Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

25 Stays in Jan-Feb to attain Globalist?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Anyone considering giving this a shot? Seems worth it to have globalist status through 2019.

I've been thinking about a road trip anyway.

Last edited by BigManOnCampus1; Nov 11, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Those 25 nights would all have to be separate stays. But you can reduce them to as few as 20 with HCC spend.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JackE
Those 25 nights would all have to be separate stays. But you can reduce them to as few as 20 with HCC spend.
Oops I meant to put stays but put nights for some reason. I changed the title.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BigManOnCampus1
Oops I meant to put stays but put nights for some reason. I changed the title.
Actually you will have to contact the moderators via the triangle button to change a thread name.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BigManOnCampus1
Anyone considering giving this a shot? Seems worth it to have globalist status through 2019.

I've been thinking about a road trip anyway.
Can you explain in detail while you think that it's worth it to do such a thing?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:26 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Absolutely not worth doing it if you're one of those that qualify based on stays. I'd look into a different program and inquire whether or not they offer some challenge or match.

On that note, my friend wrote into Marriott and was given Silver status (he's Diamond).
Old Nov 12, 2016, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 77W_12A
On that note, my friend wrote into Marriott and was given Silver status (he's Diamond).
SPG does a challenge. 18 nights to Plat. SPG Status Challenge
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Can you explain in detail while you think that it's worth it to do such a thing?
^ I've done more than a few mattress runs in the last 15 years. This looks like a no-brainer to me ... not worth it. Especially since one is chasing 2018 elite status at the very beginning of 2017.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 77W_12A
Absolutely not worth doing it if you're one of those that qualify based on stays. I'd look into a different program and inquire whether or not they offer some challenge or match.

What benefits does he/she expect to receive as a Marriott Silver?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hailstorm
1) I was wanting to do a road trip in the U.S. anyway so may as well stay at Hyatt's to get top status

2) 4 Suite Upgrades

3) Globalist status through the end of 2018
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hello, I missed most of what's going on. What's the reason for 25 nights January and February? Is it an accelerated status earning period?
Old Nov 12, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
Hello, I missed most of what's going on. What's the reason for 25 nights January and February? Is it an accelerated status earning period?
Hyatt is abandoning it's great Gold Passport program on March 1, 2017, and replacing it with World Of Hyatt. The new high tier will require up to THREE times as many nights. Because January and February are still under Gold Passport, you can qualify for 2017 Diamond in those two months, which carry over to 2018 and through Feb 28, 2019.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If you can do 25 stays in 2 months, 60 nights in a year really shouldn't be an issue... (why be Globalist if you aren't even going to use your DSUs for up to 28 of the 35 additional nights you would need for a standard 60)

It might seem like a fun hack, but you might need to actually do the 60 nights to get 2018 DSUs, the free night certificate, etc.

Read the Lifetime Globalist thread... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...rld-hyatt.html

Last edited by craigthemif; Nov 12, 2016 at 10:14 am
Old Nov 12, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by craigthemif
It might seem like a fun hack, but you might need to actually do the 60 nights to get 2018 DSUs, the free night certificate, etc.
Yes, 2018 DSUs will require 60 nights in 2017.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 10:27 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What benefits does he/she expect to receive as a Marriott Silver?
Nothing, but I'm just throwing it out there for people wondering about a challenge or status match with Marriott.

@kacee I still have 4 DSUs and can't even use them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.