Search

Random status bump to Explorist

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Random status bump to Explorist

Just received a Hyatt email informing me that I am now an Explorist, and I confirmed the new status online.

For last 2 years I was a Plat with 16 nights in 2016 (incl 4 award), and 5 nights so far in 2017. Nowhere near close to regular qualification and not a soft landing from Diamond.

Not that I'm complaining, seeing as I got the Heisman when I requested the free Diamond status that everyone else got last year
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
A nice-to-hear but rare success story.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:03 pm

Also got the Explorist email today after getting the Discoverist card in the mail earlier in the week. Checked account and also have the 4 club upgrades. Assumed it had to do with my Hyatt Visa, as I didn't have much in the way of stays last year.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bobdevens
Also got the Explorist email today after getting the Discoverist card in the mail earlier in the week. Checked account and also have the 4 club upgrades. Assumed it had to do with my Hyatt Visa, as I didn't have much in the way of stays last year.
Did you spend $50k on the card last year?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:46 pm

No. Very little spend.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:51 pm

Did you status match from Hyatt to MLife? I did that with my platinum status and was planning to reverse match to Explorist but I got a similar email this morning. My best guess for my case is status matching to mlife triggered an upgrade in my Hyatt status too.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:54 pm

Yes, I did the status match a couple weeks back.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Did you spend $50k on the card last year?
Not even close. I used to charge $500/mo in meals & hotels, but that ended once I got CSR with 3x points on travel and restaurants.

Originally Posted by knaveconwy
Did you status match from Hyatt to MLife? I did that with my platinum status and was planning to reverse match to Explorist but I got a similar email this morning. My best guess for my case is status matching to mlife triggered an upgrade in my Hyatt status too.
I got started late and did not initiate the status match with Hyatt until Feb 28. So far no change when I log onto MLife account.

Needless to say I'm pretty happy as the lounge access is a big deal on family trips. Will miss the 4 upgrade certs that I got when I used to be Diamond but you can't have everything.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:10 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Hyatt is the only place where I'm *not* feeling the love

I got a mail from Club Carlson this morning, confirming renewal of my Gold status after ... one stay last year.
Accor LeClub confirmed renewal of my Platinum status after ... two stays last year.
Hilton soft landed me from Diamond to Gold after ... three stays last year.

[The Carlson and Accor statuses both came from Amex three years ago, and they have kept renewing. Hilton was a match from Hyatt Diamond]

I did about 20 nights with Hyatt last year, and got my Discoverist status confirmed in the mail last week.

That's why, when I go to Amsterdam next week and actually *gasp* have the chance to stay in a Hyatt, I'll be in the Mercure.

SLATFATF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.