Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Just arrived today. The check in was fine. We got put in the club tower on a high floor, room is nice. Overall hotel is nice but you can tell the staff is trying hard but things are still not perfect. Italian restaurant only open for lunch and very limited menu. They are also out of a simple thing like pillows, we have two and they said no more left. Overall we can deal but it looks like spa will be awesome when it opens but still a lot of work to go.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,

I was told no more beach towels around two pm
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:53 pm

Hi, we're heading there at the end of January. Does anyone know if internet is working on the property? Also, anyone get diamond upgrades? We're currently booked in a Junior Suite.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Vacation time
I was told no more beach towels around two pm
We were told the same yesterday, good thing we had two in our room. Internet has been working fine for us.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
We arrived yesterday - the 1st. Has anyone here received a real suite? We applied a diamond upgrade and were given what they say is a junior suite - it's simply a large room with a seating area in the club tower. It does have a hot tub on a great balcony though! We do have working wi-fi (I'm posting this from Blaze) although it would win no awards for speed, our room has a great TV, working telephone, DVD player, clock - and while not renovated it has a nice traditional Mexican feel - and only 2 hard pillows - but they brought more soft pillows when asked. The club in the club tower is a space off the lobby but it has name brand spirits (none in the room) and a nice espresso machine. We had room service on arrival -it took awhile to arrive but they tried very hard to please. As everyone has mentioned nearly all the staff are gracious and go out of their way to please.

Finally - the beach is amazing! Sitting on the deck at blaze really makes you know you are on vacation! We are willing to give it a few days!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
wow, i am part of a large group going in early feb (about 100 of us). i hope these loose ends are worked out by then.

i am staying at another property for a couple of night before coming here so i'll probably naturally compare and contrast.

Rock.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:31 pm

We just switched rooms from club to other tower. The rooms are smaller but everything is new and has a better feel for us. If you get room with a balcony it takes about 3 feet from the living area.

From what I hear everything is scheduled to be done end of January. 21 st floor will have suites with roof top pools, the whole floor is under construction.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:35 pm

Oh yeah side note. Reserved a car with thrifty, received confirmation number. Talked to agent at thrifty desk in Hyatt and she let us know that they have no cars at the airport and even though we have confirmation number we won't get a car. I have never heard that before. So they will call us when they get a car... Oh well. Just glad Hyatt has a thrifty desk in lobby, currently only open in morning.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jay00848
21 st floor will have suites with roof top pools, the whole floor is under construction.

Can you elaborate a little on this. Which tower are you talking about has construction on the 21st floor? ( I didn't think it went that high) Are these the plunge pool suites they are/will be offering?

Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:39 am

I should have noted the 10th floor is actually the 1st floor. So 21st floor is 11th story. It is the tower the are completely renovating (not the club tower).
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:40 am

They are the plung pool suites but they also have some on the 10th floor(actual 1st floor) that people are staying in already and appear complete. But the first floor is giant plunge that all of those rooms share.

Last edited by Jay00848; Jan 3, 2015 at 7:06 am
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Thanks. The plunge pool suites are actually two story suites that I think occupy the top two floors of the club tower. The Presidential suites use to occupy the top floor of the other (renovated) tower. The other communal giant plunge pool rooms that you speak of I think are their new " swim-up" rooms(?)
Old Jan 3, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
So still wondering if we should have expected a better upgrade using a diamond suite upgrade?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by rani
So still wondering if we should have expected a better upgrade using a diamond suite upgrade?
When I called customer service to use a DSU at this hotel, I was advised that the certificate provides for a club level room, as this is an 'all-suite property.' Further, the agent advised that using the cert would get me lounge access which, as a Diamond, I would not be able to access normally, as this lounge is not a 'Regency Club.'

Sounds like using a DSU is a waste here. Disappointing they won't upgrade to a real suite.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Check your confirmation e-mail

Just a warning that I made a booking here recently using the 55% grand opening discount. My confirmation e-mail stated "CX 7DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL TO AVOID 2NT PENALTY", but on Hyatt.com my reservation now states "Cancel 45 Days Prior to Avoid 100% Penalty." Probably just a glitch, but wanted to pass this on in case someone else runs into this issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.