Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2023, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PoincianaKings
Public Transportation Options

Buses currently cost £1.75 each way.

Payment can be made with Oyster cards and contactless payment methods. No cash, no credit cards requiring signatures / PINs, etc.

From / To Terminal 5

Bus 423. Departs T5 local buses lane, bus stop 1. (outside on arrivals level, past entrance to Heathrow Express / Elizabeth Line / Piccadilly Line). Get off the bus at the bus stop called "Compass Centre", all London buses announce the next stop on the digital dot matrix screens. Bus stop is in front of hotel.

To return to T5, cross street at traffic light, bus stop is on the right. Bus stop BW (as indicate by the red sign with BW written in white above the bus stop sign). T5 is the last stop for the bus.

From / To Terminals 2/3

Bus U3. Departs Heathrow Central Bus Station. (Follow signs to London Underground station, then up stairs / lift to bus station) The bus stop for the Hyatt Place is called "Compass Centre" - across the street from hotel.

To return to T2/3, the bus stop is in front of hotel.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2016, 4:57 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

A 2nd Hyatt Place to open at Heathrow airport early 2017, after rebranding the "Heathrow Hotel Bath Road".
This HP will be much better located than the HP Hayes location, alongside all the other major hotels on Bath Road.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/ac...eathrow-hotel/

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/1...0/4079305.html

Last edited by 59Impala; Nov 11, 2016 at 6:10 am Reason: added 2nd link
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this within the free public bus zone?
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this within the free public bus zone?
I think all Bath Road properties are but may be mistaken
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by price123
Doubletree LHR would be an example of a hotel that's too far East along the Bath Rd to be in the free travel zone - when coming from the airport, it's beyond the bus stop Harlington Corner, which is where the free travel zone ends.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
This is great news. Although horrible for the HP Hayes, which is a pain to get to and will surely lose some business. Although perhaps that will result in even lower rates there, which makes it perfect for those of us based in Europe who need some local help to reach the 55/60 nights for Globalist.

I think this new property is an old Holiday Inn that was de-flagged awhile ago? Funny... I noticed this place the other day and wondered how an independent hotel could survive here.

This will definitely be within the free travel zone. However, the other day I saw a couple dragging 4 heavy suitcases onto a mostly full red bus and wondered if 5 quid was really so overwhelming for the Hotel Hoppa...
Old Nov 12, 2016, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://londonheathrowairport.place....otel/home.html

Not quite working yet...
Old Nov 12, 2016, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by craigthemif
This is great news. Although horrible for the HP Hayes, which is a pain to get to and will surely lose some business. Although perhaps that will result in even lower rates there, which makes it perfect for those of us based in Europe who need some local help to reach the 55/60 nights for Globalist.

I think this new property is an old Holiday Inn that was de-flagged awhile ago? Funny... I noticed this place the other day and wondered how an independent hotel could survive here.

This will definitely be within the free travel zone. However, the other day I saw a couple dragging 4 heavy suitcases onto a mostly full red bus and wondered if 5 quid was really so overwhelming for the Hotel Hoppa...
Part of the problem with the Hoppa is that it isn't very frequent, IME every half hour to the terminal I needed the last time. Also, you must buy a ticket in advance for some particular time. I'd rather just jump on the local bus, which runs every ten minutes or less, when I'm ready to go to the airport.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Part of the problem with the Hoppa is that it isn't very frequent, IME every half hour to the terminal I needed the last time. Also, you must buy a ticket in advance for some particular time. I'd rather just jump on the local bus, which runs every ten minutes or less, when I'm ready to go to the airport.
Most of the airport hotels we've stayed in provide a Merc S class for £10 (maybe £15 from HP Hayes - much easier and for us, better value
Old Nov 12, 2016, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hop on the local bus as well, even though T4 and T5 are substantially more complicated to get to on the bus.

However the free zone's primary intention is to avoid traffic congestion by having staff take the bus to the airport instead of driving or being dropped off. It's not at all set up for tourists to drag loads of luggage. If you can't really manage your own luggage without bothering others, you shouldn't really be on the local bus. You can take the Hoppa or arrange for a hotel car...
Old Nov 12, 2016, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
If you can't really manage your own luggage without bothering others, you shouldn't really be on the local bus.
If LHR's owners weren't so intent on gouging money from pax wherever and whenever they can, local hotels would be allowed to operate their own free shuttles as they do at so many other airports around the world.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Took an Uber from the Radisson Blu to T4 last year and it was under £7. Seems like the best option.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
If LHR's owners weren't so intent on gouging money from pax wherever and whenever they can, local hotels would be allowed to operate their own free shuttles as they do at so many other airports around the world.
Which is why I am surprised that there isn't a no-luggage or some other discriminatory policy on the local buses, since BAA is paying for the free service.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 4:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by price123
There are some that are beyond the zone, but the policing of the free zone in one or both directions isn't all that tight.

There was a hotel one stop beyond the free zone that I sometimes used and I would get off within the free zone and walk a minute to the hotel. On the return to the airport, it was a bit more of a walk back to get back into the free zone, but I've seen the bus drivers not make an issue about people boarding one stop too early.

I avoid the Hotel Hoppa as much as I can. And given how cheap I sometimes get the Sofitel LHR, paying for the Hotel Hoppa is even more out of the picture for me than before.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:20 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Adding the official press release

http://newsroom.hyatt.com/114016Seco...United-Kingdom
Old Dec 18, 2016, 12:53 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Accepting reservations from 20 Dec 16 and within the Heathrow Free Travel Zone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.