Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Seattle REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Seattle REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Is the non-daily housekeeping mandatory? Or can you request daily housekeeping?
You can request daily. Don't let this issue stop you. Gorgeous hotel with the nicest club lounge I've experienced.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver, Delta Platinum, AA Platinum Pro
Giving this place a try in a week, but only for on night before I head to the Grand (which needs a room refresh if it wants this to be an adjective and not just a noun) for the rest of the weekend. I am amazed considering the Regency has been open for months now that the property webpages have only one distant photo of its supposedly large gym. And in what seems to be an annoying online choice of many Hyatt properties, the gym photo is not in the PHOTOS link where one would expect it, but found only after you select the amenities listing from the property overview page. Finally, whoever is making the decision to put the only "dresser" drawers in these new properties at floor level should be drawn and quartered. At minimum, they are completely unfriendly to older guests or anyone with slightly limited mobility.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by IndyJeffrey
Giving this place a try in a week, but only for on night before I head to the Grand (which needs a room refresh if it wants this to be an adjective and not just a noun) for the rest of the weekend. I am amazed considering the Regency has been open for months now that the property webpages have only one distant photo of its supposedly large gym. And in what seems to be an annoying online choice of many Hyatt properties, the gym photo is not in the PHOTOS link where one would expect it, but found only after you select the amenities listing from the property overview page. Finally, whoever is making the decision to put the only "dresser" drawers in these new properties at floor level should be drawn and quartered. At minimum, they are completely unfriendly to older guests or anyone with slightly limited mobility.
Hyatt has never been good for many of their hotels about having proper pictures
Old May 1, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I don't think you will go back to the Grand after experiencing the Regency's club and fitness center. Its top notch and puts the other properties in the SEA area to shame. Well, maybe except for the newish HR Lake Washington, which is exceptional as well
Old May 1, 2019, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I don't think you will go back to the Grand after experiencing the Regency's club and fitness center. Its top notch and puts the other properties in the SEA area to shame. Well, maybe except for the newish HR Lake Washington, which is exceptional as well
Agreed. This property is far superior to the Grand Hyatt Seattle... nicest Hyatt property in the city and it's not even close (I've stayed at them all). Huge fitness center, too. Lake Washington is nice, too, and has a great pool/spa area.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Agreed. This property is far superior to the Grand Hyatt Seattle... nicest Hyatt property in the city and it's not even close (I've stayed at them all). Huge fitness center, too. Lake Washington is nice, too, and has a great pool/spa area.
I'm planning for a family summer trip.

Which property has the best pool?
How about best breakfast?

Thanks.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
I'm planning for a family summer trip.

Which property has the best pool?
How about best breakfast?

Thanks.
No pool at Hyatt Regency Seattle or Grand Hyatt. Smallish jacuzzi at Grand. Very nice indoor pools at HR Lake Washington and Olive 8.

Breakfast is club lounge at HR Seattle (best I’ve ever seen in a lounge: hot/cold massive spread and basically a full dinner too). Lounge at Grand very typical/average for Hyatt. Lounge at HR Lake Washington has great views but limited food offerings (unless things have improved...) Breakfast at Olive 8 is sit down (no lounge) and acceptable although many rave about it.

Lake Washington is a gorgeous property in a gorgeous location but is probably too far out for most visitors. Grand Hyatt and Olive 8 are nice hotels but overdue for a renovation and showing their age. They are also overpriced IMHO. HR Seattle is gorgeous and brand new.

seawolf, rogo and Skink like this.
Old May 2, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist

No pool at Hyatt Regency Seattle or Grand Hyatt. Smallish jacuzzi at Grand. Very nice indoor pools at HR Lake Washington and Olive 8.

Breakfast is club lounge at HR Seattle (best I’ve ever seen in a lounge: hot/cold massive spread and basically a full dinner too). Lounge at Grand very typical/average for Hyatt. Lounge at HR Lake Washington has great views but limited food offerings (unless things have improved...) Breakfast at Olive 8 is sit down (no lounge) and acceptable although many rave about it.

Lake Washington is a gorgeous property in a gorgeous location but is probably too far out for most visitors. Grand Hyatt and Olive 8 are nice hotels but overdue for a renovation and showing their age. They are also overpriced IMHO. HR Seattle is gorgeous and brand new.

Agree with everything said here....
Old May 2, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver, Delta Platinum, AA Platinum Pro
If they have such a great Fitness Center, you would think they would brag about it more on the website. Sigh. The Olive 8 gym is large and great and while smaller, the one at the Grand has some unique cardio equipment you rarely find at hotels, so I like it a lot as well. Agree that both the Grand and Olive 8 are ready for a refresh, but the new HR decor is so "convention center bland" that I can't get too excited about it either.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:23 pm

If they have such a great Fitness Center, you would think they would brag about it more on the website. Sigh. The Olive 8 gym is large and great and while smaller, the one at the Grand has some unique cardio equipment you rarely find at hotels, so I like it a lot as well. Agree that both the Grand and Olive 8 are ready for a refresh, but the new HR decor is so "convention center bland" that I can't get too excited about it either.
Awfully judgmental for someone who had never been there. I had lowish expectations for it but was very very pleasantly surprised.
Old May 2, 2019, 11:14 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I wish I had spent time in the gym rather than eating and drinking for 3 days, but oh well. I spent last Thursday at the HR and was VERY surprised even for a brand new hotel. The first desk check in agent didn't seem to have a high floor room for me, I assumed it's because I dropped to Explorist. Turns out I had booked 2x queen vs King. Another gentleman at the desk was able to get me a high floor corner king and it was very nice with a great view of the crater they are building another large building in across Howell Great overall location if you like to walk like I do. Close to Cap Hill or down to the waterfront.

Kind of disappointed I didn't use one of my lounge passes for this one, but decided to save it for my next APAC Hyatt where I know the beer will be free
Old May 3, 2019, 1:23 pm

All 3 elevators I used had a normal panel with traditional buttons for each floor. Last visit, about a month ago, they all had the programmable 0-9 buttons. You had to press the first digit then the second digit of the floor number. I guess they decided it was too confusing?

Got upgraded to a corner room this time .. much better for 2 people. I wish all the US regency clubs were as nice as this one.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; May 3, 2019 at 1:29 pm
Old May 3, 2019, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
All 3 elevators I used had a normal panel with traditional buttons for each floor. Last visit, about a month ago, they all had the programmable 0-9 buttons. You had to press the first digit then the second digit of the floor number. I guess they decided it was too confusing?

Got upgraded to a corner room this time .. much better for 2 people.

-David

That's nutty! They still had the push buttons when I was there in March. Are people really that stupid to not figure it out?
Old May 6, 2019, 8:08 pm

Confirmed ..,

"Unfortunately we had quite a few issues with the 0-9 buttons being counterintuitive for a majority of our guests which was why we had them changed to the more standard "button per floor" style that you see in the elevators now."

-David
Old May 18, 2019, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Agree with everything said here....
Question for you two or for anyone who has experience with the Seattle-based Hyatt's. Which would you do: HR Seattle 15k pts + $45 parking vs HR Lake Washington 12k pts + $18 parking over several days? Does your answer change if club lounge access is included?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.