Wiki Posts
Search

No microwave at Hyatt Place?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
No microwave at Hyatt Place?

I have to admit I don't usually stay at "limited services" Hyatt hotels, such as Hyatt Place or Hyatt House. But my recent stay at HP IAD east really surprises me as there is not a microwave in the room. This is rather inconvenient as HP does not have an onsite restaurant so I have to order food deliveries. Without microwave it is impossible to reheat my food. Other limited services brands I have stayed before, including HIX, Residence Inn, Homewood Suites etc, all have microwaves. Hyatt should really improves this.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's food service in the lobby bar. The staff area there has a microwave IME but it's not for the use of guests.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Some of them have installed a microwVe in the breakfast dining area as a response to client requests.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
Some of them have installed a microwVe in the breakfast dining area as a response to client requests.
Are they meant to be used with outside food?

I know some similar hotel chains, such as Four Points by Sheraton and IIRC aloft, that seem to provide the microwave for items purchased in their pantry.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
They let me use it at the Saratoga Hyatt place outside Albany to heat outside food. I don't see a reason why they would not unless the guest abuse it (i.e., cook whole egg).

Does not hurt to ask the front desk before using it or asking for one.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are they meant to be used with outside food?

I know some similar hotel chains, such as Four Points by Sheraton and IIRC aloft, that seem to provide the microwave for items purchased in their pantry.

Maybe some states have more strict health code, i.e. no outside food in hotel owned microwave?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:12 pm

To me, it sounds potentially messy, plus depending on the food, it could stink up the lobby.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:47 pm

Of the eighty or so Hyatt Places I've visited, no microwaves in the room at any (even the grand suites in Charlotte). I've always been allowed to use the microwave in the common area (breakfast area).
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:14 pm

I'm staying at a Hyatt place right now as we speak and can confirm that while there's no microwaves in the individual rooms, there is one in the breakfast area that accessible for any guest.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:30 am

Hyatt Place is my favorite of the lower-end hotels, but this drives me crazy every time I stay at one. Almost all of them have a fridge, but I've yet to find one with a microwave. I just don't understand it - that's just barely better than not having wifi. It's a very basic amenity, with very little upfront (and practically no long-term) cost to the hotel.

Even if there is one downstairs (which there often isn't), there's very few things that ruin a night in more than having to go out, go downstairs, awkwardly interact with staff, and hope your food reheated correctly. And let's face it - at the end of the day, you're often not fully dressed anymore, so add that to the list of tasks you have to do just to use a $40 microwave.

The fact that this thread made the front page of the largest frequent traveler website in the world (with the title "How Could Hyatt NOT Put This in Their Rooms?") should be evidence enough that it's way past time for Hyatt to get these in every room.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Stayed in a Hyatt Place 5 years ago and was shocked about the absence of a microwave. I asked them and they said that it's the brand standard that they don't have one in each room. Marriott's Springhill Suites have them so I pick them over Hyatt Place although I love their beds.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: HGP
IME, most HP's will let you use the microwave in the breakfast area.
The HP Phoenix-Mesa now has microwaves in the room. ^ They started having these about 1-2 months ago.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Hyatt Place Dulles East has a microwave in the breakfast area outside of breakfast hours for guest use.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I agree about the lack of a microwave in Hyatt Place rooms, based on what the niche is for the hotel it really seems like it should have them in the rooms (especially considering the typical price range). Maybe its because I have spent so much time in Hilton properties but considering a Hyatt Place is the equivalent of a Hilton Garden Inn which has microwaves in addition to fridges (and most Hamptons do as well).
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Miesque
I agree about the lack of a microwave in Hyatt Place rooms, based on what the niche is for the hotel it really seems like it should have them in the rooms (especially considering the typical price range). Maybe its because I have spent so much time in Hilton properties but considering a Hyatt Place is the equivalent of a Hilton Garden Inn which has microwaves in addition to fridges (and most Hamptons do as well).
I dont know....

I think the Hyatt House product is meant for that segment vs. Hyatt Place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.