Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Hyatt in Dubai?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Which Hyatt in Dubai?

Plan on some business travel to Dubai. Any recommendation between the Park Hyatt, Hyatt Regency Galleria, or the newer Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights? Want to stay at the Grand Hyatt but that is booked during my travel dates.

Appreciate the recommendations!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:05 am

Plenty of threads on that topic already.
Depends where you are doing business, IFC/Downtown Burj area is not well covered by Hyatt (yet), indeed Grand Hyatt or the Regencies might be your best bet.
Stay at Park Hyatt if you need some R&R after meetings.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:10 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Don't stay at the old HR (Galleria) if you have any meetings south of the creek - it doesn't look far on the map, but that last mile and half from the creek can take 30/40 minutes when the traffic is bad...
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:27 am
Original Poster

thanks for that advice, my meetings are at the Al Gurg tower, would it be too much of a taxi ride to stay at Park Hyatt ? That one seems to be the closest.

I guess I could stay at the Hilton Dubai Creek (I am also Diamond with HH) but i have found that Hyatt treats me much better than Hilton.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
thanks for that advice, my meetings are at the Al Gurg tower, would it be too much of a taxi ride to stay at Park Hyatt ? That one seems to be the closest.
If your budget covers the Park Hyatt, that's definitely the way forward. Unless you wanted a lounge, in which case you're out of luck - the Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek would be my choice then. I find the GH is comparatively dated and the new HR is much better value for money.

The taxi will take a matter of minutes between the PH and the Al Gurg Tower - so long as you're going between places along the creek, the distances are pretty short.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
If your budget covers the Park Hyatt, that's definitely the way forward. Unless you wanted a lounge, in which case you're out of luck - the Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek would be my choice then. I find the GH is comparatively dated and the new HR is much better value for money.

The taxi will take a matter of minutes between the PH and the Al Gurg Tower - so long as you're going between places along the creek, the distances are pretty short.
Thanks for that advice, yes my budget does cover the Park Hyatt, will be there a week, is it worth it? I do love a good club/lounge but not sure if the lounges in the Hyatt Regency's or the Hilton Dubai are nice enough for me to care. PH does look pretty amazing.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Park Hyatt is a solid choice. Have stayed there many times and have always been treated well/enjoyed our stay. Breakfast is lovely as well.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'd take Park Hyatt Dubai over all of the other Hyatts. Simply a gorgeous property and one of the finer Parks in the world.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Any recent feedback on Hyatt properties in Dubai?
It is one of the few places where US citizens are allowed (after PCR testing) those days.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by zip10001
Any recent feedback on Hyatt properties in Dubai?
It is one of the few places where US citizens are allowed (after PCR testing) those days.
Park Hyatt Dubai has been a hidden gem for many years. I haven’t stayed there in 2 years but have an upcoming stay in March. They have recently added a lagoon beach pool that I hear is pretty nice.
CodeAdam10 and zip10001 like this.
Old May 20, 2021, 1:10 am

Which hyatt has the best globalist recognition aka suite upgrades,?
Old May 20, 2021, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Ijones027
Which hyatt has the best globalist recognition aka suite upgrades,?
GH or PH. Globalist recognition is always strong at both of them.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:03 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Best choice for Hyatt in Dubai

I'm headed to Dubai this month. I have not been there before and I am looking for feedback on which hyatt to select. I am currently a discoverist in terms of status. I am going to attempt to sign up for the status challenge that would give me globalist but I do not know if I will be successful. I like higher end hotels but that doesn't always translate to the most luxury hotel winning out. For example in Tokyo I prefer the Andaz to the park hyatt, I will likely pay with points unless the room cost is soo low that I can't bring myself to spend points on it. What are currently the best choices out of the hyatts in Dubai? The Andaz Palm charges more points than the park hyatt. The grand hyatt seems pretty cheap but I dunno if the lounge is even open at this point.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 12:07 am

Park Hyatt is the best hotel by far, unless you need to be further down south of the city. Unfortunately, Hyatt doesn't have any options in locations which I consider to be good for tourists, although PH is not miles away from many of the attractions (to the extent doable in summer) and taxis and Ubers are plentiful and cheap.

I don't know your personal valuation of Hyatt points but with rates hovering around AED 600-700 at the PH, it would certainly be cash for me, particularly with the triple points offer.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 1:10 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by stargold
Park Hyatt is the best hotel by far, unless you need to be further down south of the city. Unfortunately, Hyatt doesn't have any options in locations which I consider to be good for tourists, although PH is not miles away from many of the attractions (to the extent doable in summer) and taxis and Ubers are plentiful and cheap.

I don't know your personal valuation of Hyatt points but with rates hovering around AED 600-700 at the PH, it would certainly be cash for me, particularly with the triple points offer.
I agree the return on a standard room at 20k is pitiful. Of course I could do something like a standard suite for 32k points. That room goes for $600 a night plus tax etc, so the return of 2.3 cents wouldn't be soo bad. Not sure if the room is worth that though.

Last edited by Red259; Aug 18, 2021 at 1:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.