Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

$50 credit after $500 HR spend for Hyatt Visa (9/26-12/ reg. by 10/31)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Terms and Conditions:

The offer is only valid for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers in good standing who receive this promotion from Hyatt and register for the promotion between 9/26/2016 and 10/31/2016. This offer only applies to Net Purchases made with your Hyatt Credit Card during the promotional period (9/26/16 – 12/31/16) in the amount of $500 or more at a Hyatt Regency branded property located in the United States, and does not include any purchases made at on-property outlets (e.g. restaurant, spa, etc.) not owned or operated by Hyatt. To qualify, purchases must be identified as qualifying Hyatt transactions on Visa’s proprietary network (VisaNet). The Hyatt Regency branded property must submit the hotel transactions under the appropriate merchant code for the transaction to be identified as a qualifying hotel transaction.

https://loyaltyoffer.visa.com/hyattregency/index.aspx
Print Wikipost

$50 credit after $500 HR spend for Hyatt Visa (9/26-12/ reg. by 10/31)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
What if I stay at a Courtyard by Marriott? Will that count?
Originally Posted by JackE
Priceless!
That's actually Mastercard. This is a Visa promotion.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by DCBob
The only dumb question is one not asked.
Originally Posted by austin_modern
.... Abe Lincoln quickly adjusted that quotation after spending 15 mins reading a comment section on the internet.
Or a Q/A thread on FT
Old Oct 15, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
The t&c. Says it must be a Hyatt Regency branded hotel. It then lists, at the bottom of the T&Cs, all the Hyatt Corp. hotel chains.

I wonder if anyone has experience being denied a Grand Hyatt or Hyatt Place.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Anyone know how long it really takes for the $50 to show up? T's & C's says 6-8 weeks but Chase is usually faster.

Also, I'm worried that I stayed at Hyatt Regency SFO but charge showed up as "Hyatt Hotels SF Airport". I sure hope this means that I don't have to eventually call someone and beg for the credit.

Charge showed up as one charge for $501.71 with no distinction between room, taxes, food, etc so I assume I've hit the $500 threshold.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Does the $500 spent have to be at one hotel on one bill? I have stayed at two different Hyatt Regency Hotels and both the bills combined total more than $500. I can't seem to find the answer to this question any where.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:56 pm

Am I able to earn the $50 statement credit by charge 500 GC to my room in one of the Hyatt Regency?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Arrow

Originally Posted by beachfan
The t&c. Says it must be a Hyatt Regency branded hotel. It then lists, at the bottom of the T&Cs, all the Hyatt Corp. hotel chains.

I wonder if anyone has experience being denied a Grand Hyatt or Hyatt Place.
I just looked. It says, "THE FOLLOWING TRADEMARKS ARE THE PROPERTY OF HYATT CORPORATION OR ITS AFFILIATES: . . ." then names all the Hyatt brands. So the 'Regency only' rule still stands!
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Exclamation

Originally Posted by wilma
Could not register, says "We cannot process your request at this time." Thanks Hyatt IT!
When I clicked on the link in GP Concierge's Post 14, I got the same message. So I reloaded the page & it worked just fine the 2nd time !
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Very sad because I have a five night stay at a Grand Hyatt next week and obviously won't qualify for this promotion. I'd like to add that my stay is from the 27th of October to November 1st and while I have a free night stay expiring on the 31st I won't be able to use it--they go by the check out date not check in date which is the 31st when the free night stay expires. Just a fact that may help someone in the future. Good travels and best of luck to all.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:40 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by derby44
Very sad because I have a five night stay at a Grand Hyatt next week and obviously won't qualify for this promotion.
Why not? You have to register by 10/31 and spend by yearend.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
Anyone know how long it really takes for the $50 to show up? T's & C's says 6-8 weeks but Chase is usually faster.

Also, I'm worried that I stayed at Hyatt Regency SFO but charge showed up as "Hyatt Hotels SF Airport". I sure hope this means that I don't have to eventually call someone and beg for the credit.

Charge showed up as one charge for $501.71 with no distinction between room, taxes, food, etc so I assume I've hit the $500 threshold.
Answering my own question. $50 credit showed up today -- 5 days after the $501 charge from Hyatt Regency SFO hit.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by derby44
Very sad because I have a five night stay at a Grand Hyatt next week and obviously won't qualify for this promotion. I'd like to add that my stay is from the 27th of October to November 1st and while I have a free night stay expiring on the 31st I won't be able to use it--they go by the check out date not check in date which is the 31st when the free night stay expires. Just a fact that may help someone in the future. Good travels and best of luck to all.
They won't let you use the free night on the first night? And make a separate res for the remainder.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by joey965
Does the $500 spent have to be at one hotel on one bill? I have stayed at two different Hyatt Regency Hotels and both the bills combined total more than $500. I can't seem to find the answer to this question any where.
You're fine.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by pWei
They won't let you use the free night on the first night? And make a separate res for the remainder.
Yes i could use it on another night--however that made my total higher than my current rate. I spoke with a terrific Diamond agent and he booked each night separately that ended up lowering my total cost by $80. He also called the property to see if they would work something out but they couldn't. At the end I asked to speak to a supervisor to commend the terrific service this agent provided. Much appreciated. Good travel to all.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:23 am

As for the $50 off $500 spend I registered just in case and was going to use my Hyatt Visa regardless. 10% off is a good discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.