Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Originally Posted by IggySD
I didn’t even know there was a shuttle ...
There's definitely a shuttle - my experience at least with leaving the hotel was that multiple were waiting - very efficient. It picks up at the back of the hotel, not the front on Century.
Agreed, there certainly is a shuttle, it shares with QuickPark behind the hotel.

I rarely use it, preferring to walk to the terminals.

mcgahat likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by IggySD
I didn’t even know there was a shuttle but where did you Uber to? Don’t they drop off at the LAX-IT stop just across Supelveda? Or is that only pick-up and they can drop off at the actual terminals still?
All dropoffs are still at the terminal curb. Black car pickups are too. Just uber x, lyft, etc., have to pick up from Lax-It, which I have never used. I would have walked but I was going out of TBIT and it was hot.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:33 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I just completed a pleasant one night stay. I decided to break up my JFK-LAX-HNL flight by booking a long (16 hour) stopover and decided to use the Hyatt as a place to get a shower, a little sleep, and get some work done.

Due to bad weather in the East Coast, my flight didn’t land until just after 2 am and by the time I collected my bag, it was closer to 230. I called the property to check on the status of the shuttle and was told at that hour, it was on an on call basis and would take about 10 minutes to reach me at Terminal 3. I decided to walk and while it was well lit, I did encounter a few random people that were worth being a little extra alert for.

Check in was very quick; I booked a Regency Suite and was assigned 1201, which was at the far end of the wing closest to Sepulveda and facing the northern runway complex. I did note that the one bedroom was bookable via the app before I walked over but decided it wasn’t worth asking about. I was given a $20 coupon for the cafe, which I used later that morning for some sodas and snacks. Breakfast in the restaurant was fine. There weren’t any issues with getting a 4 pm checkout although I did have to get my key card reactivated after I returned from lunch. I took the shuttle back to the terminal and it was fine.
gadberry and projectmaximus like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:30 am

Back again flying the same JFK-LAX-HNL itinerary. Luckily, I had a helpful DL agent at JFK who was willing to do the extra keystrokes to through-check my bag to HNL and our flight arrived on time so all I had with me were my carry-on bags. I started walking to the hotel from Terminal 3 and as I was just reaching T1, I saw the Hyatt shuttle and flagged it down; the driver was kind enough to pick me up outside of the zone. I was surprised that at 1230am, there were still a lot of flights arriving; we made a stop at TBIT to collect QuickPark customers arriving on Hawaiian Air and T6 for some Alaska passengers and Spirt Airways crew. We were completely full in both bags and seats; in retrospect, walking would have been faster,

I booked a base room and was upgraded to a city view room at the far end of the 12th floor, closest to the Courtyard and farthest away from LAX. There weren't any Regency Suites available when I checked in. No issues getting a $20 food and beverage coupon and free breakfast in the restaurant. One annoying thing is that this far out, the wifi is pretty lousy; I lost connectivity to my VDI a few times and switched to my mobile hotspot to complete my workday.

98th Street is under construction, so there's no free overnight parking there at the moment.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 7, 2022 at 1:38 pm
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
No issues getting a $20 food and beverage coupon and free breakfast in the restaurant.
What's the $20 F&B coupon for? How did you get it?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:05 am

The $20 voucher is a paper certificate issued by the front desk and is most easily used at the 24 hour market cafe; I used it to get a bottle of Diet Pepsi and some snack bars. For Globalists, it's a nice perk while the Regency Club is closed. I've also gotten vouchers as an Explorist as a "sorry, we messed up" gesture.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
The $20 voucher is a paper certificate issued by the front desk and is most easily used at the 24 hour market cafe; I used it to get a bottle of Diet Pepsi and some snack bars. For Globalists, it's a nice perk while the Regency Club is closed. I've also gotten vouchers as an Explorist as a "sorry, we messed up" gesture.
Oh....I stayed overnight a week+ ago and I didn't get the paper certificate. Did you ask for it or it was given by front desk proactively?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:16 am

For my stay in June, it was offered proactively. When I checked in early this morning, I politely asked for one. I'm working from the room today and having some drinks and snacks (which I would have gotten from the Club, if open) is handy.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Troopers
Oh....I stayed overnight a week+ ago and I didn't get the paper certificate. Did you ask for it or it was given by front desk proactively?
I also checked in around midnight last night, I wasn't offered one but I said something like "hey I know I missed the happy hour, could I get one of those $20 vouchers," and he obliged.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I needed to cancel an award stay day of arrival this week after rerouting due to a 6 hour AS mechanical delay . . . but hotel was not answering the phone. Reached out to twitter concierge who was also unable to reach them by phone. Long story short, concierge was ultimately able to cancel for me with no penalty. Two takeaways: (1) this hotel is so understaffed they just weren't answering the phone on Tuesday evening, and (2) Hyatt twitter team is the best.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I needed to cancel an award stay day of arrival this week after rerouting due to a 6 hour AS mechanical delay . . . but hotel was not answering the phone. Reached out to twitter concierge who was also unable to reach them by phone. Long story short, concierge was ultimately able to cancel for me with no penalty. Two takeaways: (1) this hotel is so understaffed they just weren't answering the phone on Tuesday evening, and (2) Hyatt twitter team is the best.
In the future, try texting them at 424-772-3006. They've always responded to me promptly.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:26 am

Had another 2 night stay here this week, this time I was proactively upgraded to a top floor Regency Suite from a base room. Front desk agent gave me a $20 voucher upon request since I had missed the happy hour, and I used it for a decent sandwich and a beverage from the market.

Breakfast was good, I did the buffet one morning and the smoked salmon was good quality as was a poached-egg-in-salsa dish, the yolks were jammy. The other morning I ordered avocado toast & a side of all blueberries off the menu, everything was excellent.
MSPeconomist and 59Impala like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 7:28 am

Is the $20 voucher pp staying / per night?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:12 am

What time does breakfast start.
have early flight out at LAX and would probably do to go box.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Is the $20 voucher pp staying / per night?
Checked in yesterday afternoon, asked about vouchers, was told they’re not being given out anymore, told to charge drinks at happy hour to the room, charges will be removed, no complementary food available at happy hour.
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
What time does breakfast start.
have early flight out at LAX and would probably do to go box.
I had the breakfast buffet this morning at approximately 930. When I called prior to going down (for breakfast) I was told breakfast is available between 6 AM and 11 AM. Identical, very enjoyable from my point of view, buffet as several previous stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.