Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Hyatt Ziva Cancun

Does anyone have information about this property? Received e-mail today about this new addition to all inclusive in Cancun. Thanks to all for your input.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by derby44
Does anyone have information about this property? Received e-mail today about this new addition to all inclusive in Cancun. Thanks to all for your input.
Doesn't appear to be open yet ....

http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Cancun
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I got the same email. Have you stayed at any of the other all inclusive properties? Its interesting in that it is coming straight from Playa Resorts and not Hyatt.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Not really - they're the ones that manage the resorts. We get a lot of spam from them after staying at another Ziva property.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
We are booked at Hyatt Zilara using points February 2016 for a 7 night stay. It seems that this property is open to families and the Zilara is adults only so at our tender retirement age we will probably keep our current reservation. Happy travels to all.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:23 pm

We are booked for the 4 nights the weekend before Christmas. We are 2 adults and 2 kids. I booked a couple days after they opened up reservations. They weren't making award nights available yet, but with 2 kids who are two young to stay in a separate room ( I was told there were no adjoining rooms) it would have been a terrible redemption anyway. Grand opening sale was pretty awesome 50% off and kids free, so it will be a great use of the Prestige 4th night free benefit. I do have a backup room booked at the Westin Lagunamar, if they follow in the footsteps of last years delayed openings. My husband and I stayed at the Zilara last year, and I am really hoping the experience will be on par but only family friendly. The Zilara was absolutely amazing. I know my kids are going to as crazy for the sweets shop, as I was for the coffee shop at the Zilara

Just a tip for anyone arriving late in the evening (like a friday night of a long weekend like us) who doesn't want to pay for the full allinclusive experience if they wont get to use anything till the next day. The Aloft Cancun is appears to be just one resort down, and has very good reviews. It's only 3,000 points a night. I figured saving several hundred dollars was worth a very short taxi or even walk down the street, especially since most AI's will let you use their facilities early even if your room isn't ready yet.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Peridot83
Grand opening sale was pretty awesome 50% off and kids free, so it will be a great use of the Prestige 4th night free benefit.
Is the kids free over? I can only find the %50 off. Was it easy to book with the Prestige 4 night free? Thx
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:00 am

The 50% off plus kids stay free, ended like the day after I booked. I wasn't even sure I could get it because while the Playa Site said it was a Ziva wide deal, the Cancun property wasn't even bookable in the Playa system yet, but you could through Hyatt. But I saw someone on here say they got Hyatt to match the deal for another Ziva, so it seemed worth it to ask the travel agent to look for that promo.

Getting the Prestige 4th night free was pretty easy but allow a couple of days for everything to be finalized. I read that if you are worried about availability you can press for a direct transfer to Carson Wagonlit, but usually you give the request to Citi, and the travel agent send you out a quote the next day. Then you just confirm everything, and they send you a copy of the reservation. I was a little afraid that the price was to good to be true, and they just forgot to add the kids to the reservation, but it lists 4 guests on my confirmation.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:18 am

I am planning a family travel to Cancun in December. Anyone has updated information about this hotel? The review from the internet is mostly (if not all) about Dreams.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Looks like they are still pushing for a Nov 15th open. I'm arriving on the 17th and fingers crossed they open on time. I was able to get a AAA rate that is actually lower than the 50% off (50% off- $290 / AAA - $261). This property is right next to the old Hyatt Regency at the top of the '7'. Also wondering if in fact they have to push back the opening date, will they just move guests to the Zilara ??

Last edited by mauld; Oct 22, 2015 at 1:50 pm
Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:30 am
Original Poster

It's the old Dreams resort. Good location. I stayed at the old Hyatt next door a few times.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 3:11 pm

Would mind sharing where you booked the room? I saw $800 per night at hyatt.com. Thanks!

Originally Posted by mauld
Looks like they are still pushing for a Nov 15th open. I'm arriving on the 17th and fingers crossed they open on time. I was able to get a AAA rate that is actually lower than the 50% off (50% off- $290 / AAA - $261). This property is right next to the old Hyatt Regency at the top of the '7'. Also wondering if in fact they have to push back the opening date, will they just move guests to the Zilara ??
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
AAA (Auto Association of America) rate on the actual Hyatt website (click the AAA button under special rates), and the 261 comes up through the end of this year. You do have to enter a AAA membership number at the time of making the reservation.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
I called and the hotel is due to open tomorrow Nov 15th. I booked on points for myself wife and daughter and was told told the points 25k would cover all 3. Normally we have to pay for our daughter ($175/day). I called and confirmed this 3 times so, i guess it's true.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by phdtomd
I called and the hotel is due to open tomorrow Nov 15th. I booked on points for myself wife and daughter and was told told the points 25k would cover all 3. Normally we have to pay for our daughter ($175/day). I called and confirmed this 3 times so, i guess it's true.
Did you ask GHP as well? This would be a very interesting development. 50K a night for 2 + 2 is just insane and why I'm avoiding Zivas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.