Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

1 night award booking - but 2 night min

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:16 am
Original Poster

I'm trying to book an award stay for this upcoming Saturday night and the hotel shows no rooms available, but if I search for 2 nights, it shows rooms available (even at a reasonable rate). I don't have enough points nor do I want the room for 2 nights, but is there a way to get the room for just 1 night using my award?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You can try calling either customer service or the hotel directly. But many hotels have a 2 night minimum in the summer high season.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It never hurts to call the property directly and see if they might help out. Generally-speaking, the minimum means that the property believes that it will sell the 2 nights, thus no reason to sell you one night, let alone on an award.

Remember, you are asking for a significant favor, so be appropriately kind about it.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

A friendly phone call and I got a room. Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.