Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATWBY2020
EXPIRED JULY 31st 2015

2015-08-20
this promotion closed on 31-July.
It's not "closed" per say but on a temporary hiatus with no ETA of when/if it will return.

NO LONGER BY INVITE ONLY

To qualify for this offer, new members must enroll and current members must register between June 1, 2015 and April 30,2016.
member will receive a trial Platinum membership for 60 days. To maintain Platinum membership through February 2017, member must complete six (6) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. If member completes twelve (12) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days, member will receive Diamond membership through February 2017.

Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the night requirements, they will receive a new membership card valid through February 2017, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one Elite Tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any participating Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. Eligible nights at M life resorts will not count toward promotion. An eligible rate is defined in the complete Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions.
Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, available at goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Centric™, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2015 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Print Wikipost

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
So if I wait untill later this year it would be possibly better? I would like to use the benefits on March...
Old May 28, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
So if I wait untill later this year it would be possibly better? I would like to use the benefits on March...
It's always hard to know when/if a good promotion is coming back later in the year. I was curious about this as well b/c I had 3 nights at a Hyatt scheduled at the end of July/beginning of August. Not way that I could make this work with this offer OR the 20% back in points. I just decided that I'll take pride in being Diamond by the time my trip occurs in July and if nothing else, enjoy my free breakfast before my daily conference. (I have the cheapest room possible booked due to only thing available with my corporate account and I don't expect any upgrades due to it being a conference hotel that is already sold out online.)
Old May 28, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat (0.09 MM), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does this count as your *1 lifetime trial* for Diamond offer? I believe I saw that somewhere for the old Diamond trial ...
Old May 29, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by SubzeroMSP
Does this count as your *1 lifetime trial* for Diamond offer? I believe I saw that somewhere for the old Diamond trial ...
Well in 2014 I did the Diamond trial and I did this one too in 2015 ...both successfully...and with no issue...
Old May 29, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by elg26
Well in 2014 I did the Diamond trial and I did this one too in 2015 ...both successfully...and with no issue...
The Diamond trial that you did in 2014 I guess was early in the year and expired in Feb 2015?
Old May 29, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by elg26
You should be proud.
Old May 29, 2015, 9:54 am

I'm hoping that they re-up this promo after June 1, with status lasting through February 2017, because I have several nights for late July early August. But I think we just don't know yet. I'm staying tuned, but I'm also preparing for the possibility that this offer will just be something they do for the beginning of the year for status for that year, and so perhaps the offer will simply go away until January. Either is fine in my case -- while I'd prefer to earn Hyatt Diamond, I can easily switch my July and August nights to SPG to get more credit toward the 50 nights required for suite night upgrade certs.
Old May 29, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lkar
I'm hoping that they re-up this promo after June 1, with status lasting through February 2017, because I have several nights for late July early August. But I think we just don't know yet. I'm staying tuned, but I'm also preparing for the possibility that this offer will just be something they do for the beginning of the year for status for that year, and so perhaps the offer will simply go away until January. Either is fine in my case -- while I'd prefer to earn Hyatt Diamond, I can easily switch my July and August nights to SPG to get more credit toward the 50 nights required for suite night upgrade certs.
I am in the same situation. I would love to try Hyatt to see if I like it Better than SPG or to have a combination of both. If not I will do SPG 100 Ambassador
Old May 29, 2015, 11:26 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I was at the top of Starwood's program for many years. It was a good program but Hyatt's is much better.

It's unreasonable to assume that the current Quick Qualifying promo will be replaced with a better one (or with any promo at all) during the last half of the year. If I were in the same boat, i.e. if I needed to stay a dozen nights in the 2nd half of the year, I would probably go for the quick elite qualifying right now. This will provide Diamond status for the rest of the year, and put you well on the way to full Diamond status through Feb 2017. It's a whole lot easier to RE-qualify than to qualify for the first time.
I would love to try Hyatt to see if I like it Better than SPG or to have a combination of both.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I was at the top of Starwood's program for many years. It was a good program but Hyatt's is much better.
I've only been Hyatt Diamond once, but I agree that this is undoubtedly true. The difference is footprint. Just not enough Hyatts where I travel for work to make requalification every year as easy as SPG.

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
It's unreasonable to assume that the current Quick Qualifying promo will be replaced with a better one (or with any promo at all) during the last half of the year.
I think you're right that there's a good chance it won't happen, but I certainly don't think it's unreasonable to think it might. Most quick-track to elite programs, both for hotels and airlines, divide the year into two segments, whereby qualification in the first half of the year gets you status for the rest of that year, and qualification in the second half gets you status for the next year. And, indeed, the previous Hyatt diamond challenge worked exactly the same way. And, last, the fact that this program from the beginning was set to "expire" at the end of May also suggests at least the possibility that it will work the same as the old program did. Why would they have it expire at all? If someone wants to qualify in June, why would Hyatt care about giving them status for the rest of the year. One possibility is they are going to extend it.

Again, I'm not expecting this will be the case, but hoping.
Old May 29, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hyatt Residence Club, HH Gold
I have an upcoming stay in June and reached out to the sales office there and was informed the current 'Elite Trial Offer' will be extended and will start June 1. I was told I could sign up for it when I check-in.
Old May 29, 2015, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by rs2015
I have an upcoming stay in June and reached out to the sales office there and was informed the current 'Elite Trial Offer' will be extended and will start June 1. I was told I could sign up for it when I check-in.
Thats interesting. I have a 12night stay coming in June that I could switch from sheraton to hyatt if I can get the Diamond challenge valid untill end of 2016 at least...
Old May 29, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by rs2015
Thanks for the update. Did they say when your status would expire?
Old May 29, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hyatt Residence Club, HH Gold
Thanks for the update. Did they say when your status would expire?
As long as you meet the 12 nights in 60 days, diamond status would last until 2/2017. You also get the 1,000 bonus point offer for the first 6 stays.
Old May 29, 2015, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
It wasn't better for the people who waited from last year to this year. And conditions haven't really changed in favor of the customer since.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.