immediately jump to that conclusion.

If I was going to buy one, I'd request some proof (arguably could be faked) that it'll work prior too sending the funds, or use an escrow of some sort.
Because it's against the terms of the program to buy and sell status.

It's been covered by Starwood Luker here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...sale-ebay.html and on OMAAT http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-hotel-status/
Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:30 am

Because it's against the terms of the program to buy and sell status.

It's been covered by Starwood Luker here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...sale-ebay.html and on OMAAT http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-hotel-status/
Lol. Some of the deals in the coupons forum here also violate terms and conditions of various programs but that doesn't make them immediately fake offers.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I was of the view that these were just fraudsters performing fake status matches on behalf of the buyer. Whether the buyer ever gets it, we'll never know.
There are no status matches to Globalist with Hyatt now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.