Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

No Globalist Breakfast Benefit…But Room Service Offered (Hyatt Saipan)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2021, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador

In emailing with the Hyatt Saipan the other day, I was told that they’re giving Globalists 500 points for breakfast. The club lounge is closed. However, I was told that there is room service available for breakfast. They offer 15% off for breakfasts billed to the room. Do Hyatt rules allow them to just give the 500 points or do they have to comp a room service breakfast that’s offered at the hotel?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by dparkinson
In emailing with the Hyatt Saipan the other day, I was told that they’re giving Globalists 500 points for breakfast. The club lounge is closed. However, I was told that there is room service available for breakfast. They offer 15% off for breakfasts billed to the room. Do Hyatt rules allow them to just give the 500 points or do they have to comp a room service breakfast that’s offered at the hotel?
That’s pretty ridiculous.
MarkOK likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Hyatt’s policies explicitly exclude comping room service breakfast so you’re SOL there. While some go above and beyond and do allow it, it definitely is not something Hyatt would pressure a hotel to do.

In checking their rate plans I don’t see any breakfast inclusive rates meaning you can’t use those rates as leverage to get breakfast either.

So I’d say the 500 points is the best you’ll get right now during the pandemic.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
If breakfast is that important to you (it is with me), how about staying somewhere else? I always call first to find out if the restaurant is open and they are serving breakfast. Any ridiculous answers like 500 points or grab and go means I try another hotel until I get the answer I want.
It's my money and I will spend it the way I want and where I want.
59Impala and Jaimito Cartero like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.