Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regencies without Regency Clubs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MSPeconomist
Hyatt Regencies without a lounge sorted by country (and state in US)

Canada

Toronto

United States

Arizona:
Phoenix

California:
Valencia
Orange County
Westlake

Colorado:
Denver Tech Center

Georgia:
Atlanta Northwest
Savannah

Florida:
Fort Lauderdale Pier 66

Illinois:
McCormick Place
Schaumburg (they give elites a goody bag at check in, with better stuff for repeat guests)

Kansas:
Wichita

Kentucky:
Louisville

Massachusetts:
Cambridge, overlooking Boston
Boston

New Jersey:
Jersey City
Princeton

New York:
Rochester

Ohio:
Cincinnati
Cleveland at the Arcade
Columbus

Pennsylvania:
Philadelphia Penn's Landing

South Carolina:
Greenville

Texas:
Austin
Dallas (Downtown)
Dallas (Richardson)
DFW
Houston (Downtown)
San Antonio

Wisconsin:
Hyatt Regency Green Bay (rebranded from Hyatt on Main)

France
Nice

Japan
Hakone
Kyoto
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regencies without Regency Clubs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 10:03 pm
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by angatol
I naively assumed that all Hyatt Regency properties had clubs but just stayed at two in Florida that didn't. Sarasota gave me 2500 points for not having a club. Is that supposed to be a standard? I suspect not but am interested if other clubless Regencies offer it.
PHX downtown - as a Diamond I got coupons for breakfast in the restaurant and a drink chit for the bar.

Sarasota was being generous. If they don't have a lounge, all they must provide is the breakfast. The 2500 points is for hotels that do have a lounge, but for whatever reason they can't allow you access. Below are excerpts from the Diamond Ts&Cs.

4. Diamond members will receive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge in hotels that have the lounge. During periods of high demand, access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.

5. At Hyatt hotels that do not have a Regency Club or Grand Club lounge, daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) will be provided to the member and each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people. For stays at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, daily continental breakfast (tax and gratuity included) will be provided to the member and each guest registered in the room, maximum four (4) people. Breakfast is not valid for in-room dining. Benefit not valid at Hyatt Place or Hyatt House.

Last edited by wxguy; Jan 3, 2015 at 8:43 pm
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
Yeah, Hyatt Regency McCormick recently gave me a (generous) $80/day in food credit, but no extra points. Don't expect the 2500 points you receive at other locations
Old Jan 3, 2015, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Hyatt Regency gives you free breakfast in the restaurant if no club exists.

Add Hyatt Regency Hakone Spa & Resort and Hyatt Regency Kyoto to the list.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 2:15 am
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Is there not a master thread for Hyatt's that have a lounge? Or it is a brand standard for all Regencies (except the ones listed here) + Park Hyatts?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
It was my understanding that most Park Hyatts didn't have a lounge. Are you thinking of Grand Hyatts?

Also, I don't think there is a master thread for HRs with/without lounges. I'd certainly help create one though, if we could have a wiki. I think it would be quite helpful.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
It was my understanding that most Park Hyatts didn't have a lounge. Are you thinking of Grand Hyatts?

Also, I don't think there is a master thread for HRs with/without lounges. I'd certainly help create one though, if we could have a wiki. I think it would be quite helpful.
You can create and edit a wiki at the top of this thread. Click on Thread Tools.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
HR Princeton (Princeton, NJ) does not have a lounge. A voucher for each day is provided for free restaurant buffet breakfast (no a la carte).
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
HR Penns Landing in Philadelphia and HR Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale do not have lounges.

That probably is my biggest complaint with Hyatt. Brand consistency. Why not just call hotels with Regency lounges Hyatt Regency and those that don't plain Hyatt...
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:46 pm

HR Greenville SC, no lounge. They do provide breakfast in the restrauant.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Wiki started. I suggest we organize by state (and the states alphabetically) for easy searching.

I added the only one I've been to without a lounge, the HR Columbus in Ohio.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
A few that came to mind and I added: Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale, Boston Harbor and the Hyatt Regency in downtown Boston in the financial district.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: 1K
HR Toronto does not have a Regency Club.

Edit: Apparently I don't know how to edit the Wiki or else I would do it
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ArmyFlyer05
A few that came to mind and I added: Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale, Boston Harbor and the Hyatt Regency in downtown Boston in the financial district.
I don't think the Hyatt Regency Cambridge has one either, or at least did not have an operational club last time I stayed there.

O/H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.