Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Vienna Am Belvedere REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:26 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

SIGNA and Hyatt annouce plans for an ANdAZ hotel in Vienna, slated to open in 2019:

http://www.incentivetravel.co.uk/new...otel-in-vienna
Old Mar 16, 2016, 11:33 am

Interesting. I really enjoyed the PH VIE, and found it a great location, price, point cost, breakfast, etc. Overall a great property, so I am not sure where the Andaz would fit in there, unless it is going to alter the price/point matrix for the PH, likely making it less of a good value.

Now Hyatt...for gods sake...how about something in Madrid? Rome? Athens? Prague? Budapest? Of course, given Hyatt's track record, I suppose when and if they ever do open a property in say, Madrid, they will then follow it up with 3 more in Madrid.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:50 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I agree - I don't really understand the strategy of Hyatt here. According to me, they should put emphasis on expanding their foot print to more cities, in stead of adding more hotels to an already existing Hyatt City...

also... both Madrid and Budapest used to have Hyatt hotels... unfortunately gone.

Heard of a Hyatt in Barcelona about 2 years ago... but not seen any further announcements/communications.

Their website "Hyatt Development" does not seem to be maintained either...

http://www.hyattdevelopment.com/curr...by_region.html

Last edited by 59Impala; Mar 18, 2016 at 1:33 am
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:41 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

This hotel still seems to be on the radar

Andaz Am Belvedere Vienna
This hotel will be located next to the Belvedere Palace and opposite Vienna's Schweizergarten

taken from this news article:
https://www.4hoteliers.com/news/story/17760
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Instead of a second Hyatt in Vienna, with both being fairly upscale, why not MUNICH or Barcelona or Madrid or Lisbon or.....?????
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:57 pm

Andaz Munich already underway i think and Madrid centric opening in March.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
WHY!? Park Hyatt Vienna is great and fairly reasonable. Go north ! Need a Stockholm Hyatt for all the deals out of ARN.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:50 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

There's a webpage now. Opening scheduled for 2019.

https://viennaambelvedere.andaz.hyat...otel/home.html
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:01 pm

Yeah I do not see myself going away from the PH. I love the PH Vienna...one of my favorite Hyatts in the entire chain.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:36 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Originally Posted by antonius66
Yeah I do not see myself going away from the PH. I love the PH Vienna...one of my favorite Hyatts in the entire chain.
yes, probably me too. Location of the PH is much better as well. Right in the old part of town.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:37 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Website is up: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/au...elvedere/vieaz
scheduled to open in April 2019
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
A bit far away from where I like to stay. Definitely agree that the Park Hyatt has a much better location.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Nice to have another option. Will consider once the Inter-Continental is gone for teardown and new build, till then our corp rate just too good to stay anywhere else.

Also if those prices they are calling now stick (400€ for entry level room) then this won't stay a Cat 3 property for long.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Andaz Vienna now taking reservations May 15 onward. Rates start at 185e. Category 3 so just 12,000 points and Chase free nights are available. It's near the Central Train Station but is this a good area to stay in Vienna?
Football Fan likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 11:07 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster

Andaz open as of April 30, 2019

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123835

CHICAGO (May 6, 2019) – Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) announced today that Andaz Vienna Am Belvedere opened on 30 April 2019, marking the Andaz brand’s entry into Austria. Located in the new Quartier Belvedere, the property is the fourth Andaz branded hotel in Europe, joining Andaz London Liverpool Street, Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht and the recently opened Andaz Munich Schwabinger Tor.

Launched in 2007 and designed to stimulate the senses through distinctively local experiences, the Andaz brand continues to grow with intent across the world. Andaz Vienna Am Belvedere is inspired by Austria’s grand historic personality and the man behind the iconic Belvedere Palace, Prince Eugene of Savoy. Showcasing contemporary art and design, the hotel will offer every guest a unique experience by immersing them into the local Viennese culture.

• Andaz Vienna Am Belvedere Skybar Terrace

• Andaz Vienna Am Belvedere Exterior Plaza

• Andaz Vienna Am Belvedere Guestroom
“We are thrilled to welcome curious travelers to our hotel and to this beautiful city, known for its high quality of life, imperial palaces and exceptional art,” said Gözde Eren, general manager of Andaz Vienna Am Belvedere. “The property offers a new type of luxury accommodation for guests who seek to satiate their curiosity, delivering unforgettable, immersive Austrian experiences that allow you to feel like a local.”

