Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Sydney REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:22 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

The Hyatt Regency Sydney opened yesterday.

The hotel is the former Four Points Sydney and has experienced a significant refurbishment of common areas, however, other than the new tower the guest rooms remain the same.

At this stage: Club lounge, rooftop bar and tower are to open 'at the end of December.'

For clarification club rooms are the standard 30 sqm rooms with club lounge access.

Unlike its predecessor they do offer valet parking utilising a parking station across the street.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
2,500 pts for closed lounge?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:16 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mediator
2,500 pts for closed lounge?
Precisely what I was thinking!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:07 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Full range of rooms available for sale now. Used a Suite Upgrade yesterday on the base room.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Markie
Full range of rooms available for sale now. Used a Suite Upgrade yesterday on the base room.
What date? The Tower isn't open yet...

I've been watching day by day, they've taken all the suites offline for NYE as of two days ago.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:45 am

Location: Illinois USA. AA EXPLT 3MM, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat Royal Ambassador
Will be here January 13-16. Booked base room, used DSU to Regency Suite King. Hope the Club Lounge will open before I arrive.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW7Z
Will be here January 13-16. Booked base room, used DSU to Regency Suite King. Hope the Club Lounge will open before I arrive.
Judging by the photos these are the old Maritime Studios and are junior suites.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Stay during Switchover

Hyatt Regency Sydney

Map| 10 Reviews | 60% Recommended

Hyatt Regency Sydney

161 Sussex Street Sydney, New South Wales AU 2000

Stay during Switchover (0 Photo)

Hyatt Regency Sydney

I stayed here during the transition period and I could see some staff learning the new system. I was promised one night credit each with SPG and Hyatt but I couldn't get SPG to post since it has already left their system. 

Overall, a great hotel right in Sydney's CBD and defintely welcomed in addition to the PH Sydney.

Check In

Newly renovated lobby and check-in was efficient (I checked in as a SPG Platinum and my stay was during the transition). 

Room

Room was newly renovated but if you have stayed here when it was a Four Points, the rooms are exactly the same as Four Points. I stayed here a few times for the past couple of years and the room has not changed. having that said, the rooms are modern and Harbour view rooms have amazing views of Darling Harbour.

The Maritime Studios (or Suites) during the 4P management are great - and they offer almost floor to ceiling glass windows along with a patio. 

Dining

Diamond breakfast is at the restaurant (full buffet) and there was a wide variety of food and the quality was great. There were a lot of fresh fruits, pastries, cereal/muesli, cold cuts, made-to-order eggs, fresh juice, and hot food items (including Asian and Western options).

My highlight was the barista coffee that serves all types of coffee (espresso, flat white, piccolo latte, long black etc.). 

It is right at Darling Harbour and only a few minutes walk to Queen Victoria Building. It took me about 15-20 minutes to walk to the Rocks/Circular Quay/Opera House area and about 5 minutes walk to Town Hall train station (for trains to/from SYD and suburbs).

Stay during Switchover

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Regency Sydney?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:35 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by m0hamed
What date? The Tower isn't open yet...

I've been watching day by day, they've taken all the suites offline for NYE as of two days ago.
January 25/27 2017
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:18 pm

I'm guessing the Diamond Breakfast in the restaurant is ONLY until the lounge opens?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I'm guessing the Diamond Breakfast in the restaurant is ONLY until the lounge opens?
We won't know.

I'm doubting the tower and club will open by NYE...
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:39 pm

Any updates? Are the rooms in the Tower open now? Club open? Diamond Breakfast still in restaurant? 2,500 points for club closure?

Looking at staying next week and using a DSU.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Any updates? Are the rooms in the Tower open now? Club open? Diamond Breakfast still in restaurant? 2,500 points for club closure?

Looking at staying next week and using a DSU.
I don't believe the tower is open. Best to call and ask in house reservations or front desk.

Keep us posted?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:46 am
Original Poster

According to TA the club and rooftop are still not open. And no valet...

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel...uth_Wales.html
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
According to TA the club and rooftop are still not open. And no valet...

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel...uth_Wales.html
Thanks. My plan is to do one night at Regency, then two nights at Park.

Paying cash is $118 USD/night at Regency. I'll get 1,000 points Diamond Amenity plus 2,500 points for Lounge Closure.

Pay $118 but get 3,500 points (+1,121 points for stay base/Diamond/using Hyatt Visa) vs. Using 30,000 points for an extra night at Park.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.