Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Shanghai, Wujiaochang REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

Looks like Hyatt Regency Shanghai, Wujiaochang has opened. It's the sixth Hyatt property in Shanghai, China. It's located in the Wujiaochang area, a little far from the Bund but close to the universities. GP Cat 2.

http://shanghaiwujiaochang.regency.h...otel/home.html
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Photos look pretty nice. Look forward to reading a review!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:03 am

Stay at Hyatt Regency Shanghai, Wujiaochang

I had some business to do in the Hongkou District, so I decided to give the Hyatt Wujiaochang a try. It would not be too far away from where I would have my meetings.

Arrived into Pudong Airport in the late-afternoon on Saturday, and got into a taxi at 18:05. The traffic was not bad at all, and the route from Pudong to the hotel was mostly on highway. Got to the hotel 35 minutes later.

The hotel is part of the brand-new Hopson One retail complex. It is a shopping mall of 4-5 floors of mid-end brands. Many stores had not even opened yet. Good selection of restaurants. The mall sits on top of the Wujiaochang Metro Station. I did notice that there was a store inside the mail which looked exactly like an Apple Store, and was everything Apple, except for a "missing" Apple logo. I do not know if the logo has not been put up yet or if this store was supposed to mimic a real Apple store.

Hotel "sky lobby" is on Level 6. The Lounge (where happy hour is served, since the Regency Club is not open yet) and the Market Cafe (for Diamond breakfast, and all-day dining) is also on the same 6/F. Rooms go from 7/F to 22/F, and Regency Club is supposed to be on 23/F.

Check in was relatively quick. English ability of the front desk staff is average.

Room is quite nice. Kudos to the lighting, as the room is very bright, which I like. I also quite like the design and the color tones. See photos.

I did visit the Lounge for happy hour. A good menu of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages was available. You could also choose from several meal sets such as (1) vegetable sticks with tartar sauce; (2) sushi set; (3) dim sum set; (4) and one more which I cannot remember. There is live entertainment by a pianist and a solo singer.

As mentioned, Diamonds currently enjoy breakfast at the Market Cafe. However, the rate I booked included breakfast anyway. Note: the daily rate was CNY 950, but the B&B rate was CNY 956, so I booked the latter and because it offered a bonus 1,000 Gold Passport points.

I looked at the in-room dining menu, but did not try anything. The menu has got to be, by far, the cheapest in-room dining that one can get in a five-star hotel in Shanghai!

Air conditioning worked the day of arrival, but broke down the next day from 10:00am until I checked out at 3:00pm. When I went to the front desk, I was told that it was the entire building's aircon which was broken.

I asked for a VAT invoice (fapiao) to be issued to me when I checked out, but the hotel had run out!!! They would print it out later and mail it to me. Let's hope that they follow up on their promise. I got the Duty Manager's contact details, just in case.

Overall, a good hotel with promise. Needs to work out the opening bugs. And, staff's English ability could be improved, as could their speaking confidence. If location suits you, this is a good hotel to choose. I would return again, but would probably wait a few months until the opening jitters have settled down.
Attached Images      
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:07 am

Hyatt Regency Shanghai, Wujiaochang
Attached Images      
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:09 am

Hyatt Regency Shanghai, Wujiaochang (continued)
Attached Images      
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:11 am

Hyatt Regency Shanghai, Wujiaochang (more)
Attached Images    
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:12 am

Hyatt Regency Shanghai, Wujiaochang (in-room dining menu)
Attached Images     
Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Hyatt Regency Shanghai, Wujiaochang (in-room dining menu)
Call me stupid for asking but the pricing is in RMB and not USD right??
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
The lobby reminds me a lot of the Grand Hyatt Guangzhou. Looks pretty nice all in all.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Supra2
Call me stupid for asking but the pricing is in RMB and not USD right??
Yes, in RMB.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:37 am

Hyatt Regency Shanghai Wujiaochang Globalist Upgrade

I booked the daily rate and was proactively upgraded to this suite.

This suite was on the same floor as the Regency Club.
Attached Images      
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:40 am

Hyatt Regency Shanghai Wujiaochang (Suite Upgrade)

Hyatt Regency Shanghai Wujiaochang Suite Upgrade as Globalist benefit.
Attached Images      
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:42 am

Hyatt Regency Shanghai Wujiaochang (more Suite photos)

Hyatt Regency Shanghai Wujiaochang (more Suite photos)
Attached Images      
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:43 am

Hyatt Regency Shanghai Wujiaochang (Suite photos)

Hyatt Regency Shanghai Wujiaochang (Suite photos)
Attached Images     
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:20 am

Any new experiences to share? The lounge? Also wondering, is there an indoor connection from the subway to the hotel or do you have to walk outside? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.