The hotel’s location offers easy access to historical landmarks, including the Belvedere Palace and the Botanical Gardens. Only a short walk away from Vienna’s main train station, guests can create their own unique adventures by exploring the new city district Quartier Belvedere and its peaceful green surroundings.

Design
Renowned architect Renzo Piano and interior designers Claudio Carbone and Gabriel Kacerovsky collaborated on the project, which incorporates the art and design of Austria’s capital city throughout the hotel. They also drew inspiration from Prince Eugene of Savoy, one of the leading developers and art collectors of his time. As a result, Viennese art and a twist on local culture are found throughout the property, from the decorations in each guestroom to the dishes served in the restaurant.

The hotel is comprised of two separate buildings connected by interwoven bridges, sharing a spacious lobby lounge on the ground floor. Integrating exquisite design, irresistible cuisine and spectacular art, Andaz Vienna Am Belvedere immerses guests in the history and allure of Vienna.

Guestrooms
The hotel offers 303 luxurious, urban guestrooms, including 44 suites. Continuing with inspiration from Prince Eugene of Savoy, each guestroom includes creative modern interiors, with an infusion of local and artistic details. The floor-to-ceiling windows in each room ensure that guests can enjoy the stunning views of Quartier Belvedere in the city center or the nearby Belvedere Palace, historically known as the summer residence of Prince Eugene and is now a popular tourist attraction for art aficionados. Each guestroom was designed with sustainability practices in mind, using less plastic and replacing it with more environmentally friendly materials like leather and paper. The bathroom amenities are provided by Saint Charles Pharmacy, high quality products developed from the teachings of traditional European medicine.

Drinking and Dining
Eugen21, a contemporary Austrian tavern, combines classic and modern cuisine. A variety of past and present traditions provide guests with an insight into how Prince Eugene would live and dine, with a 21st century twist. The cocktail menu perfectly combines an Austrian-European wine list and traditional cocktails and beers with consciously sourced ingredients.

Inspired by the Northern Lights, Andaz Vienna Am Belvedere’s rooftop bar Aurora features an exceptional Scandinavian-inspired cocktail menu with delicious bar snacks. Located on the 16th floor, the Nordic designed bar offers stunning views of Vienna which guests can enjoy while snuggling next to the open fire pit or listening to DJs late into the evening.

Cyclist is the perfect meet-up location for health-conscious guests, locals looking for a relaxing urban space or for those on the go. The eatery offers sandwiches, salads and hearty dishes perfectly complemented by a variety of specialty coffees such as Viennese Melange, all with the option to carry on your way out of the hotel. Like many touches throughout the hotel, Cyclist focuses on regionalism and sustainability in packaging and products. As such, Cyclist serves a single estate coffee bean specially made for the eatery from the micro-roasting coffee maker Röstwerkstatt.

Social Spaces
Andaz Vienna Am Belvedere is home to three creative studios, each filled with natural daylight, perfect for small intimate occasions. Additionally, the hotel is home to a spectacular 7,588 square foot (705 square meter) ballroom with a modern lighting system that can project various color options onto the ceiling. There is also 2,604 square feet (242 square meters) of meeting and event space, which offers the latest technology to ensure a successful event or meeting.

Wellness
Travelers looking to be pampered can spend the day relaxing in the hotel’s exclusive health and wellness area. Complete with an array of treatments and amenities, every guest will leave feeling fully rejuvenated. Guests wanting to stay active can train at the fully equipped, state-of-the-art fitness center, ready for gym-goers of every level.

World of Hyatt Gives Members 500 Reasons to Stay Somewhere New
To provide World of Hyatt members even more ways to be rewarded, World of Hyatt is offering members the opportunity to earn 500 Bonus Points for qualifying nights at Andaz Vienna Am Belvedere from May 15 – August 31, 2019, part of World of Hyatt’s new hotel member offer. Additional participating hotels and their offer stay periods can be found at worldofhyatt.com/newhotelbonus. No registration is required and members can earn on top of other offers.

The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.