Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Promotion?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Ex Plat, Avis Presidents, Hertz - Preidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Summer Promotion?

With the Stay More Earn More promotion coming to an end, is there any news of new promotion for the summer? I was lucky enough to max out the last stage. It was very nice earning 25K in points for 5 nights.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by travelingbob
With the Stay More Earn More promotion coming to an end, is there any news of new promotion for the summer? I was lucky enough to max out the last stage. It was very nice earning 25K in points for 5 nights.
they dont ever do back to back promos.... and even if they did, no one on this group would know... we've NEVER had a heads up that I can recall by anyone "in the know."
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: Globallist
BUT......FT Memebers do go back to back to back to.........posting new threads on whens the NEXT promo, before the current one even ends.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by creativeguess1
BUT......FT Memebers do go back to back to back to.........posting new threads on whens the NEXT promo, before the current one even ends.
Well I'm a little curious too, since current Hilton 2x promo runs all the way through Aug. 31 . . . .
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Better count on the next GP promo only beginning from Sep 15th..... that has been done before, but who really knows...
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Well I'm a little curious too, since current Hilton 2x promo runs all the way through Aug. 31 . . . .
I may be wrong, but I have just been assuming we won't see any promo from Hyatt until after Labor Day. If Hyatt insists on continuing these silly tiered promos (which I dislike, I prefer something like the current Hilton promo of double points or double points during the week and triple points on weekends), it really makes it less attractive to book Hyatt when there is not a promo on.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Miesque
If Hyatt insists on continuing these silly tiered promos (which I dislike, I prefer something like the current Hilton promo of double points or double points during the week and triple points on weekends), it really makes it less attractive to book Hyatt when there is not a promo on.
I'm not saying this is your situation, but I find it rather amusing that many people hate the airlines' shift towards revenue-based mileage and status earning, while at the same time profess a preference for revenue-based hotel promos (double/triple points instead of per night bonuses).

Personally I think Hyatt have got it exactly right with this promo - everybody can earn some kind of bonus (unless you can't even manage 5 nights, which makes you mostly irrelevant in the grand scheme of promo incentivisation...), while loyal guests feel their loyalty is truly rewarded due to the ratcheting up of bonus points. And Hyatt is rewarding those loyal to the brand, not the highest spenders.

Now, based on Hyatt's previous practice, we'll probably have a gap and just a few days advance notice of the next promo. I also predict a September to November promo, but I wouldn't be shocked by the inclusion of some or all of August and/or December.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Personally I think Hyatt have got it exactly right with this promo - everybody can earn some kind of bonus (unless you can't even manage 5 nights, which makes you mostly irrelevant in the grand scheme of promo incentivisation...), while loyal guests feel their loyalty is truly rewarded due to the ratcheting up of bonus points. And Hyatt is rewarding those loyal to the brand, not the highest spenders.
Hyatt's promos are often timed poorly for me (I always seem to have stays during promo dead periods for Hyatt). Hilton's not so much because there's always something going on. Between that and a smaller Hyatt footprint than Hilton where I usually go, it makes Hilton an easier choice for me. I don't claim to be a big fish in the sea by any means, but "no promo" and "some promo" can make the difference on the margins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.