Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ziva Puerto Vallarta REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Just called to add a DSU to a reservation over MLK weekend 2017. Looks like the DSU is up to P1VK = Hyatt Ziva Club Ocean Front Hot Tub King.

Anyone have any recent experience with getting that moved to the Plunge Pool Suite that was noted as the DSU a few pages back?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
Just called to add a DSU to a reservation over MLK weekend 2017. Looks like the DSU is up to P1VK = Hyatt Ziva Club Ocean Front Hot Tub King.

Anyone have any recent experience with getting that moved to the Plunge Pool Suite that was noted as the DSU a few pages back?
Good luck. I arrived and ask about plunge pool upgrade with several different people. All wanted to negotiate a rate that was north of $200+ a night. Not that I think there is anything wrong with that, but my expectations of a complimentary plunge pool upgrade were quickly shattered.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
Originally Posted by dngrmys
Good luck. I arrived and ask about plunge pool upgrade with several different people. All wanted to negotiate a rate that was north of $200+ a night. Not that I think there is anything wrong with that, but my expectations of a complimentary plunge pool upgrade were quickly shattered.
Email and arrange before hand. If you wait till you get there you are at the mercy of whatever porely trained person you get.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, WN A-List
For getting a taxi at the airport, can you pay with credit card? Same question on return from the hotel? Any other need to get pesos at the airport?
Any Platinum folks have luck recently getting upgraded or at least honor room preference? Traveling with another couple in November and hoping to get 2 rooms next to each other in north tower on upper floor.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aselvy
For getting a taxi at the airport, can you pay with credit card? Same question on return from the hotel? Any other need to get pesos at the airport?
Any Platinum folks have luck recently getting upgraded or at least honor room preference? Traveling with another couple in November and hoping to get 2 rooms next to each other in north tower on upper floor.
At the airport you pay at a counter and get a voucher. I would guess they take cards. I know they take US$.

Coming back you pay the taxi directly. You can exchange pesos at the front desk or at the ATM machine there.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by william142
Email and arrange before hand. If you wait till you get there you are at the mercy of whatever porely trained person you get.
Okay cool - I'll give them a shout. We are 95% going (everything but the plane tickets is booked - and I've got the 4 night rate locked in with Citi Prestige) so I'll wait until we actually buy the tickets and then will see what we can negotiate. Given that the AAA price is $345/night for 2 people all-inclusive, I'm inclined to think their occupancy isn't too high that weekend (MLK weekend).
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
Okay cool - I'll give them a shout. We are 95% going (everything but the plane tickets is booked - and I've got the 4 night rate locked in with Citi Prestige) so I'll wait until we actually buy the tickets and then will see what we can negotiate. Given that the AAA price is $345/night for 2 people all-inclusive, I'm inclined to think their occupancy isn't too high that weekend (MLK weekend).
If you PM me I can send you a direct contact email. She is the Asst. GM and was incredible helpful in assigning us the best room in the place after some correspondence back and forth.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 4:54 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, WN A-List
I would appreciate any direct email for hotel employees who could help with requests. Please post or PM me. Thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:57 pm

Does anyone know if this hotel has been fully renovated now? Also I booked a Ziva Ocean Front King (I am a plat so i guess no upgrades for me). Where is this room located? I would cancel my room if it is the old room looking.

Thanks all
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by johnxkrn
Does anyone know if this hotel has been fully renovated now? Also I booked a Ziva Ocean Front King (I am a plat so i guess no upgrades for me). Where is this room located? I would cancel my room if it is the old room looking.

Thanks all
Ocean Front King could be on the lower floors of the South Tower (unrenovated) but each with a balcony or the majority of the North Tower ( renovated) but very few with a real balcony. Each tower has it's pluses and minuses...for me balcony would be critical.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:32 am

Thanks all
I would say that a full renovation is highly unlikely. We were there in July and didn't notice much work going on in the south tower. That being said, I didn't feel like the room was that old (again south tower), but we also had a suite so it may look a little bit different.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by david55
Ocean Front King could be on the lower floors of the South Tower (unrenovated) but each with a balcony or the majority of the North Tower ( renovated) but very few with a real balcony. Each tower has it's pluses and minuses...for me balcony would be critical.
This is what I found under the Hyatt.com regarding the Ocean Front King..

"Indulge in this luxurious room featuring one king-sized bed. Enjoy direct ocean front views of the Pacific Ocean. Location: Main Tower, Floors 7-10"

Now is the Main Tower the north tower or the south tower?

Does anyone know where I can find some pictures of the newly renovated room s and the old room?

Thank all,
Old Oct 4, 2016, 5:26 pm

This is what I found under the Hyatt.com regarding the Ocean Front King..

"Indulge in this luxurious room featuring one king-sized bed. Enjoy direct ocean front views of the Pacific Ocean. Location: Main Tower, Floors 7-10"

Now is the Main Tower the north tower or the south tower?

Does anyone know where I can find some pictures of the newly renovated room s and the old room?

Thank all,
First of all every room has an ocean view.... " main tower" is a little confusing. The south tower is the newest.... floors 7-10 sound like the renovated north tower....because the south tower has hot-tubs on their balconies on the higher floors. Remember only a few rooms in the North tower have balconies. I thought their website had decent images of the rooms ( ?)
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by david55
First of all every room has an ocean view.... " main tower" is a little confusing. The south tower is the newest.... floors 7-10 sound like the renovated north tower....because the south tower has hot-tubs on their balconies on the higher floors. Remember only a few rooms in the North tower have balconies. I thought their website had decent images of the rooms ( ?)
Sorry to bother but I am getting super confused now lol..

To clear it up...

North Tower - Old Tower - Renovated
South Tower - New Tower - Non-Renovated

Since Ocean Front King is on floors 7-10 per Hyatt.com, we are assuming this is the on the North Tower. Am I correct?

Lastly, based on Hyatt.com, Swim up rooms are on Main Tower Ground Floor... Do you know where Swim Up Rooms are located, North or South?

Thanks David55!!!
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:43 pm

Sorry to bother but I am getting super confused now lol..

To clear it up...

North Tower - Old Tower - Renovated Yes. It was the first tower built on the property hence the name " old"
South Tower - New Tower - Non-Renovated Yes...but "new" is relative since it was built like two decades ago.

Since Ocean Front King is on floors 7-10 per Hyatt.com, we are assuming this is the on the North Tower. Am I correct? I would say yes... because most of the upper floors of the south tower have whirlpools on the balcony and that is not in your description. Both Towers on the top two floors are the two story plunge pool suites.....

Lastly, based on Hyatt.com, Swim up rooms are on Main Tower Ground Floor... Do you know where Swim Up Rooms are located, North or South? They are in the North tower....on the first floor...and they look weird. ( no privacy) Besides they are in the shade nearly all day.

Thanks David55!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.