Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meetings Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Meetings Question

i tried searching... Nothing turned up... I tried reading the T&Cs from Hyatt.com and I'm not 100% confident... And my sales coordinator I'm dealing with isn't 100% sure on the points side of things. So please merge this if it belongs somewhere else.

I'm holding 9 events at the same property throughout Q3 of this year until Q1 of next year. It's just rooms (no catering or meeting space). I'm planning on hitting the 10 room minimum each event, but there's a chance I won't hit the 10 room requirement on 1-2 events.

Questions....
1. From what I read, it appears after 10 meetings, they give you Diamond status.... Is it an all or nothing on the 10 meetings? Or do they credit me stays/nights that would be equivalent to 25 personal stays/50 personal nights? IE... Can I re-qualify for Diamond status with a mix of personal stays and a mix of meetings? (Marriott makes it that way)

2. Since I won't hit 10 meetings in one calendar year, as required for the Diamond status, is there an easy way to hold 1-3 meetings without rooms so I can hit the 10? Can I just hold a 2 hour meeting somewhere and have it count? Is that eligible? Or do I need 10 guest rooms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.