Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport - 40% bonus on purchased points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport - 40% bonus on purchased points

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: UA 1k 1mil. Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hauteboy
Does the points purchase show as points.com or hyatt? Eg. does it earn bonus points on hyatt visa?
Anyone bought points with the hyatt visa? This would be a reason to for me to open an account.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Just used the promo to buy points for my account and my wifes account to cut the cost of PH Mallorca from 680euro per night (lowest paid rate) to around $360 per room per night. Excellent timing on the promo!
I think the charge comes up as points.com and not Hyatt.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:55 am

Had your wife literally just setup her account or had it been in place for a few days? I've just bought points for PH Mallorca too and they've not turned up in my wife's account.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by jonjparr
Had your wife literally just setup her account or had it been in place for a few days? I've just bought points for PH Mallorca too and they've not turned up in my wife's account.
I had opened her account about 1-2 days before I purchased. I was surprised to see my purchased points appear right away but then hers not for almost a day. The good news is that when I called GP to book there seems to be copious award availability-- probably since the place is just opening June 1 and I suspect many early planners in the luxury market didn't want to take a risk on opening date slipping.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Looks like another 40% bonus is underway until July 31st.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:57 am

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Yes indeed - not sure whether I should buy those points. Anyone has already performed a calculation about the breakeven point for low-end-category hotels vs. high-end-category hotels? Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tommys888
Yes indeed - not sure whether I should buy those points. Anyone has already performed a calculation about the breakeven point for low-end-category hotels vs. high-end-category hotels? Thanks!
I don't see how that would work without comparing on a per-property basis.

Here's something I did a couple years ago to give you an idea of the things to take in account:

http://www.tokyohyattfan.com/2014/11...hotel-savings/
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Buying points without having a specific booking planned is hardly ever a good deal, especially with a discount of "only" 40%.

When you don't have a specific property in mind factors like availability, cash rates at the time of booking and even possible evaluations and not being able to spend the points at all are major factors that should lower any calculations of potential savings.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:08 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Not had an e-mail yet - but if I click through to the points.com page my offer is +35% as a Plat.

Bit annoying for me as +40% would round the balance up nicely to a whole number of nights whereas +35% leaves me a little short. Ah well...
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:34 pm

I take it this is just for topping off? Why else would someone pay 1.7x?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:07 pm

Interesting. I'm a Diamond, but only a fake matched one from last november's status match. I got a 35% offer, which seems like what they're offering platinums rather than Diamonds. I'm being discriminated against!! (Jk, of course. I'm not offended, and dont really care, but thought the distinction was interesting).
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It doesn't seem to be related to Platinum/Diamond. Probably depends more on prior purchase history which bonus you're targeted for.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can triple stack to get up to 51% net bonus on purchased points:

1. 40% bonus point on purchase
2. 10% point rebate on points used (Hyatt credit card promotion)
1. 1% bonus on points purchased using Hyatt credit card

Possibly 52% if you use Chase Sapphire card and convert UR points.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:33 pm

Was offered 35% bonus. I'm currently diamond and purchased some points last round(at 30%) to top off an award redemption.

Was hoping for 40% this time since I have a few redemption in mind.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:30 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Diamond. Received a 35% offer today.

I have purchased points in the past but not in the past 2 years.

Not so rich for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.