Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Hyatt Gold Standard Properties for Diamond Recognition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Hyatt Gold Standard Properties for Diamond Recognition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:18 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
I'd have to say when I saw this thread the first Hyatt to pop into my head was the Hyatt Regency Orange County. Just completed a stay there (2nd time) and received a 2BR Suite (last time was a 1BR as they were out of 2BR suites) without asking for any upgrade. Breakfast is always removed from the receipt without prompting and the staff are always very friendly and welcoming. I'd have to say if I go to Disney Land (or Anaheim area) this is my go-to property. It appears they genuinely value the Diamond guests and care that you have a good experience.

Windward Side of Life beat me to the second one as well, however the Grand Hyatt Seattle has always been very accommodating to Diamond Guests in my experience as well. I generally receive a corner suite and any concern I may have is promptly addressed. I have had experience with both properties reaching out in advance as well if I book the reservation a few days out.

When I stay at a property I look for the overall recognition of Diamond Status through honoring all benefits. These properties consistently go above and beyond the standard and also have very hospitable staff. I hope to find more Gems like these in the Hyatt portfolio in my travels in the future as well
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Number one with a bullet: Andaz Tokyo. The GM and Rooms Manager always go above and beyond the call of duty. They've accommodated every reasonable request we've ever made, and even a couple that weren't very reasonable. Only a lack of Diamond Suite Upgrades keeps them from having the perfect Diamond experience.

Honorable mention to Hyatt Regency Hakone, for being the only hotel to date to give us a suite upgrade on an all points stay.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
with my limited experience with hyatt.

My best experience (equally) are PH Vienna, PH Tokyo and PH Washington.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
- Grand Seattle. Corner suite is Diamond standard, even on award stays. Excellent club lounge with good selection of drinks (including wines other than Canvas, yay) and quality food offerings.
Not sure what I did to piss them off - I'm 0/3 on any kind of upgrades here, although I always get a nice room and am treated well.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:21 pm

As copy/pasted from my post last month on PH Washington, dont think any personal experience has topped this....

I had a room booked on straight points (20k) at this hotel and on checkin requested if any kind of upgrade can be possible on the base room. Was told already have been upgraded prior to arrival to the junior king suite and at that point I requested if the regular Park suite can be had (since have had this upgrade numerous times without a DSU before). The receptionist checked on the system and said can give one but it isnt ready yet so can wait 10-15 min for it to be ready. Receptionist then sat us down in the bar with a voucher for two complimentary cocktails while we waited.

While we sat and were finishing our drinks, the receptionist came back and apologized saying the moment the suite room opened up, someone else who was checking in was given it within seconds before this receptionist was able to access the room for giving to us, so we would have to stay in the junior suite that was already assigned. Now the biggie, in addition to that also said we can have our dinner in their restaurant, the Blue Duck tavern (without specifying any limit) and any charges for the dinner would be waived on checkout! Am still in disbelief about this as completely unexpected (its now respectfully my favorite Park Hyatt out of many have stayed in around the world)

We did try keep the dinner bill to a "reasonable" level considering the kind of place it is (2 salads, 2 entrees, a shared dessert, and 2 cocktails) but given "no limit" was mentioned I dont think need explain anymore!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 5:43 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Agree with MSPeconomist ... it's hard to know the reason for good treatment: Diamond Member, or Frequent Returning Guest to that one property.

I'd like to add Hyatt North Dallas to the list. Diamonds routinely get upgrade to one of the corner rooms (at weird J-Shaped contraption, yet still nicer than the average room) along with a couple of free drinks in the bar and some freebies from their local (small) store / snack bar facility.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Just made my first stay at the Hyatt Regency Orange County and they were nice, but didn't strike me as incredible. Did upgrade me on a one-night stay to a 2BR suite, which is obviously unnecessary and very appreciated, but it could also be that this hotel has an enormous suite inventory (which seems likely given the location near Disney). Didn't receive an e-mail in advance from the VIP Coordinator, although they did ask if I wanted to meet with her at checkin. Again - nothing wrong with the hotel at all, thought it was a totally fine stay in terms of service - but wasn't blown away in terms of treatment.

The HP in Medford, MA is by far the best I've been treated, first as a Plat(!) and now as a Diamond. Parking charges routinely waived, multiple drinks from the HP self-service center, cookies waiting in my room upon arrival. Obviously they can't do what the Park Hyatt Tokyo could do, and they have treated me well on multiple occasions, but they also did all of that on my first stay, too.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 4:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Park Hyatt Buenos Aires

We just completed 2 stays of 2 nights each last week, and this property is amazing for its diamond recognition.

First stay, two nights:
We used a DSU, which confirms into a Park King Suite, but were upgraded (without prompting) into a larger Deluxe King Suite. In our room, there was a bottle of red wine waiting and a personalized note welcoming us.

