Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Palm Springs (now Feb 2025, maybe)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thompson Palm Springs (now Feb 2025, maybe)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:10 pm

Anyone get rebooked to the Hyatt PS yet?
What’s a comparable alternative? Indian Wells?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:47 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by myperks
Anyone get rebooked to the Hyatt PS yet?
What’s a comparable alternative? Indian Wells?
The issue with that is really where you want to be and what you’re planning on doing, and how much you’re willing to drive around. Personally, as someone who goes to PS every year, I’d cancel the trip over having to stay in Indian Wells.
myperks likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Based on the history and the known alternatives, if you book a stay here, IMO you shouldn't expect anything - not a room, nor a suitable rebooking. It's a total caveat emptor situation. If you don't have your own back-up booked, that's just unrealistic planning.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Based on the history and the known alternatives, if you book a stay here, IMO you shouldn't expect anything - not a room, nor a suitable rebooking. It's a total caveat emptor situation. If you don't have your own back-up booked, that's just unrealistic planning.
haven’t booked at a “soon to be open” Hyatt property in some time. Have backed up res at the Triada. Normally don’t stay in Palm Springs proper but have some family gatherings in town.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
They have began contacting people to change booking, suggesting relocating to the Hyatt PS. I expressed my opinion that the hotel is a dump. Nonetheless, they shifted my reservation to November while maintaining the original rate. However, they have now incorporated a destination fee into the booking.

So now the website says “Now accepting reservations for stays from September 30, 2024, and beyond.”

RESORT FEE

A daily resort fee of $49 (subject to change) is applied to each room of your stay in order to provide the following services, amenities, and partner discounts and perks that enhance the guest experience. Please contact the hotel directly for more information.
  • Valet Parking (Covered)
  • Welcome Beverage
  • Morning Coffee and Tea
  • House Car drop off within 3 miles radius
  • In-room Eco-friendly water bottle
  • Electrical Vehicle Stations
  • 24-hour Text Messaging Concierge Service
  • Outdoor Yoga Classes
  • Buy "One get One free" ticket to the Palm Springs Museum
  • 15% off BMW Performance Driving School at Thermal
  • 15% off local favorite, BRANDINI Toffee and Ice Cream at storefront
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
They have began contacting people to change booking, suggesting relocating to the Hyatt PS. I expressed my opinion that the hotel is a dump. [...]
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:41 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
So now the website says “Now accepting reservations for stays from September 30, 2024, and beyond.”
At this point I suspect the goal is to get part of the hotel open as soon as they can; but part of the complex is clearly going to remain under construction well into 2025.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Funnily enough, while I was having a beer out front at Las Palmas Brewing this afternoon, there was an even stronger wifi signal from an @Hyatt_WiFi SSID than the brewery's own wifi. It _is_ kinda across the street and diagonal from the construction site I think? Certainly too far away from the HR which in any case the WiFi there is Hyatt PS.

59Impala and CoffeeTraveler like this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Seeing September 5, 2024 now.
59Impala likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 2:52 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Andaz Palm Springs opening soon 😜🙃🤪
As they say don’t hold your breath for any proposed opening date
At least when they do open the Kimpton may come down to reality check pricing
gadberry likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 7:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I walked by the hotel last week and it looks almost ready to me. I can see lights on in the guest rooms as outdoor furniture in the balcony.
TravisMT81 and ronbo83 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.