Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Applied DSU to a C+P without points, is this an error?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

I was able to use my two remaining DSUs to a future stays without enough points in my account.

Currently I have 10,000 points but needed 50,000 points to do a C+P in November, so I called GP and asked the agent if I could book C+P without out points and apply the DSU. She said as a Diamond member, she can do that.

I got confirmation for the two dates and email shows Park Suite for the selected dates. She reminded me I should have the points in my account by November 1st. (stay is late Nov during Thanksgiving).

My questions is...

Is this a known practice? Was this done by error? The agent said, let's try it and it went through.

If it's an error I would rather transfer UR points and have the points in my account and not waste my two DSUs that will expire after tomorrow.

(If this is legit, I would rather not transfer my precious UR points and get points through future stays and Hyatt credit card spends).
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:39 pm

It's not an error. It's a courtesy booking [hold] for re Diamond members.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:41 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

It could be an error. I tried booking a C+P+DSU without enough points and the agent booked me something, but it actually ended up being revenue rate plush points suite upgrade. I reached out to the rep here who told me

"Points + cash rates require the points value to be in the account, however, standard points options and suite upgrades do not"

So, double check because I was unable to do so (but the phone rep booked me something else mistakenly).

Fdw
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
It's not an error. It's a courtesy booking [hold] for re Diamond members.
They stopped doing this last year. Would be nice if they've started doing so again.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:16 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hailstorm
They stopped doing this last year. Would be nice if they've started doing so again.
They still do courtesy holds for full points bookings. I've done this as recently as January. I've found the best success again via the concierge here.

Fdw
Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nowstime
I was able to use my two remaining DSUs to a future stays without enough points in my account.

Currently I have 10,000 points but needed 50,000 points to do a C+P in November, so I called GP and asked the agent if I could book C+P without out points and apply the DSU. She said as a Diamond member, she can do that.
Just called in to ask about this, but was told that that wasn't possible. Guess you got through to a really nice agent!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: contacted Twitter Hyatt Concierge, and they said that Diamonds can indeed book P+C and full points awards ahead of actually earning the points.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update 2: When I actually tried to do this, was told by a second person that that courtesy extended only to full point reservations, not P+C.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:00 am

Just another data point. I booked a C+P stay for the fall tonight and applied my last 2015 DSU. Didn't have enough points (would've transferred in from UR), but agent proactively offered that I could make the reservations as a Diamond without the points.

I pressed "our you sure, I thought that was just pure point stays..", to which he assured me it could be done. I have an email confirmation of it all and verified it's all in order, so it can be done...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.