Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by harishv79
Thinking of going there with wife and 1 year old for July 4 weekend. Is there choice for vegetarians in the restaurants on-site? TIA.
harish, there are plenty of veggie options. the buffet always has a lot of veggie food and the restaurants all have veggie options as well.

there were many vegetarians in my group and they were happy.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:27 am

I've got a stay next week and after reading through the thread I am a little confused. I booked a standard king room, but what type of room should I receive as a diamond? Has anyone use a DSU? What type of suite did you get?

I booked a great rate back in December when it opened (around $160/night for two people after BRG and gift check discount). I was a little nervous after reading the review when it opened, but things seem to have smoothed out.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:08 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
I've got a stay next week and after reading through the thread I am a little confused. I booked a standard king room, but what type of room should I receive as a diamond? Has anyone use a DSU? What type of suite did you get?

I booked a great rate back in December when it opened (around $160/night for two people after BRG and gift check discount). I was a little nervous after reading the review when it opened, but things seem to have smoothed out.
I'll be there next week also. Our status really does not do a whole lot at the AI Hyatt Resorts.
Old May 10, 2015, 7:24 pm

Would you mind updating with the answers to your question when you have a chance? I'm going in mid June and have a regular room booked. My main question is around which suite I can expect if I use an upgrade. Thanks !

Old May 11, 2015, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by cyi106
Would you mind updating with the answers to your question when you have a chance? I'm going in mid June and have a regular room booked. My main question is around which suite I can expect if I use an upgrade. Thanks !
Here now. I ended up using a DSU to book a club suite. Honestly the room isn't great; I wouldn't use a suite upgrade on it. Plus, the diamond recognition is nonexistent. That said, at the rate I paid its been great. Food is above average, service is pretty good aside from a couple of things and the beach is awesome. It you can overlook a couple of issues and get a great rate it is a really good trip.
Old May 14, 2015, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here now. I ended up using a DSU to book a club suite. Honestly the room isn't great; I wouldn't use a suite upgrade on it. ...
Can you describe the different between ocean view room and club suite? I found conflicting descriptions of club suites. Some list it as the same size, some show larger footage.
Old May 15, 2015, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Can you describe the different between ocean view room and club suite? I found conflicting descriptions of club suites. Some list it as the same size, some show larger footage.
I only saw the newer rooms when passing by, so I can't comment fully, but I think the club rooms are a waste of a DSU. I believe the room is a little bit bigger; we had a sitting area with a couch, table and two small chairs and a small table and chairs. The view was also really great.

That said, the room isn't updated; it's not bad, just not updated. I would prefer to save my DSU where I know I can get an great suite. Maybe you will have better luck than me and can talk your way into an upgrade at check-in; the guy looked at me like I spoke Russian when I asked for a diamond upgrade to one of the roof top suites.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:55 am

I read about the civil unrest going on in PV. I'm wondering how safe it would be to visit. We haven't booked our tix and are thinking of just going to Montego Bay instead, but would prefer to go to PV as it is much closer.
Old May 20, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by subdawg
I read about the civil unrest going on in PV. I'm wondering how safe it would be to visit. We haven't booked our tix and are thinking of just going to Montego Bay instead, but would prefer to go to PV as it is much closer.
Thanks for this. I am in the process of deciding where to take a trip in June and PV was at the top. With the Playa Del Carmen opening getting pushed back and now this, my Hyatt options are drying up quickly.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...avel/27370763/
Old May 20, 2015, 1:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Although tourist season is winding down in PV ( heat and humidity) you have to take all this with a bit of reality. 10,000's of tourist come to PV a week and not one word has been uttered about a tourist who has been injured or affected by the new round of " violence". If you want to read more go to TripAdvisor's PV forum. Granted most of the posters are lifelong PV fans and will say anything to preserve their utopia...but there are numerous discussions about safety on the forum and it may help alleviate some fears.

I am going to the Hyatt in November and can't wait.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:36 am

ziva - pv

As those who have stayed at ziva pv can attest, it itself is safe, somewhat isolated away from the main area.... guest need to pass a gated checkpoint. So if one is planning to stay just on property I wouldn't be too concerned. For those planning to explore outside on own, be prepared for the usual, Mexican hassles (renting car and being pulled over by police looking for payoff). Heard this from several during our stay in December. As alway, the the way the world is today, one has to be aware of their surroundings in their own town, country and everywhere else. It's just a fact now.
Old May 22, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Fine, just booked a 6 night reward stay for June.

Has anyone asked about paid upgrades on points stays? Any information about the spa?

Last edited by skunker; May 22, 2015 at 4:25 pm
Old May 22, 2015, 8:47 pm

Heading there tomorrow. Was planning on taking a cab to the boardwalk at least 1 day - is it worth it?

Any "must do" things at Ziva besides beach, dine and drink?
Old May 29, 2015, 6:13 pm

Plunge Pools suites

Hello, does anyone have current (recent) photos of the plunge pool suites in the Club Tower and in the main tower? Thank you!!
Old May 30, 2015, 9:16 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by blonde375
Hello, does anyone have current (recent) photos of the plunge pool suites in the Club Tower and in the main tower? Thank you!!
There are a few new pictures on the Ziva PV website. I was surprised to see them as I thought all the Plunge Pool suites were in the un-remodeled building. Have you seen all the photos on Oyster. They are out-dated ( from when it was Dreams) but it gives you a good idea...

http://www.oyster.com/puerto-vallart...te-ocean-view/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.