Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt: Double check your final bill

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres

Currently dealing with Hyatt Regency San Antonio to remove breakfast charges
as Diamond on a single night stay.On the phone now....
This was disputed earlier with Amex, and the HRSA said the charges were authorized.

These charges were slipped in after check out. *cough* ~not cool

Talking to the hotel's accounting office now by phone... and...the charges will be removed.

I've seen a few odd charges on recent hotel bills. Maybe it's just me.

It's a good idea to review your bill on checkout and check your CC statement when it arrives.

Otherwise, I have become a big fan of Hyatt.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
*cough* you should do that everywhere you buy stuff *cough* cause mistakes can happen.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Certain properties are notorious for this. I've had to call in to clean up a few myself. It's very irritating.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by austin_modern
*cough* you should do that everywhere you buy stuff *cough* cause mistakes can happen.
Really... adding (unjust) charges after the bill was finalized. That's not a simple mistake.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:05 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by RTW1
Really... adding (unjust) charges after the bill was finalized. That's not a simple mistake.
I think most of us has had this happen - a lot of the time its just a timing issue - you have breakfast then check out right afterwards - the restaurant server then posts the breakfast to the system - which charges the credit card because nobody caught it to remove the charge (like agent at checkout). I've had a few myself and they've always been reversed.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
This happens as others have said but I don't feel it is intentional as much as transactional. When it does, I find that the front desk and accounting team are pretty good about taking care of it.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've had problems when the breakfast bill is posted late in the morning and, because of the time, it's coded and assumed to be a lunch charge. In these cases, the best weapon can be an itemized bill from the restaurant showing that you had breakfast foods.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.