Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2023, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PoincianaKings
Public Transportation Options

Buses currently cost £1.75 each way.

Payment can be made with Oyster cards and contactless payment methods. No cash, no credit cards requiring signatures / PINs, etc.

From / To Terminal 5

Bus 423. Departs T5 local buses lane, bus stop 1. (outside on arrivals level, past entrance to Heathrow Express / Elizabeth Line / Piccadilly Line). Get off the bus at the bus stop called "Compass Centre", all London buses announce the next stop on the digital dot matrix screens. Bus stop is in front of hotel.

To return to T5, cross street at traffic light, bus stop is on the right. Bus stop BW (as indicate by the red sign with BW written in white above the bus stop sign). T5 is the last stop for the bus.

From / To Terminals 2/3

Bus U3. Departs Heathrow Central Bus Station. (Follow signs to London Underground station, then up stairs / lift to bus station) The bus stop for the Hyatt Place is called "Compass Centre" - across the street from hotel.

To return to T2/3, the bus stop is in front of hotel.

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Markie
Only issue with HP Hayes is not allowing hot buffet items for Globalists and they slashed their in-room dining menu to items you can buy from the bar.
You have really bad luck with HPs in the UK! Never had an issue at Hayes about eating whatever I wanted. Must be 8-10 stays between both hotels.
Markie likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Due to my travel and work schedule later this month, I was looking at this HP as a base and noticed that they do offer a "long term stay" rate for stays longer than 14 nights. The rate is the same as the advance purchase rate and under rate rules it's listed that "Minimum length of 14 nights/Party is eligible for World of Hyatt points/Maximum oc. is 3".

Why is the points earning specifically mentioned? Thought that all rates booked via hyatt.com are qualifying rates (so do earn points and nights)? Did I miss something?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:55 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Why is the points earning specifically mentioned? Thought that all rates booked via hyatt.com are qualifying rates (so do earn points and nights)? Did I miss something?
Some bookings made on hyatt.com (with certain rate codes) do not earn points. Example: most airport hotels have "distressed passenger" rates. If you know the code, you can book that rate. It does not earn points because it's considered a "travel industry" rate. This is just one example and I'm sure there are more. MOST (but not all) stays booked on hyatt.com qualify. If the rate does not qualify, usually that fact will be mentioned in the rate rules.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Stayed there this weekend. Small rooms though nicely done. Nothing special and quite annoying that it seems to be the only HP in the world that doesn't offer breakfast (though that may not matter if you have lounge access at LHR and a morning flight).

very easy for the free London transport (bus stop is right in front of the hotel coming from T5/going to T3 which was my routing). There's a decent Indian restaurant one bus stop back towards T5 (which is easy to walk to). I think booking this again would be very rate-dependant--i.e. OK if it's cheap. Anyway, overall it's certainly worse than the Hilton T4 or T5--more in the category of the Edwardian or the Doubletree or the HGI.
Markie likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Checked in last nigt and was welcomed as a Globalist.

Without further prompting I was advised 4pm check out available, there would be an amenity in my room, complimentary water, a couple of other things and that breakfast would be complementary. I asked "full breakfast" and was told yes.

The room appears to be the same one as Markie had in post #24 (from angles in photo). Amenity was 3 apples with a welcome card.

Quite happy with room.

The No 7 bus was easy.
Markie likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty
I asked "full breakfast" and was told yes.
An update - when I went for breakfast, the staff member consulted a list looking for an entry for my room, confirmed that and started to ask about a breakfast upgrade but stopped when they saw "GB" noted there (I was peeking) and simply welcomed me in, pointing out the various food station including cooked items (eggs are available cooked to order).
Markie likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I have a stay coming up and will be arriving at LHR T5 by bus from out of town. I will have two large and heavy suitcases. Given that, I assume the Hotel Hoppa is probably a silly ida and I (and other passengers on the bus, presumably) would be better off taking a taxi or Uber, would that be correct? If so, what sort of charge would I be looking at?

Other than the Indian restaurant eefor jp referred to above, is there anything else close for a feed and drink?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, the local bus (7?) will get you between the airport and the hotel at no charge.

There is generally space, the bus is frequent enough and it only three stop (IIRC) or 10 minutes each way.

You only issue would be in getting the bags to the hotel from across the road. There is a pedestrian crossing.

Can't comment on restaurants ...
Markie likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:39 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Very little nearby I am afraid in terms of Restaurants - the hotel is pretty much on its own surrounded by fields and close to the Police Station.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:28 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Very little nearby I am afraid in terms of Restaurants - the hotel is pretty much on its own surrounded by fields and close to the Police Station.
It depends on your definition of "nearby". I find there are at least 6 very good restaurants within easy walking distance, which I define as 3/4 of a mile or less. I use an app (zomato) to identify them. Of course there are many other ways to identify good restaurants nearby.

