Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

ANDAZ OTTAWA BYWARD MARKET - first Andaz property in Canada opening on Aug 23rd 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANDAZ OTTAWA BYWARD MARKET - first Andaz property in Canada opening on Aug 23rd 2016

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2016, 10:47 am
CPU
Original Poster

Thumbs up ANDAZ OTTAWA BYWARD MARKET - first Andaz property in Canada opening on Aug 23rd 2016

ANDAZ OTTAWA BYWARD MARKET

325 Dalhousie Street
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1N 7G1

Now accepting reservations for stays from August 23, 2016 and beyond.

Fact Sheet

200 rooms which look awesome.

Anyone is planning to stay there on the first night?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:34 pm

Canada is all set to embrace its first Andaz brand hotel in the country, Andaz Ottawa! This modern and chic property will call the coveted historic Byward Market district its home.

ANDAZ OTTAWA HIGHLIGHTS

• 200 rooms, 7 suits, and 1 presidential suite
  • 6 Andaz Studios which make up non traditional meeting space
  • A Rooftop Bar and Lounge
  • 1 Restaurant
  • Hotel Designed by Toronto based company, Mason Studio
Last week I had a chance to tour the property, the hard-hat-and-boots tour highlighted that it was very much a construction zone. The property is open to public and accepting reservations as of August 23rd.

A pictorial sneak peek is available on my blog - http://travelupdate.boardingarea.com...-andaz-ottawa/
Old Aug 8, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Category 3: https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...-category.html
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ibling
Last week I had a chance to tour the property, the hard-hat-and-boots tour highlighted that it was very much a construction zone. The property is open to public and accepting reservations as of August 23rd.

A pictorial sneak peek is available on my blog - http://travelupdate.boardingarea.com...-andaz-ottawa/
I'm no construction expert, but those photos don't suggest to me a luxury hotel ready for opening in two weeks. More like the Olympic village in Rio where the opening date is immovable and they fix things as they go along...

That said, as a Category 3 I'm looking forward to visiting sooner rather than later...
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I'm no construction expert, but those photos don't suggest to me a luxury hotel ready for opening in two weeks. More like the Olympic village in Rio where the opening date is immovable and they fix things as they go along...

That said, as a Category 3 I'm looking forward to visiting sooner rather than later...
Haha, true. They did seem far from ready, especially considering reservations are available as of 23rd Aug! The minimalist Andaz design/theme may help catch up. I will try and post some before and after pics in the next couple of weeks. Maybe my pictures don't do justice to the potential in that property .
From what I saw in terms of expected final product, a cat 3 would be a steal!!
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Doesn't look that bad to me.... everything in the rooms seemed to be there, just some cleaning to be done. And 2 weeks should be sufficient to get the public areas completed from what I see.

I would however expect issues when staying since they seem lacking in time for testing.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:32 am

Is there enough going on in Ottawa to warrant a quick weekend visit from the DC area? Andaz does not normally target government types so I'm assuming there is something more happening there.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
As usual check for great deals on better-than-standard rooms at standard prices.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:39 pm
CPU
Original Poster

Prez suite for $200 USD+ plus per night http://extremehoteldeals.com/hyatt-andaz-ottawa/
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:45 pm
CPU
Original Poster

Would anyone be interested to tour the property on Sat Aug 19th?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by CPU
Prez suite for $200 USD+ plus per night http://extremehoteldeals.com/hyatt-andaz-ottawa/
Booked three nights in march

Think they'll honor?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:32 pm
CPU
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Westin.
Booked three nights in march

Think they'll honor?
I think by now their entire inventory is taken.... we will see... unlikely...
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by CPU
I think by now their entire inventory is taken.... we will see... unlikely...
I also booked last night. I received an email this morning that the rate was an error caused by their pre-opening bugs and they want to sub another room type. Can they do this?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Sure they can do that....
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
I haven't got an email yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.