FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Centric -- Mountain View, California REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1796845-hyatt-centric-mountain-view-california-review-master-thread.html)

RichardInSF Oct 16, 2016 3:46 pm

Hyatt Centric -- Mountain View, California REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Looks like there is going to be one here, it's in the massive construction project at San Antonio Road and El Camino Real, for those who know the area.

I know nothing about it other than I happened to be driving around the project area (the grocery store I use is here) and saw a sign designating the "Hyatt Centric construction HQ."

Anyone know anything more?

P.S. What is a Centric, anyway? Kind of looks like a downscale Andaz.

austin_modern Oct 17, 2016 7:45 am

This is pretty awesome. Would love to see some better Hyatt's in the area.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 27354328)

Trendy Boutique Hotels: Urban Traveling | Hyatt Centric
https://centric.hyatt.com/
Experience unique, personalized treatment at Hyatt Centric boutique hotels. Treat yourself at these trendy hotels to a relaxing and stylish stay.

JackE Oct 17, 2016 5:33 pm

Looks like there is going to be one here, it's in the massive construction project at San Antonio Road and El Camino Real, for those who know the area.

I know nothing about it other than I happened to be driving around the project area (the grocery store I use is here) and saw a sign designating the "Hyatt Centric construction HQ."

Anyone know anything more?

That's awesome, especially with the occupancy changes at the HR near Levi's Stadium.

Radiant Flyer Oct 18, 2016 12:19 am

This is good news, there is a major hotel shortage in the Palo Alto / Stanford area... most of the hotels are dumps and charging $375 to $500 a night during the week. There is also a new Marriott full service hotel being built in Menlo Park. The Hyatt Centric is a welcomed addition to the area. Not a bad location, close to the San Antonio Cal Train Station.

Hopefully it will open by mid 2018 I have a major conference to host in the area and need rooms!!!

Here is a rendering:
http://www.lusardi.com/lusardi-build...san-francisco/

pWei Oct 18, 2016 9:05 am

Upscale HP with bare minimum "casual" full service is more accurate, at least according to the DC and Miami implementations. Imagine HP but with a proper restaurant, with breakfast free for diamonds and nicer furnishings.

skj Oct 19, 2016 6:13 am

Originally Posted by pWei (Post 27361630)
Upscale HP with bare minimum "casual" full service is more accurate, at least according to the DC and Miami implementations. Imagine HP but with a proper restaurant, with breakfast free for diamonds and nicer furnishings.

Not in my experience ... I find properties that are now branded as Centric, such as New Orleans, The Woodlands, Park City and San Francisco, far superior to a HP and even most Hyatts or HRs in terms of service, amenities and furnishings. I generally enjoy the unique elements of each property and find them a nice change from the "cookie cutter" mainline brands.

By the way, I don't even see a "DC implementation" of a Centric property. Are you thinking of a different brand ?

pWei Oct 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by skj (Post 27365637)
Not in my experience ... I find properties that are now branded as Centric, such as New Orleans, The Woodlands, Park City and San Francisco, far superior to a HP and even most Hyatts or HRs in terms of service, amenities and furnishings. I generally enjoy the unique elements of each property and find them a nice change from the "cookie cutter" mainline brands.

By the way, I don't even see a "DC implementation" of a Centric property. Are you thinking of a different brand ?

My mistake, the property I was thinking about in DC was indeed a HP. No wonder it looked like a HP!
I did visit the Miami Centric in person and concluded that I probably wouldn't be back. Perhaps I was too quick to judge the brand based on one of its first properties.

Either way it's not a bad thing for the South Bay. There're many HP/HH, but only one full service.

skj Oct 19, 2016 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by pWei (Post 27368387)
Either way it's not a bad thing for the South Bay. There're many HP/HH, but only one full service.

Agreed ! I miss Rickey's !

ryandc99 Oct 19, 2016 7:52 pm

Thanks for sharing, this made my day! can't come soon enough!

RichardInSF Oct 20, 2016 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer (Post 27360272)
This is good news, there is a major hotel shortage in the Palo Alto / Stanford area... most of the hotels are dumps and charging $375 to $500 a night during the week. There is also a new Marriott full service hotel being built in Menlo Park. The Hyatt Centric is a welcomed addition to the area. Not a bad location, close to the San Antonio Cal Train Station.

Hopefully it will open by mid 2018 I have a major conference to host in the area and need rooms!!!

Here is a rendering:
http://www.lusardi.com/lusardi-build...san-francisco/

Great to see further confirmation that this is happening. The San Antonio train station would be about a 6 minute walk but it mostly only gets service once an hour. Still it would provide a cheap, somewhat clumsy, link to both SFO and SJC.

In the meantime if you are looking for a place to stay that probably is more affordable, try to call and get "qualified" for a corporate rate at Dinah's, which is old but fairly decently kept. Wouldn't show up much on searches because it's not part of any chain.

If you're into complete luxury silliness, try the Clement http://www.theclementpaloalto.com/default-en.html , owned by the same guy who owns the two hotels next door.

cmjaffe Oct 21, 2016 12:10 pm

Thanks for the rec

Since ds hopefully will be starting his new job in january in Palo alto. Still needs to finish up last minute stuff at school before packing up. Housing will be fun for him to find, at least well have a Hyatt to start getting stays near by him

stvr Jan 16, 2017 1:47 pm

I would say downscale Andaz is apt. Upscale Hyatt Place is slightly less fair, but I can concede what someone would mean in saying that

MSPeconomist Jan 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by skj (Post 27365637)

I always thought that Hyatt Centrumi/Centruia (Centrums doesn't look good as a plural for Centrum unless we are talking about the vitamins) were supposed to be urban. Unless there's been an awful lot of development in the area since I was last there in a rental car, I don't consider Mountain View to be an urban location.

Kacee Jan 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 27771791)
Unless there's been an awful lot of development in the area since I was last there in a rental car

Um, yeah.

City of Mountain View - Current Projects.

I don't consider Mountain View to be an urban location.

With density of over 6000 residents per square mile, the US Census disagrees with you. By a factor of 6x.

Radiant Flyer Jan 17, 2017 10:57 am

I don't consider Mountain View to be an urban location.

It's rapidly becoming an urban suburb. Palo Alto and Mountain View are the center of innovation, high tech, etc. etc. This area is booming and growing unlike no place on earth. What was a sleepy suburb 20 years ago is now a mini vibrant city. It's a great location for this hotel.

FYI: I just stayed at the Hyatt Centric in Montevideo, great hotel, location is so so. It's not really located in an urban area of the city. I had to take a taxi every where. Great views of the Rio de la Plata, the club is nice but not a true club.