On the bus vs uber question, if you take the Hotel Hoppa bus or uber, you'll have to schlepp the suitcases to the pick-up point. Uber picks up somewhere in the car park near Terminal 2. The Hotel Hoppa picks up curbside by one of the terminals. Either way, you'll have to haul suitcases through the tunnels etc. But if you take the local red bus (use google maps to find out which bus), the stop is right there at the central bus station. If it were me, I'd take the local red bus. Less total distance to schlep the suitcases. Plus, the Hyatt Place Heathrow (NOT the HP Heathrow Hayes but the one on Bath Road) is within the free zone for the red bus.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
People with heavy suitcases they cannot manage themselves should not be taking the local red buses. The free buses are intended for local workers so they don't have to drive into Heathrow, not for tourists too cheap to take the Hotel Hoppa. It's one thing to hop on and manage your own stuff, another thing to be asking for help and taking up the baby buggy / wheelchair space with massive suitcases. Especially the tiny 423 bus from T5.

Take an Uber. It won't be expensive.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by serfty
FWIW, the local bus (7?) will get you between the airport and the hotel at no charge.

There is generally space, the bus is frequent enough and it only three stop (IIRC) or 10 minutes each way.

You only issue would be in getting the bags to the hotel from across the road. There is a pedestrian crossing.

Can't comment on restaurants ...
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
It depends on your definition of "nearby". I find there are at least 6 very good restaurants within easy walking distance, which I define as 3/4 of a mile or less. I use an app (zomato) to identify them. Of course there are many other ways to identify good restaurants nearby.

On the bus vs uber question, if you take the Hotel Hoppa bus or uber, you'll have to schlepp the suitcases to the pick-up point. Uber picks up somewhere in the car park near Terminal 2. The Hotel Hoppa picks up curbside by one of the terminals. Either way, you'll have to haul suitcases through the tunnels etc. But if you take the local red bus (use google maps to find out which bus), the stop is right there at the central bus station. If it were me, I'd take the local red bus. Less total distance to schlep the suitcases. Plus, the Hyatt Place Heathrow (NOT the HP Heathrow Hayes but the one on Bath Road) is within the free zone for the red bus.
Thank you all. Good to know I don't have far to go to report an attempted theft if the hotel tries to charge me for breakfast!
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I've now had four stays there over the past month.

The bus that brought me to T5 from out of town stops about 100 metres from stand eight which is where bus number seven departs from so I took that. It's a bit confusing, though. You need to take bus number seven with "Slough" on the front. But even then, apparently there's Slough and there's Slough so make sure to ask the driver if he or she stops at Compass Centre (the fourth stop, directly outside the Hyatt). On two occasions I took the 423 bus from stand six which is also free and takes much the same amount of time. The seven had space for luggage; the 423 not so much. Returning to T5 I took the 423 from the opposite side of the road to the Hyatt. Both buses are free.

I think the hotel is really quite decent for a Place. Breakfast as included "Because your're a G***" (I still can't use that ridiculous word). (As an aside, I really wish Gary Leff would stop declaring all Places have free breakfast for everyone.) I found the spread to be quite extensive although the eggs didn't look like much on the one morning I felt like them. The lobby bar is a nice area to relax and work but I think the food prices are on the pricey side.

The rooms are a good size with plenty of space. There's a shower-tub combo and a long desk to work. I appreciate that the drapes overlap to keep out every inch of light. The gymnasium is reasonable with some free weights and even a barbell.

A couple of the staff are a little more friendly than the others but on the whole I found them to be perfectly fine but certainly without any real level of hospitality. Perhaps that's part of the brand.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:18 am

Mini-trip report. Free red bus to and from hotel. Easy check in. Globalists are usually "upgraded", so I've never stayed in their basic room. But if the "upgraded" room is any clue, then the basic room is gonna be very spartan. Several nice restaurants within easy walking distance. In case of rain, the hotel's restaurant is open until 11 pm. It's pricey (entrees start at approximately 15 GBP), however service and food are decent and they will gladly charge the meal to your room. Overall, a very nice place to overnight near LHR airport.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I've spent a few nights recently here and found the hotel to be nice. It was clean, quiet, and I had nice views of the airport. The restaurant was pretty good. Gym is mediocre.

The hotel can get a bit chaotic if a flight cancels and a bunch of people arrive at once.
Markie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.