Breakfast is pretty much anything goes. Turn down service by housekeeping was excellent and they left us a small bag of chocolates every night.

Second stay, two nights: (we checked out and went to Uruguay for three nights, so I don't think we really count as repeat guests)
They upgraded us once again without prompting into a Deluxe King Suite, albeit different from the one in the first night. This one featured a balcony, which we loved.

Another bottle of red wine awaited us in the room. (that's not the diamond amenity. I'm not sure what the diamond amenity is)

All in all, our stays were perfect.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:58 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Hyatt Regency Denver at the Colorado Convention Center

Always a great suite
Haven't seen a room ever in all the years I have stayed there
Just great Diamond recognition
Never have to ask for an upgrade no matter what time the check in takes place
Update I hear the legendary Adrian still resides in the club! Always a class act

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 12, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Old Jul 20, 2016, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by njdealguy
As copy/pasted from my post last month on PH Washington, dont think any personal experience has topped this....

I had a room booked on straight points (20k) at this hotel and on checkin requested if any kind of upgrade can be possible on the base room. Was told already have been upgraded prior to arrival to the junior king suite and at that point I requested if the regular Park suite can be had (since have had this upgrade numerous times without a DSU before). The receptionist checked on the system and said can give one but it isnt ready yet so can wait 10-15 min for it to be ready. Receptionist then sat us down in the bar with a voucher for two complimentary cocktails while we waited.

While we sat and were finishing our drinks, the receptionist came back and apologized saying the moment the suite room opened up, someone else who was checking in was given it within seconds before this receptionist was able to access the room for giving to us, so we would have to stay in the junior suite that was already assigned. Now the biggie, in addition to that also said we can have our dinner in their restaurant, the Blue Duck tavern (without specifying any limit) and any charges for the dinner would be waived on checkout! Am still in disbelief about this as completely unexpected (its now respectfully my favorite Park Hyatt out of many have stayed in around the world)

We did try keep the dinner bill to a "reasonable" level considering the kind of place it is (2 salads, 2 entrees, a shared dessert, and 2 cocktails) but given "no limit" was mentioned I dont think need explain anymore!
Wow
I have to get there though I expect to pay for my dinner
Great story.Thats the Park Hyatt business culture I remember when San Francisco had one
Old Jul 20, 2016, 9:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The new Grand Hyatt Rio in Rio de Janiero, Brazil. I used a DSU on a very cheap rate and got the best (top floor corner with stunning veiws) suite in the house except for one or two specially suites with private swimming pools, early check in (and lounge breakfast on the morning I arrived), very very very late checkout, several free drinks (in addition to sparkling wine, wine, beer, and a variety of cocktails in the lounge), and generally classy VIP treatment from everyone, including a staff member who recognized me from the PH in Buenos Aires.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Park Hyatt Chicago

After many years I had the pleasure to return to the iconic crown jewel Park Hyatt Chicago home to Hyatt Corporate
I've been wowed by so many spectacular hotels over the years all over the world. I didn't know what I would think returning back good or bad.Its the less is more hotel.Simple but nails the basics and just the right size and scale
I had been there for the opening many years ago and watched some great team members rise to great leadership in other Hyatt hotels worldwide
Last time I was there was with Jeff Zidell and Hyatt corporate.How sad I don't even remember what the occasion or event was!
My room was clean and comfortable even the air felt filtered.My views were stunning and the whole architectural feel of the room of timeless Post modern design
Sure there are newer hotels in Chicago with more bells and whistles.
Using a Glob suite upgrade even for my one night felt worthy of parting with it however the night in questions was slow enough I might have received it without using it.

In the AM we had an excellent breakfast in Nomi with a near perfect omelette where the mushrooms are hand chopped with nice size pieces which added to taste and texture.
Thankfully not done assembly line or rushed out to folks on a line for a buffet
Baking was a shadow of its former self it was just average by 5 start standards
Humble kind hospitable service made me realize the Park Hyatt is a keeper despite perhaps needing a few minor upgrades.
The architect to their credit gave the hotel a clean timeless design and for the most past laid out a quality high end hotel way ahead of its time.All hotels should have this standard
The feel of the building slightly reminds me of the former Park Hyatt San Francisco that I hope in my lifetime with be reincarnated in some other new life in a city begging for its triumphant return
I wouldn't hesitate to return again happily anytime in Chicago despite a wealth of choices
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Andaz Amsterdam making Andaz proud the world over

How it can it be? Looking back Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht opened its doors as the first Hyatt hotel in the Netherlands.
But its been 6 years since the hotel opened in October of 2012 with the original GM of Andaz Wall Street New York at the helm and he has departed the property sadly
Not to worry for the most part I am happy to share. The hotel continues to shine despite my concerns
I returned just days before their anniversary and put it on my bucket list many months ago as it had been some time since I last visited.

