Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Moab, UT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:23 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

Now this one I am looking forward to... have stayed at the HI, but in general the hotels/motels are not really up to par.
hoping this new HP will be...unfortunately, no dates mentioned

http://www.moabtimes.com/view/full_s...ree_leftcolumn
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
It's been many, many years since my last visit to that part of Utah, but it's on my "to do again" list. Looking at some sample dates on Hilton's site for their two properties (Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn), it's a pricey area.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:49 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
It's been many, many years since my last visit to that part of Utah, but it's on my "to do again" list. Looking at some sample dates on Hilton's site for their two properties (Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn), it's a pricey area.
Don't know how trustworthy tripadvisor is, prior to hotels opening, but found this information: pricey it is (or may be):

PRICE RANGE
USD 83 - USD 468 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)

seems to be opening in July 2018:

Hotel description
**OPENING JULY 2018!** Hyatt Place Moab offers 118 guest rooms and 8 Casitas over 3 stories atop the beautiful red rocks is the perfect location to hit everything on your site seeing list. Get some R&R by the pool, splash pad, hot tub or stay and enjoy the Gallery. We offer a coffee to cocktails bar, fitness room, meeting room, and board room to help fill all lifestyle needs and enjoyment.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...Moab_Utah.html
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Don't know how trustworthy tripadvisor is, prior to hotels opening, but found this information: pricey it is (or may be):

PRICE RANGE
USD 83 - USD 468 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)

seems to be opening in July 2018:

Hotel description
**OPENING JULY 2018!** Hyatt Place Moab offers 118 guest rooms and 8 Casitas over 3 stories atop the beautiful red rocks is the perfect location to hit everything on your site seeing list. Get some R&R by the pool, splash pad, hot tub or stay and enjoy the Gallery. We offer a coffee to cocktails bar, fitness room, meeting room, and board room to help fill all lifestyle needs and enjoyment.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...Moab_Utah.html
Good to have another option. I've paid close to $300 for the Fairfield Inn there.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:41 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Good to have another option. I've paid close to $300 for the Fairfield Inn there.
true - i used a free night awards at the HI Express. no way i'd pay cash above 300$ for this hotel category.
Old May 7, 2018, 1:16 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Moab HP now has it's site on hyatt.com. Accepting reservations starting October 9, 2018.

https://moab.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/our-hotel.html
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
*Fantastic* value that I can't see lasting very long. This is priced as a cat 2: 8,000 points is superb value, especially when comparing to having to pay 50,000 points for the local Marriott properties and 40,000 a night for the Holiday Inn.

I've booked a stay for mid-October, looking forward to exploring Arches and Canyonlands NP!
59Impala likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:09 pm

Been way to long since I've been to Moab. Having a nice Hyatt there (I hope it turns out to be decent) will greatly improve my chances of returning to the area.

Please post back after your stay!
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
We’re looking to stay here on points just after Christmas. Anyone who stayed here have any feedback?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
We also have a stay booked for next July on points. I am also looking for more feedback on the property.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
A pretty bog-standard Hyatt Place, IMO. Definitely one of the larger HP's around with a smallish pool but perfectly acceptable. As long as you're not expecting anything out of the ordinary it'll do.

Interestingly, the property has a few "casitas" away from the main building, but I didn't have the time to take a look at those rooms.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
We stayed here on points for two nights. Nicer than most HYatt Places we’ve stayed at and a fantastic value for award stays (8k points/night/ room rate was $350/night).

The hotel is is at the far north end of Moab with few restaurants in walking distance, but closer to Arches.

Rooms were spacious and laid out like most HPs. There were TONS of kids (also lots of dogs and bicycles). We have four and felt like we were one of the smaller families.

we will stay here again the next time we visit Arches.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone have knowledge or experience on whether TSUs and other suite awards can be used to book a casita at this property? This appears to be one of the few Hyatt Places with suites that represent a valuable upgrade.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can not
Old Jul 20, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Spent time there a 6 weeks ago. Great property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.