Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Dreaded and Despised Resort Fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Dreaded and Despised Resort Fee

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
If you are a Noir and not getting the resort fee waived, you are dealing with the wrong person. I have never paid a resort fee as a Noir.
I'm just saying that it's not listed as a benefit for Noir (Unlike Caesars and Hyatt where it's explicitly listed as a benefit). As Noir I'd imagine that people would generally get their whole room comped because of $$ spent gambling.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
If you are a Noir and not getting the resort fee waived, you are dealing with the wrong person. I have never paid a resort fee as a Noir.
Originally Posted by jameswes
I'm just saying that it's not listed as a benefit for Noir (Unlike Caesars and Hyatt where it's explicitly listed as a benefit). As Noir I'd imagine that people would generally get their whole room comped because of $$ spent gambling.
That's correct. Noir doesn't get resort fees waived. Now, most FDA may waive it as a courtesy as they can't tell in their system if a member achieved Noir by gambling, spend, or tier matched from Hyatt. Even as a Plat, I've been lucky to get resort fees waived, even on non-comp stays if I ask nicely. But waived resort fees is not a benefit for any of the MLIFE tiers, even Noir.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 2:55 pm

Does anyone know if resort fees (particularly at MGM properties) earn WoH points? Is this considered just like any other part of the room rate from that perspective? With the upcoming Q4 promo indicating that MGM properties (at least some of them) will earn 4x points, I am thinking about a Vegas mattress run.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Boston Elite
Does anyone know if resort fees (particularly at MGM properties) earn WoH points? Is this considered just like any other part of the room rate from that perspective? With the upcoming Q4 promo indicating that MGM properties (at least some of them) will earn 4x points, I am thinking about a Vegas mattress run.
My most recent MGM stay: Booked through hyatt.com. Earned points on room rate + resort fee. Not earned on tax.
Boston Elite likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.