FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   World of Hyatt - Globalist Breakfast Changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1829493-world-hyatt-globalist-breakfast-changes.html)

josephstern Mar 14, 2017 2:56 pm

World of Hyatt - Globalist Breakfast Changes

Just thought I'd note that on my stay at the Andaz Shanghai, they did indeed restrict me to two breakfasts under WoH.

I had three people in two rooms, and I asked at check-in. They said the breakfast was covered for two people (all were adults).

It's too bad, but it's correct according to the WoH terms.

Jaimito Cartero Mar 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 28037103)
Just thought I'd note that on my stay at the Andaz Shanghai, they did indeed restrict me to two breakfasts under WoH.

I had three people in two rooms, and I asked at check-in. They said the breakfast was covered for two people (all were adults).

It's too bad, but it's correct according to the WoH terms.

It must have been all the loyal members demanding only two breakfasts.

josephstern Mar 14, 2017 3:12 pm

LOL

"You asked, we answered!"

jpdx Mar 14, 2017 3:24 pm

Unlike many of the WoH changes, I don't find the tweaks to the breakfast benefit all that worthy of complaint. Globalists still receive full breakfast for up to 2 adults and 2 children, which is a lot more generous than any competitor.

tjae Mar 14, 2017 4:34 pm

How about the official rules for a booking for 3 adults staying in one room, 2 of them are Globalists?

HoustonConsultant Mar 14, 2017 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 28037180)
LOL

"You asked, we answered!"

Well, the answer was just, "no".

josephstern Mar 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by tjae (Post 28037564)
How about the official rules for a booking for 3 adults staying in one room, 2 of them are Globalists?

The reservation can only be in one name, which means two meals. I don't see how you could interpret that otherwise.

If a Globalist can qualify for breakfast without a room in their name, then that would open up a World of Hyatts for me to have breakfast at.

hailstorm Mar 14, 2017 5:21 pm

Some hotels, like Park Hyatt Tokyo and Andaz Tokyo, offee room service as a breakfast option. So you could order two breakfasts and share them amongst three people.

#SurvivalInAWorldOfHyatt

josephstern Mar 14, 2017 5:24 pm

Hyatt Escala/Centric Park City was giving $100/day credit for the breakfast benefit. That can feed four. But I wonder if that has now changed.

cayann26 May 10, 2017 7:09 am

My husband and I went to a Hyatt Centric recently and in the morning we went to the restaurant on property they told us to go to and got the buffett. The buffett was 30 per person, however when I went to check out I had a charge to my room, so I emailed the hotel to see what was going on. They told me I would only get 50 dollar credit for two breakfast, which doesn't even include their standard buffet, thankfully I didn't have my two kids with me too. Since this cap was not brought to my attention before hand. The email I was sent is below.
Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. You are correct, I will make the adjustment right away and send you an updated copy of your receipt. The globalist “perk” in this situation is that you receive a $50 meal credit for breakfast in any hotel that does not have a complimentary club lounge (US!). Our systems did not adjust the correct amount off your breakfast bill, therefore the incorrect charge of $40+. I will correct this right away, so sorry for the inconvenience

MSPeconomist May 10, 2017 7:21 am

So is the rule $50 or two full breakfasts in Hyatts with no lounge and that don't provide free breakfast for all (HP, HH, etc.)?

skj May 10, 2017 7:59 am

Originally Posted by cayann26 (Post 28292447)
My husband and I went to a Hyatt Centric recently and in the morning we went to the restaurant on property they told us to go to and got the buffett. The buffett was 30 per person, however when I went to check out I had a charge to my room, so I emailed the hotel to see what was going on. They told me I would only get 50 dollar credit for two breakfast, which doesn't even include their standard buffet, thankfully I didn't have my two kids with me too. Since this cap was not brought to my attention before hand. The email I was sent is below.
Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. You are correct, I will make the adjustment right away and send you an updated copy of your receipt. The globalist “perk” in this situation is that you receive a $50 meal credit for breakfast in any hotel that does not have a complimentary club lounge (US!). Our systems did not adjust the correct amount off your breakfast bill, therefore the incorrect charge of $40+. I will correct this right away, so sorry for the inconvenience

Who makes this stuff up ?

The T&Cs are very clear on this benefit:

"When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children."

There is no $ figure mentioned.

It's not clear if the property is still trying to charge you for a portion of your breakfast, but if they are, I'd escalate with hotel management and Hyatt customer service.

josephstern May 10, 2017 9:10 am

It's very clear to me that Hyatt reps, at least the first level ones that respond to regular queries, will basically make up answers that suit the situation.

I'm definitely surprised that there is no oversight, no accountability for these answers. They use a ticketing system which would allow for mistaken answers to be easily tallied against specific representatives.

Unfortunately, Hyatt seems to be content with these low-level reps spreading incorrect information.

I will say, it's possible that due to the changes from Gold Passport to WoH, that reps haven't been properly re-trained. But for some reason, Hyatt is leaving this to knowledgeable and/or tenacious customers to police.

MSPeconomist May 10, 2017 9:21 am

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 28292931)
It's very clear to me that Hyatt reps, at least the first level ones that respond to regular queries, will basically make up answers that suit the situation.

I'm definitely surprised that there is no oversight, no accountability for these answers. They use a ticketing system which would allow for mistaken answers to be easily tallied against specific representatives.

Unfortunately, Hyatt seems to be content with these low-level reps spreading incorrect information.

I will say, it's possible that due to the changes from Gold Passport to WoH, that reps haven't been properly re-trained. But for some reason, Hyatt is leaving this to knowledgeable and/or tenacious customers to police.

Are you dealing with a Private Line Agent, WOH My Hyatt Concierge, or just some general Hyatt reservations phone number? You seem to be Diamond/Glob, so you should have access to people who are somewhat better trained and more willing to do whsat's necessary for customer service.

josephstern May 10, 2017 10:00 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28292977)
Are you dealing with a Private Line Agent, WOH My Hyatt Concierge, or just some general Hyatt reservations phone number? You seem to be Diamond/Glob, so you should have access to people who are somewhat better trained and more willing to do whsat's necessary for customer service.

I initially just emailed [email protected] with each of my issues. The responses were definitely disappointing to say the least.

I have since been in touch with a higher level rep.

I am a Globalist, but I haven't seen any way to reach a higher level representative at first contact. AFAIK, the special phone number has been shut.

Is there some better way?

And, of course, even if I can get a better response, that still doesn't excuse Hyatt's incorrect replies that keep popping up here on FT.