Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Kacee
I honestly see no good reason at all to pursue "Explorist."
Yup. The only people with Explorist status in 2018 should be

- folks who intended to go for Glob and failed to get there due to unforeseen circumstances or poor planning.

- folks who don't care about status, like Hyatt, and stay enough to "accidentally" fall into the Explorist bucket

- folks who charge up a storm on the Hyatt card for no good reason
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Note that some hotels have regular and deluxe club rooms. It seems that the cert would book into a regular club level room (or just give lounge access, maybe?) but the Explorererist might then be entitled to be assigned the deluxe club room at check in if available. To me, it's not clear but I'm a Glob and haven't seen the club lounge upgrade certs.
The cert doesn't "book into" any room. It is, by its express terms, a "Club Lounge Access Award."

WoH T&C
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I remember it slightly differently. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember them pitching it as "Club Upgrade" in the first announcement of benefits, but then narrowed it down in the T&C.
That was my recollection as well. But it seems I was reading something into the awards that they really weren't. Going back to Lucky's original post from Oct, it clearly calls it Lounge Access Award. Perhaps it's because it was sometimes compared to the old Platinum Extra awards.

In any case, it is what it is. I'll put up with it for the one year that I will be Explodist.

What's more interesting to me now is whether these awards are in any way capacity controlled. Can I apply it to any qualifying rate or only when club rooms are (still) sold? Or is it perhaps even more restrictive?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Yup. The only people with Explorist status in 2018 should be

- folks who intended to go for Glob and failed to get there due to unforeseen circumstances or poor planning.

- folks who don't care about status, like Hyatt, and stay enough to "accidentally" fall into the Explorist bucket

- folks who charge up a storm on the Hyatt card for no good reason
Arn't you leaving off one large group of people?

- folks who are now Glob but have no intention of going for Glob for 2018

These folks will be soft-landed to Explo from March 2018. That group would include me. And not you as well?

However, if I'm not mistaken, these soft-landed Explos will not receive the 4 Club Access Awards in March 2018 unless we hit 30 nights this year. Is that correct.

My quandary is that I'll easily do 25 nights this year as I enjoy my one and only year as Glob and use up my 4 suite upgrades. It certainly could be 30 nights, but what if it looks like ending the year at 27 or 28? Do I bother to do a few more nights to get this Club Access Upgrades or just say screw it?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

These folks will be soft-landed to Explo from March 2018. That group would include me. And not you as well?

However, if I'm not mistaken, these soft-landed Explos will not receive the 4 Club Access Awards in March 2018 unless we hit 30 nights this year. Is that correct.
That's an interesting question. I find the T&C a bit unclear on the point, but this language suggests to me that being soft-land from Glob will still get you 4 lounge access awards:

Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”).
Contrast that with the language used for the free Cat 1-4 awards:

Upon completing thirty (30) Tier-Qualifying Nights or earning fifty thousand (50,000) Base Points in a Calendar Year, Members will be provided with one (1) standard-room Free Night Award redeemable at a category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort (“Category 1-4 Free Night Award”).
I think the better read here is that soft-landing, even without 30 nights, will get you the access words. (For what that opinion is worth )

If I do get the awards next year, I could see, for example, booking GH HKG over the JW.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
You can hate me early, but I'm one of those SPG guys that matched to Hyatt Diamond when the Marriott merger was announced. I've had 1 stay a year (in a Hyatt property) for the last 3 years. I assume I was soft-landed to Explorist for 2017 after reading this thread. However, I also moved 90K points from a Chase Sapphire card in October 2016 and booked a points stay for March 2017. Is it possible that this 90K transfer triggered Explorist status?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, yes, you are absolutely right. That might actually be the largest sub group of the 2018 corps of explorers.

And no, it won't include me. I am Exploitist this year, Discoverist next year va said soft landing. Haven't been a Diamond of a few years now.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pageboy
You can hate me early, but I'm one of those SPG guys that matched to Hyatt Diamond when the Marriott merger was announced. I've had 1 stay a year (in a Hyatt property) for the last 3 years. I assume I was soft-landed to Explorist for 2017 after reading this thread. However, I also moved 90K points from a Chase Sapphire card in October 2016 and booked a points stay for March 2017. Is it possible that this 90K transfer triggered Explorist status?
No, you were soft landed. Congratulations!

And, no hate from me.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by pageboy
I assume I was soft-landed to Explorist for 2017 after reading this thread. However, I also moved 90K points from a Chase Sapphire card in October 2016 and booked a points stay for March 2017. Is it possible that this 90K transfer triggered Explorist status?
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
No, you were soft landed. Congratulations!
Agree it was a soft landing. UR transfer not relevant.

Did you get 4 club lounge access awards in your account?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:45 pm

I'm a soft landed Expo from Diamond. I got the club certs.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lkar
I'm a soft landed Expo from Diamond. I got the club certs.
Ditto and got that Diamond in the first place by matching my Marriott Plat during the Hyatt Diamond match free for all
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
It will be interesting to see how these Club Access Awards work out.

As has been mentioned, at some properties there is little difference between a club room and a non-club room other than the club access, but at other properties the club rooms can be significantly nicer than the base entry-level room, in which case there is the decision of whether to book the room level just below club level or to take one's chances on a room upgrade combined with the Club Access Award. Of course this was the same decision that Dias always faced; when properties are full Dias often received only the room booked with no upgrade other than club access.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's a crappy tier level for sure..... but getting a soft landing from Dia/Glob is getting you up to 28 nights with a free breakfast and snacks. For that it isn't bad, but it's hardly worth it earning 30 nights for.
Not getting a club room at some properties isn't great either, but it is what it is... a program to abandon once any useful benefits have run out.

Last edited by RTW1; Mar 4, 2017 at 2:10 am
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:51 am

If it turns out these certs are capacity controlled -- like only available when club rooms are bookable on points anyway -- that would eliminate any lingering benefit to trying to achieve Explorererist. It's hard to imagine myself with 22 nights in Novenember thinking, oh boy, just 8 more nights!
Old Mar 4, 2017, 9:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Nothing in the t&c on capacity control.... and why should they be, you only get lounge access. So the only requirements seems to be that a club lounge is present.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.