Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So sad for Hyatt!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
So sad for Hyatt!

Over the weekend, I say the Friday - Nov. 18th, 2016 edition of USA Today. In the Travel Section, 10 Best Readers Choice Awards for Best Hotel Loyalty Program and guess where Hyatt is?
NO WHERE!
They did not even rank in top 10 even Club Carlson and La Quinta is ranked but Hyatt is not.

Can someone please, please wake the leadership up at Hyatt before they become Montgomery Ward of Hotel chains!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 7:02 am

The leadership apparently believes it is doing the right thing. Only time will tell if they are correct, although many of us will be elsewhere when that occurs.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by klakhav
Over the weekend, I say the Friday - Nov. 18th, 2016 edition of USA Today. In the Travel Section, 10 Best Readers Choice Awards for Best Hotel Loyalty Program and guess where Hyatt is?
NO WHERE! ...
Just my opinion here:

I love Hyatt for the quality and consistency of their hotels and far-better-than-average staff. So I'm loyal. What USA Today and its readers like matters not one whit to me.

I suspect that many "mainstream", occasional hotel guests - driven solely by price - have little experience with the brand, which is often not the cheapest.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Can someone please, please wake the leadership up at Hyatt before they become Montgomery Ward of Hotel chains!
Out of irony.... Isnt USA Today the Montgomery Ward/Kmart of the media world?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 10:46 am

I s'pose that's what I was getting at. For many people, KMart, Walmart and La Quinta provide just what they are seeking. Sometimes I'm in that category. (I spend around 60 nights a year in Super8s and Days Inns and such.) But when I think of what I really want in a hotel and what a hotel can provide me (and when it's my money I'm spending, not the corporate dollar), I'm in a Hyatt...or Hilton or... ...even if it's a Hyatt Place or a Hampton Inn.

If I spent 365 days a year in the very humblest hotels, I would be burned out and 300 pounds (I want that fitness center!) The winner of the (whatever it was) was Choice Hotels. That's Rodeway Inn, EconoLodge, Sleep Inn, Comfort, Quality, Clarion. How does that stack up against Hyatt Regency, Andaz, Hyatt House and Place, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt... Should Hyatt "aspire" to compete with EconoLodge? Apparently it would help them on this list.

To be fair, the ranking has to do with hotel loyalty programs; I only care about hotels. Sleeping tonight. But I'm not convinced that an enticing reward for 30 nights of loyalty to Rodeway Inn is a night at another Rodeway Inn.

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Nov 21, 2016 at 10:56 am
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: VS, BA, C, C++, IoT
Not sure I'd particularly cite USA Today readers as connoisseurs of fine hotels!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jonsg
Not sure I'd particularly cite USA Today readers as connoisseurs of fine hotels!
Like TripAdvisor.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jonsg
They're customers of hotels. Good enough for me.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Just my opinion here:

I love Hyatt for the quality and consistency of their hotels and far-better-than-average staff. So I'm loyal. What USA Today and its readers like matters not one whit to me.

I suspect that many "mainstream", occasional hotel guests - driven solely by price - have little experience with the brand, which is often not the cheapest.
Marriott and Starwood are on the list. So your theory on price can't be correct.

Last edited by JackE; Nov 21, 2016 at 6:04 pm
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Out of irony.... Isnt USA Today the Montgomery Ward/Kmart of the media world?
NO "McDonald's " of newspapers that was placed on them when the paper first launched Thats show old I am
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Like TripAdvisor.
Maybe the USA did not like "globalist "
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
NO WHERE!
They did not even rank in top 10 even Club Carlson and La Quinta is ranked but Hyatt is not.

For reasons already mentioned, it's sad that you would take time to post something like this. It means nothing.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman
For reasons already mentioned, it's sad that you would take time to post something like this. It means nothing.
you know we respect most all posters here, to some it's a statement of concern to others maybe not so important, but that's for each of us to decide.

To openly be so critical of someone you don't even know lacks decorum. Personally you should withdraw the comment and move on with your life
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by edgewood49
"McDonald's " of newspapers that was placed on them when the paper first launched
We've always called them McPaper.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
We've always called them McPaper.
close enough !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.