Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
There are Regency properties without lounges? I didn't know that. I thought it was a requirement for the brand.
DFW for example ...
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to know. Every HR and GH that I've ever stayed at has had a lounge. I've stopped checking -- I had just been assuming that the lounge would be there at those two brands.

I'll start checking now when making bookings at new properties.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
DFW for example ...
Hyatt Regency Hakone.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:52 am
DH

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Hyatt Regency Hakone.
Hyatt Regency Kyoto
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by cdoobiest
I have upcoming 4 day stay at Monterey Hyatt Regency in California. The hotel does not have club but when I called the front desk told me I could use it for free breakfast buffet in the restaurant. Is this correct? I am wondering if the front desk agent has benefits mixed up with Globalist benefits. I may try to attach it to reservation just in case. I just don't want to "burn" a club access award if this is not true.
I know it's been a few years since i've stayed there but did they get rid of the club there? I remember a very small club when I was running the Big Sur Marathon there.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: United
It would be awesome if anyone has experience applying a club access award to a stay at the Aria in las Vegas.

If i book a room at the Aria on Hyatt.com, and call Hyatt to apply a club access award to the room; will it be respected by Aria ?

Also, if book a room at the Aria on Aria.com (it's almost 1 night cheaper) , will there any way to add a hyatt club access award ?

THanks!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:06 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by computerguy
It would be awesome if anyone has experience applying a club access award to a stay at the Aria in las Vegas.

If i book a room at the Aria on Hyatt.com, and call Hyatt to apply a club access award to the room; will it be respected by Aria ?

Also, if book a room at the Aria on Aria.com (it's almost 1 night cheaper) , will there any way to add a hyatt club access award ?

THanks!
not valid - see wiki
Old May 13, 2019, 10:09 pm
DH

Why an Explorist should stay at PH or Andaz?

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
It would also be nice if they put more thought into making them more useful for Explorists as well, such as usable for breakfast at properties without a lounge.

As it stands, the Club Access Awards generally disincentivize Explorists from staying at Park Hyatt and Andaz if there is a GH or HR available.
I started (paid) staying at Hyatt again after the WoH change; I was a Diamond for 6 years prior to WoH. Due to my travel destinations, I was *light* Diamond for 3 out of 6. With WoH change, I had to chose SPG due to Hyatt’s limited foot prints (in my travel destinations). SPG Platinum wasn’t as good as Hyatt Diamonds but it has better foot prints. With SPG gone and Bonvoy has been meh. Since I qualified for lifetime Platinum, I don’t have much incentive to stay at Bonvoy hotels without good promotions. I looked into Hyatt again and decided to diversify.

I’ll make it to Explorist after next stay but in order to qualify Globalist I have to stay ~25 nights either at PH or Andaz. I guess I wouldn’t get the worst rooms but I don’t expect more than that as an Explorist. I guess I’ll stop at Explorist with WoH since future travel destinations will be WoH friendly as this year.

My most memorable hotels stays were mostly with Hyatt; PH Zurich, PH Paris, PH Seoul, PH Tokyo, PH Milan, PH Abu Dhabi, Andaz 5th Ave, Highlands Inn, PH Busan. Since I use frequent guest programs on family travels, I value free breakfast benefit highly. Thanks for the memories Gold Passport!
Old May 14, 2019, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I am enjoying my run from Explorist to Globalist...mostly work stays (so breakfast less critical, can expense it), but will be Globalist for my fun fall travels.

Bonus points, better rooms, still get to stay in nice hotels if you can afford a PH/Andaz...just not getting b'fast or suites.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:12 am

has anyone ever used one of these certs and had his room type changed from "1 King Bed" to "1 King Bed Club Access"?

the room type description for the latter is 50% large in square feet, so want to understand if the room type stays at "1 King Bed" with just a note on the reservation to "let this guy in the club" OR if the room type is actually changed & thus guaranteeing the 50% larger room.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Colin
has anyone ever used one of these certs and had his room type changed from "1 King Bed" to "1 King Bed Club Access"?

the room type description for the latter is 50% large in square feet, so want to understand if the room type stays at "1 King Bed" with just a note on the reservation to "let this guy in the club" OR if the room type is actually changed & thus guaranteeing the 50% larger room.
The certs only guarantee you club access, not a specific room type or floor. However, as an Explorist you are entitled to the larger (non-suite) room if it's available on check in day.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
YES, they did have a club room but eliminated it several years ago..oops the subsequent posts hadn't come up on my screen...this was in reference to the Hyatt Regency Monterey having a club room. It has been gone for several years.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Has anyone been able to apply a club access award to a reservation made via the Amex Hotel Collection? I'm looking at GH Berlin. Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Kacee
Has anyone been able to apply a club access award to a reservation made via the Amex Hotel Collection? I'm looking at GH Berlin. Thanks.
Note sure if it is relevant to your question, but I was able to apply the club access award to a Prive reservation. It seems that they are applicable to any WoH eligible rate, in the same way that globalist suite upgrades are.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Note sure if it is relevant to your question, but I was able to apply the club access award to a Prive reservation. It seems that they are applicable to any WoH eligible rate, in the same way that globalist suite upgrades are.
Thanks. The rate is refundable, so maybe I'll just make the booking and give it a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.