Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Knoxville / Downtown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:47 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

Hyatt Place to manage 165-room Farragut Hotel in downtown Knoxville

http://www.wbir.com/web/wbir/news/lo...ille/119223520
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Great news. Right now Hyatt has zero presence in the area.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 2:40 pm

Super exciting! After most new hotels being built far out in the western suburbs, its great to get a new hotel downtown. So happy to have any Hyatt hotel in Knoxville. They haven't had a presence there for about 15 years.
Old May 14, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Any recent stays? Hoping simply for a clean hotel for an overnight stay. Nothing too fancy. Elite recognition a plus.
Old May 14, 2021, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Stayed recently. Valet or self, glob parking honored. Expecting a HP, was quite pleasantly surprised by the professional, friendly staff and nice decor. Lobby was huge by HP standards. Upgraded to a 1 BR suite at check in. Pictures on hyatt.com were indicative of the high ceiling living room. Wet bar, fridge, dining table for 4-6. HP furniture for the most part. Perhaps they missed the Centric brand; felt quite like it.
Noise - room located on the back would be better. The 1BR suite was located on the back. Elevator was slow, so the 2nd floor location was a plus. Was quite happy with the room.

Rooftop bar - Go for the views.
Breakfast bar was a nicer version of the grab and go HP standard these days. More selection than usual.

I don't know why they didn't brand it a Centric or similar. Staffing level that I saw was more in line with a full service than a limited service property. Odd indeed.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 7:07 am

Thank you. I will stay soon and give a new report. This is so encouraging to hear.
Old May 18, 2021, 7:41 pm

Question among those who have stayed here....

I will be traveling alone with our dog... He is a shelter animal, he does okay, but will certainly be a little on the nervous side at first.

How easy is it to navigate the valet parking there? I want to make sure it isn’t too onerous to get him into the check-in area and then into our room. I’ll just be staying for some quick overnight stays, so I won’t have too much luggage with me, and won’t need a luggage rack.
Old May 18, 2021, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
HP Knoxville is in an old building downtown. Valet parking is just outside the front entrance and check in is close to the entrance as well. It should be fairly straight forward.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 5:40 pm

Location is fantastic downtown - we hoofed it to multiple restaurants over the weekend. Good noise isolation in base(?) room, even on Halloween/football weekend.

Staff is great from the minimal interaction I've had with them. Friendly valet team and generally fast, even when asking them to pull multiple cars each time.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 7:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Stayed a month or so ago, slight issue with the AC not working the first night but they quickly moved rooms for me and credited points for the first night. Great GM and management staff, hotel is in a great location and well worth the stay.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
I stay here regularly and like it. The lobby is much nicer than I’d expect from an HP. The rooms are fine, and the location is great. Breakfast is better than average, too. Only problem I have is that it’s hard to get them to do daily housekeeping. I think they are short handed. That said, I do recommend it.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Stayed here last week. It is in a great location and is built out a touch nicer than your typical HP.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 6:20 am

Trying to book at Hyatt Place Knoxville in September and I’m seeing something weird. If I book Mon-Thurs the member rate has the normal 2 day cancellation policy. If I include Sunday then the cancellation policy switches to 30 days. I stay here regularly and have never seen this before. My first thought was that it is football-related, but the stay is starting Sep 11, and they’ve got Austin peay that weekend. The following weekend is Florida, and that Sunday has the normal 2 day cancellation.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 7:08 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by murphy
Trying to book at Hyatt Place Knoxville in September and I’m seeing something weird. If I book Mon-Thurs the member rate has the normal 2 day cancellation policy. If I include Sunday then the cancellation policy switches to 30 days. I stay here regularly and have never seen this before. My first thought was that it is football-related, but the stay is starting Sep 11, and they’ve got Austin peay that weekend. The following weekend is Florida, and that Sunday has the normal 2 day cancellation.
weird, is it 30 days as well if you only do Sunday?
Old Jul 29, 2023, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
weird, is it 30 days as well if you only do Sunday?
Yes, a one day booking for Sunday gets the 30 days. I’ve written to my concierge to see if she help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.