Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium

My last two (if not more) restaurant dines have generated zero GP points, so I've given up factoring that in when deciding where to eat.

How about in-room dining -- does that consistently post across properties or is it also hit and miss?

Thanks for any info.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Mine have counted (both restaurant and in-room).
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JackE
My last two (if not more) restaurant dines have generated zero GP points, so I've given up factoring that in when deciding where to eat.

How about in-room dining -- does that consistently post across properties or is it also hit and miss?

Thanks for any info.
You should have gotten points regardless. If you have your receipts then definitely try to claim them from GP.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:53 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Thanks for any info.
In room dining implies you are actually staying at the hotel, so for the most part, you should get the points unless the food service (restaurant) is leased out - my usual example is Ruth Chris at the GH Seattle - then I don't think you'd get points since the charge is paid out to a third party. In room dining should be on the room folio anyways, so you'd earn points automatically.

Dining without staying on property - you are entitled to points unless the restaurant is leased out but as I pointed out above, many servers at many properties don't know what to do, but CS will manually post it for you if you have the receipt to prove you dined - I always keep my credit card receipt and actually write down the F&B cost pre-tax on it since I'm quite certain that I'll have to submit it. But you're right to not let earning points be a factor since most hotel restaurants aren't that great and fairly expensive for what you get since it's geared towards convenience for hotel guests.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
You should have gotten points regardless. If you have your receipts then definitely try to claim them from GP.
Sorry I wasn't clear. The dines that didn't post were part of a stay. The CHARGES had no trouble posting to my folio, LOL. I've never had a non-stay dine post, so I not only don't expect that, I'd be surprised if it did.

I recently made a reservation where I almost used the Double-Your-Points rate until I realized that I couldn't even count on getting incidental base points, much less the bonus on them.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:51 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Sorry I wasn't clear. The dines that didn't post were part of a stay. The CHARGES had no trouble posting to my folio, LOL.
What property was it, if it's a non-leased restaurant (hotel owned and operated), it could be a coding error, call CS to get the points.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by peteropny
In room dining implies you are actually staying at the hotel, so for the most part, you should get the points unless the food service (restaurant) is leased out - my usual example is Ruth Chris at the GH Seattle - then I don't think you'd get points since the charge is paid out to a third party. In room dining should be on the room folio anyways, so you'd earn points automatically.

Dining without staying on property - you are entitled to points unless the restaurant is leased out but as I pointed out above, many servers at many properties don't know what to do, but CS will manually post it for you if you have the receipt to prove you dined - I always keep my credit card receipt and actually write down the F&B cost pre-tax on it since I'm quite certain that I'll have to submit it. But you're right to not let earning points be a factor since most hotel restaurants aren't that great and fairly expensive for what you get since it's geared towards convenience for hotel guests.
Why not also ask the server for an itemized bill? IIRC you can't earn points on alcohol purchases in some states.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
What property was it, if it's a non-leased restaurant (hotel owned and operated), it could be a coding error, call CS to get the points.

As a guest, Santa Clara and Santa Rosa. As a non-guest, Santa Barbara.

Maybe they've programmed a point-block for any city with Santa.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Have you reached out to Gold Passport?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 5:25 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
You can easily look up your stay history online. For each stay, you can retrieve the details (a quick summary of the points) or the actual hotel bill. The hotel bill includes a number (in the lower left corner) for "eligible spend". Sometimes it can be confusing. For example, taxes are not eligible for points.

If you dine in the hotel's restaurant, it should earn points.

Please do contact HGP by any convenient method. It's hard to top the convenience of sending a PM to "Gold Passport Concierge" here on Flyertalk.

Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:26 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Here's the list of participating hotels where you can earn points from dining (even if you aren't a hotel guest):

http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/offers/pon-promo.jsp

FWIW, all 3 of your locations are on the list. You should receive points for dining ... whether or not you're a hotel guest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.