Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:31 pm

have never used points, but...

I have no points yet. Want to get no annual fee card for 40,000 points ...maybe. Trying to get a night in Reykjavik. Website says 40,000 for one person, but 84,000 for 2 people. Really? This is a level 7 hotel. Is this typical for Hyatt? I know there is a $95 fee and 2 free night, and I might do that, but I am looking for comments on how to get a room for 40,000 points for 2 people
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by elabut
I have no points yet. Want to get no annual fee card for 40,000 points ...maybe. Trying to get a night in Reykjavik. Website says 40,000 for one person, but 84,000 for 2 people. Really? This is a level 7 hotel. Is this typical for Hyatt? I know there is a $95 fee and 2 free night, and I might do that, but I am looking for comments on how to get a room for 40,000 points for 2 people
Wrong forum. You are looking at a Hilton hotel and the Hilton credit card.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885
Wrong forum. You are looking at a Hilton hotel and the Hilton credit card.
Thanks! talk about a newbie

Last edited by elabut; Feb 10, 2016 at 5:50 pm Reason: left out 'thanks'
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
Are the Advance payment rates on Hyatt.com always charged in local currency or is it possible to choose to be billed in euros? (There's a huuuge difference when using my Finnish Amex if the payment is charged in other currency than Euro or USD...)
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
How easy to book 3 nights, use free anniversary night for 1 of them and use cash & points for the other 2 nights? If you can see the availability on the website for 3 nights, does it just take a call to do it?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:27 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by mhdena
How easy to book 3 nights, use free anniversary night for 1 of them and use cash & points for the other 2 nights? If you can see the availability on the website for 3 nights, does it just take a call to do it?
All those nights should be bookable online. Under points and awards for redemption options, you should see the options for P+C and Promotional Award. You'll need two separate reservations, which the hotel will then combine.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I realize this is pretty advanced planning, but I'm looking at making a reservation in March 2017 and no award options are available other than a club upgrade cash and points rate. Is this normal as the date is so far away or should it still be showing redemption options?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by svo242
I realize this is pretty advanced planning, but I'm looking at making a reservation in March 2017 and no award options are available other than a club upgrade cash and points rate. Is this normal as the date is so far away or should it still be showing redemption options?
Its not very clear what you mean, no standard full points award available while the other (club upgrade and p+c?) are?

If a base room is available for cash a full points award should be as well. If it's not, call....
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Diamond Suite Upgrades

Fellow FTers -

I am a newly minted Diamond and was wondering how the Suite Upgrades work. I know that it is for a maximum of 7 nights. What if I book a stay of 10 consecutive nights? Does this mean that I would need to redeem 2 suite upgrades or will I not be able to redeem these upgrades at all? Thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You would have to redeem two upgrades.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Mary2e
You would have to redeem two upgrades.
OK, thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I’d appreciate some advice and/or suggestions. Current Gold Passport Diamond, didn’t requalify, should be Platinum as of March 1st. Have a reservation for London Churchill, 3 nights in April, one paid night, 2 freebies by way of initial credit card awards. Would very much like to have lounge access for all 3 nights. Paid night is currently at a discounted rate, I’d be content to pay the Hyatt Daily Rate if I could then use 3,000 points per night for lounge access, but my understanding is that I cannot upgrade the 2 free nights. Any suggestions for using the Free Night awards and also getting lounge access for all 3 nights as a Platinum? Thanks very much. (BTW, thank you to FT, without this site I don't think I'd be getting 2 free $350-$400 hotel nights for the time it took to complete a credit card application!)
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:13 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
I’d appreciate some advice and/or suggestions. Current Gold Passport Diamond, didn’t requalify, should be Platinum as of March 1st. Have a reservation for London Churchill, 3 nights in April, one paid night, 2 freebies by way of initial credit card awards. Would very much like to have lounge access for all 3 nights. Paid night is currently at a discounted rate, I’d be content to pay the Hyatt Daily Rate if I could then use 3,000 points per night for lounge access, but my understanding is that I cannot upgrade the 2 free nights. Any suggestions for using the Free Night awards and also getting lounge access for all 3 nights as a Platinum? Thanks very much. (BTW, thank you to FT, without this site I don't think I'd be getting 2 free $350-$400 hotel nights for the time it took to complete a credit card application!)
Contact property directly to see what the cash copayment might be for your stay.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 12:14 pm

Can I do a BRG and use a DSU for a stay? If so, would the BRG have to be confirmed before applying the DSU?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by billcard
Can I do a BRG and use a DSU for a stay? If so, would the BRG have to be confirmed before applying the DSU?
yes. brg would be an "eligible" rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.