Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Seattle REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Just announced today.

Brand new Hyatt Regency is going up in Seattle. It will be the biggest hotel in the city with 1,264 rooms. The construction is well under way (and has been for a year or so). Scheduled to open July 2018.

https://www.cpexecutive.com/post/126...ntown-seattle/

Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
So the building site right across the road from Olive 8.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
You can see the Olive 8 in the picture!
(Blue building on the lefthand edge of the picture)
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
Yep! And just down the street from the Grand Hyatt

It's the former Greyhound station.

If you want to see some of the demolition photos I put them on my website.

http://singleflyer.com/2016/10/07/hy...gency-seattle/
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
This is going to be a Category SEVEN? Wow.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/explore-...ionGroup=0-All
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by dpb132
This is going to be a Category SEVEN? Wow.

My thinking is that hotels that are coming soon are listed in Category 7 until they finalize the details.

I came up with this because Andaz Munich is also listed as a Category 7 (opening February 2019). So, it seems quite strange that Andaz Munich and Hyatt Regency Seattle are both listed as category 7 hotels and both are not open yet. Time will tell...
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:34 pm

Probably Cat 7 to minimize the speculative bookings people make

Once it gets closer to opening, they can drop it down to a Cat 5 (or whatever makes the most sense).
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Wait, let me get this straight, there's going to be a third Hyatt in downtown Seattle, also a block away from the other two?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is it really opening in July (of this year)?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is it really opening in July (of this year)?
Not really.

https://seattle.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

"Opening Winter 2018"
Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by macguitar
My thinking is that hotels that are coming soon are listed in Category 7 until they finalize the details.
Negative. For example, the Park Hyatt Toronto is listed as "coming soon", and the Hyatt Place Ocean City as "opening soon", both as Category 4 properties:

If true, this would be the first Category 7 HR.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
The website lists 'Fall 2018' in the text and 'Winter 2018' in the heading. Not super confidence inspiring...
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro/4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Negative. For example, the Park Hyatt Toronto is listed as "coming soon", and the Hyatt Place Ocean City as "opening soon", both as Category 4 properties:

I still think (and hope!) I'm right. Here's why....

Park Hyatt Toronto was open for many years, but closed in December 2017 for renovations. Their category is simply reflecting what it had been. The category may or may not change once they are ready to reopen and start accepting reservations.

Hyatt Place Ocean City is actually accepting reservations which means they have solidified their category.

Whenever Hyatt Regency Seattle and Andaz Munich start accepting reservations, this will mean the categories are confirmed. And we'll hopefully we'll find out what they are. That's still my theory, anyway, and I'm sticking with it!

Last edited by macguitar; Jul 24, 2018 at 7:29 pm
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:28 am

I agree, if it sticks. And it's nuts, because if you look at the other Cat 7s, all are residence clubs except PH NY and PH Beaver Creek (which both command $1000/nt for basic rooms at peak times).

Heck, there aren't even any Category 6 HRs. Cat 6 is still NYC + Hawaii + Las Vegas, + a handful of other high end PH, Centric, Andaz.

MAYBE this could be a Cat5. There are a few really nice HRs or in prime real estate locations that are Cat 5.

But realistically, my $$ would be on this being a Cat 4. Both the GH and Olive 8 nearby are Cat 4. Cat 3 would be too low given it's in a good location in a fairly expensive city.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I don't know why this would be a cat 7, nor do I know why they would give it any designation until they had a cat in mind.

My lack of excitement with this hotel is that though there are 1260 guestrooms, only 17 will be one bedroom suites according to the fact sheet. I know of few other hotels with such a poor percentage of suites. https://seattle.regency.hyatt.com/co...-EN-033018.pdf

If these are the standard suites, it makes it likely that TSU redemption availability will be tight and suite upgrades at check-in nonexistent. For a family trip to Seattle (something I hope to do in the next year or two), I doubt this hotel will be able to get my business. I suppose for work though, 1200 more rooms near the convention center will certainly help keep me within the Hyatt loop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.