Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric -- Mountain View, California REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric -- Mountain View, California REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:50 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
More details are becoming available on this - looking to be late 2018.

Scroll down here for more info:
The Project ? The Village at San Antonio Center
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:47 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I pass by this project almost weekly. The hotel construction is underway but has a LONG way to go still. I'd say that late 2018 is possible but not certain.

Those drawings in the link just above are rather removed from the developing reality. The open spaces are a lot smaller and the pedestrian mall next to the fanciful movie theater fails to show an existing fruit stand which is very popular locally. Attempts to cut it down for a mall would lead to significant neighborhood outcry in support of the owner of the fruit stand.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Most of the construction is looking pretty close except the hotel, which is looking far from it. Also, the views from the hotel are going to be of a parking lot to Kohl's. Brace yourself, finicky Hyatt elites. This isn't San Francisco.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by stvr
Most of the construction is looking pretty close except the hotel, which is looking far from it. Also, the views from the hotel are going to be of a parking lot to Kohl's. Brace yourself, finicky Hyatt elites. This isn't San Francisco.
Maybe that will be the premium "up-charge" view, like staying at the HR Santa Clara and paying extra to see the football* stadium.

* football and other things, I guess.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Drove by the other day and although the sign still says it is opening in 2018, it is a long way from being done. Construction is going quite slowly.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Now showing Summer 2019 on its own Hyatt page.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...ain-view/sjcct
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Property is accepting reservations from August 1st onward. Rack rate loaded is in the mid $600's no matter what week selected. Weekend stays in high 200's.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Yep, have multiple bookings there already starting in October. Booked several months ago. Should be quite convenient to my Sunnyvale office. Rack rates are obscene

Hope they actually open on time. Had reservations at the new HH by SJC which didn’t open on time (and still isn’t open) and they just cancelled my reservations with no help until I demanded they get me a Hyatt at the same rate
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Yep, have multiple bookings there already starting in October. Booked several months ago. Should be quite convenient to my Sunnyvale office. Rack rates are obscene

Hope they actually open on time. Had reservations at the new HH by SJC which didn’t open on time (and still isn’t open) and they just cancelled my reservations with no help until I demanded they get me a Hyatt at the same rate
Is that how you got the rate better?

My corporate rate trims off a little bit but nothing to make it affordable. I typically stay in the HH San Jose or Santa Clara.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Is that how you got the rate better?

My corporate rate trims off a little bit but nothing to make it affordable. I typically stay in the HH San Jose or Santa Clara.
no, these were reservations for February. They rebooked me at th HP San Jose which I was not happy about. I’m at the HH San Jose right now and have reservations there through September
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

The scaffolding is all gone and there is "Hyatt Centric" signage up but as seen from outside, there still looks like a lot of work to do.

$600 rack rate for that hotel in that location seems crazy, that's higher than I just paid at the PHNY,. Hopefully just a placeholder until they get a better idea of what they can ask. There are a whole bunch of midrange hotels located within 2 miles and there are also two new adjacent Marriott branded hotels being built just about a mile away on San Antonio Road.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
It's Silicon Valley where a Hampton Inn goes for $300+ during the week. $600 rack doesn't sound outrageous in the current market.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
It's Silicon Valley where a Hampton Inn goes for $300+ during the week. $600 rack doesn't sound outrageous in the current market.
The four seasons Palo Alto has rates normally in the $500s. This is not the four seasons. No way they can get away with charging that.
RichardInSF likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by ryandc99
The four seasons Palo Alto has rates normally in the $500s. This is not the four seasons. No way they can get away with charging that.
Maybe you are confusing Rack with regular prevailing rates. I'm sure the Four Seasons rack is much higher than $500.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Maybe you are confusing Rack with regular prevailing rates. I'm sure the Four Seasons rack is much higher than $500.
Dunno about rack rates but I just went on the FS website for random weekdays in August (Aug 14-16) and it was $552 a night. For those same nights, the Hyatt Centric MV website listed the room rate as $686 a night (member rate). Now the FS in East Palo Alto is not a great hotel by any means, but it certainly will be at least two steps above the Hyatt Centric!
ryandc99 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.