Search

Biggest devaluation for me

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sethb
So a Hyatt House 1br suite that used to cost 8,000 points is now 14,000 points. That's a major stealth devaluation.
At a premium of 6k points per night to have a chance to upgrade and get the same accommodation type that was 8k points per night earlier this year, it is a substantial devaluation for those considering Hyatt House stays using points.

When exactly did Hyatt implement this change? I don't recall my reading any notice about it in messages from Hyatt.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I don't recall my reading any notice about it in messages from Hyatt.
Hahahahahahha. Thanks I needed that. Very very funny stuff.
travelismylife discovered this all on his lonesome self
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Still really ticked off about this. I have a res for this week at a Hyatt House and just called about an upgrade. I asked for a 2 bdrm suite and I was told that they cannot do more than a 1 category upgrade. So if I had been able to book the 1 bdrm suite I would have gotten a 2 bdrm but now my upgrade maxes out at 1 bdrm, a room which used to be standard for any point reservation. Sure wish Hyatt would return to their original ways. Probably would take a return to an economy like that of 2008 (I was booking Hyatt for $40 a night on their website) for that to come back. Upsetting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.