Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Globalist Breakfast Changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt - Globalist Breakfast Changes

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 6:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by banzani
I read the T&C a few times and don't find them to be clear for this case. They do no state the children have to stay in the same room. It's also a bit disappointing since I am a regular at this hotel since many years. They had explicitly allowed this on previous pre-WoH stays...
Status benefits have always been applicable only for the (one) room the status holders is registered in.

That you get points for up to 3 rooms, can sometimes apply a DSU/TSU to a second room, or transfer them with GOH are the few exceptions.

WOH has changed nothing in this regard. Just that some properties now have decided to not offer additional benefits they did before (some have also discontinued room service breakfast). But you were never entitled to lounge access or free breakfast for that second or third room.... Most properties are generous when two rooms are booked, but it's a nice gesture... not an entitlement.

Make that 2nd room a GOH and you will know for sure.
Old May 17, 2017, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by banzani
I read the T&C a few times and don't find them to be clear for this case. They do no state the children have to stay in the same room. It's also a bit disappointing since I am a regular at this hotel since many years. They had explicitly allowed this on previous pre-WoH stays...
The T&C do state that in order to get the free breakfast, the two children must be registered guests in the (same) room. However, there's literally no requirement that the kids actually stay or sleep in the same room as the elite.
Old May 17, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
You're correct. It wasn't mentioned in the high-level Benefits listed on the website, but it is mentioned in the detailed T&C. So GoH it is then. I still find it unnecessarily stingy by the hotel though. Perhaps it's just a new person working there, often these things come down to the individual responding.
Old May 17, 2017, 11:10 pm

I thought with the term "registered guest" in both HGP and WOH it was limited to the maximum occupancy of the room (just not enforced at all before March).
Old May 18, 2017, 12:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It is.... but now even more restricted with the 2 adults + 2 kids max.
So even with 3 or 4 adults in a suite you wouldn't all be entitled to a free breakfast... unless the property is generous.
Old May 18, 2017, 4:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Do the two children have to be minors to qualify for being part of this 2+2 breakfast benefit?

In other words, are adult children excluded? Are the "children" required to be the children of the loyalty program member entitled to the 2+2 benefit?

If so, are the hotels going to start asking to see proof of relationship and proof of age for those additional guests in the room?

Hyatt could have had the benefit set up for to be applicable up to the number of guests in a room based on room occupancy, but Hyatt decided to make this more complicated than it needed to be -- all to be cheap.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't read the rule as saying "your children" so the relationship doesn't matter. It could be your own kid and his/her friend or two kids you're mentoring.

Also, I would interpret children as being at or below the age for which the hotel defines guests as children. It depends on the location and could be 12 in some places, perhaps 18 at other locations.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't read the rule as saying "your children" so the relationship doesn't matter. It could be your own kid and his/her friend or two kids you're mentoring.

Also, I would interpret children as being at or below the age for which the hotel defines guests as children. It depends on the location and could be 12 in some places, perhaps 18 at other locations.
Shouldn't the changed rules for breakfast be standard and consistent enough that terms used in them are defined or otherwise not subject to different interpretations? A benefit application being left to hotel determination or other interpretation hasn't exactly worked out as a uniform improvement for customers.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

In my opinion they are as clear as they can be....... only when you want to push the benefit will you be making interpretations that aren't justified. Occupants in a second room, children or others, were never eligable for a free breakfast or lounge access. Even when lots of properties chose to extend them.

The definition of what is considered a child is country/property dependent, and that is also refected here. Just as it is when determining max room occupancy. And nobody cares whos children they are, just that they are registered as guests in the room.

But I'm sure we will soon end up with something like "limited to the registered guests in the room, maximum 2".
Old May 18, 2017, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
In my opinion they are as clear as they can be....... only when you want to push the benefit will you be making interpretations that aren't justified. Occupants in a second room, children or others, were never eligable for a free breakfast or lounge access. Even when lots of properties chose to extend them.

The definition of what is considered a child is country/property dependent, and that is also refected here. Just as it is when determining max room occupancy. And nobody cares whos children they are, just that they are registered as guests in the room.

But I'm sure we will soon end up with something like "limited to the registered guests in the room, maximum 2".
That would sound good to me, or even better, to avoid problems, only the Glob staying in the room gets breakfast and lounge access, with exceptions if two Globs are registered to share a room. It would help to solve the problem of overcrowded lounges.

I suspect that the definition of children (age range) varies by location because of how occupants are defined in the local fire code that gives occupancy limits. There are also some local norms regarding the age at which kids no longer share rooms with parents or can no longer expect to stay in a hotel for free or to eat for free when staying in a hotel with parents.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:11 pm

Thumbs down Hyatt North Richardson - Grat not included as a breakfast benefit

I recently saw my bill had a charge of 10.74 so I called and they stated that gratuity is no longer included as a breakfast benefit. The breakfast for 2 was $30.00 and they added a tip of 33% for the gratuity. I told the person to have the manager call me because that is not what I read the new WoH program benefits stated. I told the guy on the phone, is hyatt changing the rules every month? He stated it is just another change in their program. I did write an email to Hyatt to provide the latest rules. I hate surprises on my bill after I leave. And who tips 33%?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just got home from Andaz Tokyo. They didn't even ask me to sign a bill for breakfast.

And breakfast there is as fantastic as ever.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by go4amiller
I recently saw my bill had a charge of 10.74 so I called and they stated that gratuity is no longer included as a breakfast benefit. The breakfast for 2 was $30.00 and they added a tip of 33% for the gratuity. I told the person to have the manager call me because that is not what I read the new WoH program benefits stated. I told the guy on the phone, is hyatt changing the rules every month? He stated it is just another change in their program. I did write an email to Hyatt to provide the latest rules. I hate surprises on my bill after I leave. And who tips 33%?
I'd ask them to remove the charge or a chargeback is forthcoming. A tip is something voluntary, you are not required to tip. From your message I can't tell if you chose to tip something, but it seems clear you did not agree to tip 33%.

Where are the WoH Concierges here to clarify the rules?

Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by josephstern
Just got home from Andaz Tokyo. They didn't even ask me to sign a bill for breakfast.

And breakfast there is as fantastic as ever.
Hope you ate the nutella brioche! I've never had to sign there either.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by go4amiller
Oh man, I would so not let this one go. Here's the current published T&C re Globalist breakfast:

Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children.
WoH Terms & Conditions

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Where are the WoH Concierges here to clarify the rules?
There is nothing to clarify. Property is flat out wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.