Despite 100 plus year old row houses it has never been easy to connect these buildings and make for a polished smooth experience with modern luxury and convenience in any hotel
Historically the famed Pulitzer just down the block is living proof of that failure no matter how much money they pumped into the hotel and there were some material improvements in recent years that helped

The Designer for Andaz Amsterdam Marcel Wonders is a genius.
Its not all my personal taste as its over the top but artistically it remains one of my favorite Andaz properties of all time.and still feels like Alice in Wonderland is alive and well inside and outside a hotel
The gardens out back is truly inspiring unique and special
The hotel itself is certainly not for everybody and though I received an interior facing room I absolutely loved it! While others have occasionally bitterly complained
I've seen the canals for decades and everywhere I walk or bike.
The property is just a joy to be in and they have taken remarkable care of the interior and daily housekeeping.No odd smells.Park Hyatt standards in an Andaz
There social media ratings are unusually high some 6 years after opening when many a property start their downhill spiral
The hotel still screams new despite a few scratches here or there.My only major criticism is the inadequate fitness center and lack of easy access to a nearby major fitness facility

Karen at the property is one of the Hyatt legends helping to the lead the team and a former a veteran of the legendary and respected by many Park Hyatt Milan
She is up there as one of Hyatt's best.
From her personal kindness, respect for her team, guests satisfaction and critical attention to detail we were wowed
I wish every hotel would develop that level of personal service
Certainly miss some of the former team members that have since left but some of the new ones were equally impressive and passionate about serving their guests even heartfelt.
Whatever was slightly missed on day one they made up for it times 10 on day 2!
I felt simply privileged to be their guest despite the high tab and points costs
But make no mistake about it Amsterdam like Copenhagen is not an inexpensive city by any measure

While I'm not fan of the more restaurant menus or the terribly trimmed lack luster room service menu breakfast arguably has to be one of the top ten in the Netherlands or in any city
I never dreamed this could be possible decades ago
This is where Hyatt has its act together taking global excellence into a local market and letting it shine and differentiate the guest experience.
And where being a Globalist really pays off because of the Hyatt Gold standard coming into play

Andaz Amsterdam is a keeper and my go to hotel Amsterdam even though a few others interest me.
My biggest surprise of my stay was years ago I complained that the bed was to hard to sleep in. Imagine I return they noted my profile and had this heavenly foam topper they made the bed up with
It was a fantastic way to end my trip to Europe and made for a great stay and nights of sleep.If you are anti firm in your mattress bedding preference reach out to the hotel before arrival
Andaz Amsterdam Rocks My sincere thanks to all responsible Take a bow well deserved !
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Andaz Tokyo as one of the top Hyatts in the world

The Park-daz in Tokyo never fails to impress me. It was very nice under Arnaud but I think Ross Cooper has taken the properties to even greater heights.

There's an immense sense of place with bits of the hotel decor, amenities, events and works honoring Japanese tradition and culture. It's done tastefully without being too in your face or obnoxious.

Globalist treatment

Any stay issues (rare) are handled with empathy and efficiency.

My room is always prepared the way I like it and any packages are carefully stacked in the entry way. They remember my preferences better than a lot of Park Hyatts.

I've always had their Andaz Large room with the tower view. Been fortunate to have their spacious suite on several occasions but I understand it is saleable and there are very few of them.

Always nice to come to your room and have a seasonal treat as a welcome amenity. It could be red bean dorayaki or yuzu eclairs.

I spend days at this property and never get bored of the F&B. Shaun Keenan is a Hyatt veteran and one of the most caring and talented chefs in the whole company. It isn't all about dollars and cents in his kitchen. Always very accommodating.

Last edited by Aventine; Nov 13, 2018 at 12:13 am
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
The Park-daz in Tokyo never fails to impress me. It was very nice under Arnaud but I think Ross Cooper has taken the properties to even greater heights.

There's an immense sense of place with bits of the hotel decor, amenities, events and works honoring Japanese tradition and culture. It's done tastefully without being too in your face or obnoxious.

Globalist treatment

Any stay issues (rare) are handled with empathy and efficiency.

My room is always prepared the way I like it and any packages are carefully stacked in the entry way. They remember my preferences better than a lot of Park Hyatts.

I've always had their Andaz Large room with the tower view. Been fortunate to have their spacious suite on several occasions but I understand it is saleable and there are very few of them.

Always nice to come to your room and have a seasonal treat as a welcome amenity. It could be red bean dorayaki or yuzu eclairs.

I spend days at this property and never get bored of the F&B. Shaun Keenan is a Hyatt veteran and one of the most caring and talented chefs in the whole company. It isn't all about dollars and cents in his kitchen. Always very accommodating.
I'm sold next time in Tokyo I will break my tradition of Grand Hyatt and give it the college try
Any chance we will see the Andaz New York properties in the near future make the list?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.