Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Auckland - Pre-Opening discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Auckland - Pre-Opening discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by katstarr
As promised I took these photos yesterday- yes, I’m posting a blog post- I don’t intend this as clickbait- it’s just the easiest way to share and to upload photos.

https://willrunformiles.boardingarea...-construction/
Thank you for the update and the photos. Given the general pace of construction in NZ it looks like another 6 months at least but maybe they'll pick up the pace as they approach the finish line.
katstarr and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:46 am

Comparing my photos to the ones someone posted in June - can anyone see any visible progress? I can’t - at least not on the exterior of the building.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:08 pm

Open For Booking

Looks like open for booking starting March 1. Cat 5. Sad as I was hoping to go there in January
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by mohrpj
Looks like open for booking starting March 1. Cat 5. Sad as I was hoping to go there in January
Damn. I'll be there the first week of February. Booked a couple nights at the Hilton instead.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
It still looks pretty dismal from the outside. Hopefully they'll be able to make more progress during summer.
katstarr likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
They recently opened their systems to begin taking reservations and the first stay dates began on 1 March. They are still on track for December opening and are currently taking a conservative approach when it comes to releasing inventory for sale. At this time, they anticipate opening up the months prior to March in mid to late September.

So there is still hope for the ones (including myself) who are looking for a stay in Jan/Feb!
Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:43 am

I just wrote a blog post on this = it's a category 5, the website says you can book for stays starting March 1, but the system isn't letting you book yet. Here's what I know:

https://willrunformiles.boardingarea...yatt-auckland/
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:57 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by katstarr
I just wrote a blog post on this = it's a category 5, the website says you can book for stays starting March 1, but the system isn't letting you book yet. Here's what I know:

https://willrunformiles.boardingarea...yatt-auckland/
I still wouldn’t bet on March 1.
katstarr likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Compare/contrast

Brand new Grand Hyatt SFO. Located on the San Francisco airport, prime location, very expensive property in a very expensive city.
351 rooms
12 story
$237,000,000 to build
June 2016-Oct 2019 (open for Oct booking, I just booked it)

Park Hyatt Auckland
195 rooms
6 (7?) story
$400,000,000 to build (likely far more given the perpetual delays. Time=Money. Half a BILLION??)
November 2014-?? Still not open. Not possible to book ("Hotel Not Available/Please contact hotel for more information")

As a business owner, I know what my thoughts are
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:46 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Compare/contrast

Brand new Grand Hyatt SFO. Located on the San Francisco airport, prime location, very expensive property in a very expensive city.
351 rooms
12 story
$237,000,000 to build
June 2016-Oct 2019 (open for Oct booking, I just booked it)

Park Hyatt Auckland
195 rooms
6 (7?) story
$400,000,000 to build (likely far more given the perpetual delays. Time=Money. Half a BILLION??)
November 2014-?? Still not open. Not possible to book ("Hotel Not Available/Please contact hotel for more information")

As a business owner, I know what my thoughts are
This comparison is reductive, not to mention it cost $300 million NZD...
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by m0hamed
This comparison is reductive
Which was wholly intentional given the varied backgrounds of readers.

Originally Posted by m0hamed
not to mention it cost $300 million NZD...
"Another person questioned whether the hotel had cost $300m to build but said it was closer to $400m."

No project I have ever been involved with became lower cost as it increased in complexity and ran (way) over schedule.

The point, of quoting a number was to underscore it was WILDLY LARGE regardless of NZD or USD.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:59 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Not sure what the point of all that was...

But I still wouldn't bet on March 1 for this one.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
My above information (#99) came directly from PH Auckland this week:

They recently opened their systems to begin taking reservations and the first stay dates began on 1 March. They are still on track for December opening and are currently taking a conservative approach when it comes to releasing inventory for sale. At this time, they anticipate opening up the months prior to March in mid to late September.

So there is still hope for the ones (including myself) who are looking for a stay in Jan/Feb!
So I think we can still be confident that they will be open before March 2020... Anyway, I have also reserved another hotel to be on the safe side.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:11 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Nothing available online the first week of March for rev or points
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:32 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo

The point, of quoting a number was to underscore it was WILDLY LARGE regardless of NZD or USD.

Apoarently you also don’t understand average room rate, predicted occupancy, the different market or brand difference either.

Last edited by m0hamed; Aug 30, 2019 at 2:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.