Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Stay has gotten progressively worst within a small window of time...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

As I went to enter the front door of the Hyatt Place Southpoint, the front door sensor was broken and the door would not open. The front desk person pulled on the door for about two minutes and finally got it to open. It appeared the door had just malfunctioned as I walked up, so I just looked at it as a random thing that happened.

I proceeded to check in and was assigned my room. When I went to the room, the first thing I noticed was the Come Back Later sign was stuck where you normally stick your card key to enter. I thought it was strange but removed it and stuck my key in only to discover that the room was occupied. I went back down to the front desk and the same clerk apologized and stated it was all his fault and asked it I wanted a bottle of water or appetizer. I did not accept either.

The front desk clerk walked with me to the new room as if he was not even sure it was unoccupied. I planned to take a quick nap as I was exhausted after several days of continuous travel. I woke up to the feeling of something crawling on my forehead. Out of reflex, I smacked at it and killed a lady bug. I killed another on the pillow. I spotted five or six more and went down to inform the front desk and ask for the manager. I asked explained everything that had happened thus far including the lady bug infestation and asked the manager to come back to investigate. She implied it would be a few minutes. At the same time the front desk person who initially checked me in came up. I advised someone needed to check out the situation now.

The manager and previous front desk person (with vacuum in hand) came to the room. The front desk person proceeded to vacuum up the approximately five to ten lady bugs he could see although they were still alive and crawling around. As we were looking to see if there were any more, I discovered many dead lady bugs around the perimeter of the room and along the wall near the vent. What was left of the lady bugs along the perimeter did not look like they had all just died today and made me seriously question the cleanliness of the hotel.

They moved me to the room across the hall and I am suppose to talk to the manager about the situation again tomorrow. This is the worst experience I have ever had at a Hyatt property and fell far below the standards I have come to expect.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:37 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello sancann,

We're sorry to hear that your stay is not going well. If you can please PM us your stay details, we're more than happy to look into this for you.

Best,

Sarah
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:01 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Is this the Hyatt Place Durham Southpoint?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does not sound as the normal experience one has at a Hyatt.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello sancann,

We're sorry to hear that your stay is not going well. If you can please PM us your stay details, we're more than happy to look into this for you.

Best,

Sarah
Good for you for helping someone take care of this. Makes me want to switch to Hyatt.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Not that you should be glad... maybe relieved? ... that least they were only ladybugs, and not some other vermin.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Originally Posted by sancann
Out of reflex, I smacked at it....
When I was in Australia, I was taught to always flick. A smack could just squish a deadly crawly into your skin, better to get it away from you. Didn't take long to re-train the reflexes when they communicated the risks.

Were these the usual red-spotted ladybugs, or the bedroom-type black/brown variety without spots.... ??
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:51 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Well lady birds are considered good luck, are you sure it wasn't an amenity?

Hope it works out for you.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by chad75
Well lady birds are considered good luck, are you sure it wasn't an amenity?

Hope it works out for you.
Lady Bird was a First Lady (Johnson). I wouldn't want to find her in my hotel room.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Lady Bird was a First Lady (Johnson). I wouldn't want to find her in my hotel room.
In 1964 or in 2015..
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DirtyDan
When I was in Australia, I was taught to always flick. A smack could just squish a deadly crawly into your skin
Further proof that everything in Australia that isn't you wants to kill you - even dead stuff that you've just killed.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:26 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Something LBJ was often heard to say.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Hyatt Customer Service has gotten worse...

Your pings on Flyertalk are a joke

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello sancann,

Best,

Sarah
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Ladybugs are good. Most species are voracious predators of numerous vermin insects that attack our crops and plants. They are very adept at getting inside under the door, around the window sills, through the AC units, etc., so the presence of a small swarm wouldn't necessarily implicate the cleaning procedures and maintenance of the property in question.

It's just some harmless ladybugs. So take it easy and don't let it ruin your day.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

The Asst General Manager did point out to me that at least lady bugs are not a sign of lack of cleanliness. But I pointed out that lady bugs carcasses throughout the room are definitely a sign that reflects on cleanliness as they did not all die the day I arrived. She was more than apologetic and we talked again before I checked out.

She seemed to realize the collective occurrences during the stay reflected very poorly on her hotel overall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.