Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lake Washington at Seattle's Southport - Opening 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 2:43 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

The 12-story Hyatt Regency Lake Washington at Seattle’s Southport is situated on a 5.5-acre lakefront site on Lake Washington. Capturing the beauty of the Puget Sound region, the hotel’s design will offer panoramic views of Downtown Seattle, the Olympic Mountains, Mt. Rainier, and Lake Washington. Another design feature that is part of the destination’s story is the hotel’s 12-floor design, in honor of the Seattle Seahawk’s 12th Man, the 12s, which is the given name for the team’s loyal fans.

Last edited by Gold Passport Concierge; Sep 15, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Old Sep 15, 2015, 5:10 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
The 12-story Hyatt Regency Lake Washington at Seattle’s Southport is situated on a 5.5-acre lakefront site on Lake Washington. Capturing the beauty of the Puget Sound region, the hotel’s design will offer panoramic views of Downtown Seattle, the Olympic Mountains, Mt. Rainier, and Lake Washington. Another design feature that is part of the destination’s story is the hotel’s 12-floor design, in honor of the Seattle Seahawk’s 12th Man, the 12s, which is the given name for the team’s loyal fans.
Doesn't show up in a search on Washington state on hyatt.com.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Doesn't show up in a search on Washington state on hyatt.com.
Not scheduled to open until 2017.

Here's some more info:

http://425business.com/hyatt-regency...ons-southport/
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
From the article:
"The 12-story hotel is under construction just 2.5 miles from the Seattle Seahawks’ Virginia Mason Athletic Center and 9 miles from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. It will be the closest four-star hotel to Sea-Tac and will feature nearly 350 rooms, 43,000 square feet of conference space, a spa, a lakefront restaurant and bar, and a rooftop terrace."
I transit through SEA on a fairly regular basis, and wish the new Hyatt would be 2.5 miles from the airport and 9 miles from the sports stadium.

IMO, one of the things Seattle could use is a Hyatt-branded property closer to Sea-Tac. The Hyatt at Olive 8, Grand Hyatt and the Hyatt on the Eastside are nice - but they aren't much use to someone overnighting near the airport in between flights.

Last edited by AKCuisine; Sep 16, 2015 at 9:09 am Reason: indenting
Old Sep 16, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
Great!

Now can Seattle get an Andaz or Park?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
IMO, one of the things Seattle could use is a Hyatt-branded property closer to Sea-Tac. The Hyatt at Olive 8, Grand Hyatt and the Hyatt on the Eastside are nice - but they aren't much use to someone overnighting near the airport in between flights.
I agree maybe a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House unless this HR plans on having a free shuttle service.

Nice addition though. I don't have to drive all the way up to Seattle or the Eastside from my area.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I agree maybe a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House unless this HR plans on having a free shuttle service.

Nice addition though. I don't have to drive all the way up to Seattle or the Eastside from my area.
There was a plan for a HP in Seatac but I don't know if it's still happening after Seatac passed the $15 min wage proposition.
http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/news/2013/03/05/new-hyatt-place-hotel-planned-for-seatac.html
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
From the article:
"The 12-story hotel is under construction just 2.5 miles from the Seattle Seahawks’ Virginia Mason Athletic Center and 9 miles from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. It will be the closest four-star hotel to Sea-Tac and will feature nearly 350 rooms, 43,000 square feet of conference space, a spa, a lakefront restaurant and bar, and a rooftop terrace."
I transit through SEA on a fairly regular basis, and wish the new Hyatt would be 2.5 miles from the airport and 9 miles from the sports stadium.

I just use the light rail and stay downtown Seattle for a quick in/out. Ok, its a 45 minute commute but it is easy and painless. I don't like airport hotels in general.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:29 pm

Just a heads up, this is near the Seahawks training facility (kind of), but no where near the stadium where the Seahawks play their games.

I am guessing they will have a shuttle to Seatac airport.

I'm not really sure who this hotel will be targeted to. Maybe people in town to do business with Boeing that want a view of the lake?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by dakid23
Great!

Now can Seattle get an Andaz or Park?
Oh man, that would be AMAZING.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:35 pm

Since the hawks stay at the HR Bellevue pre game day (for home games of course)wonder if they will switch to this place
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I'd be much more excited about this if the property was closer to the light rail line!
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cmanc
Since the hawks stay at the HR Bellevue pre game day (for home games of course)wonder if they will switch to this place
Do they really? Never knew that. Surprised they don't stay at the GH SEA.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Delta Plat, AA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold

This isn't close to downtown (25 mins). More catering to Boeing in Renton or Bellevue offices.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Taking reservations for July 14 and beyond. No C + P availability.

Anyone seen any recent reports, or have any intel? I'm surprised I haven't seen more hype about this opening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.