Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Concur Bookings at a Hyatt Place are considered a promotional stay not eligible for..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concur Bookings at a Hyatt Place are considered a promotional stay not eligible for..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2014, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place in Oak Brook/Lombard, IL. I book through Concur for work. It was the same price as what you may pay on hyatt.com, but I was told that due to it being an "Expedia rate", I will not get any credit for that stay.

1) Is this common across all the Hyatt hotels across the country?

2) Are Hyatt bookings made in Concur considered a promotional booking?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Concur bookings should be eligible
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by azepine00
Concur bookings should be eligible
Hyatt considers this a Expedia booking not eligible for points? Is there any way to confirm this?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I book thru concur never had a problem.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:13 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
It all depends on your company's implementation of Concur. Our Concur system is not integrated with Expedia, but rather it uses our corporate rates, special negotiated rates, Sabre travel, etc. as the various integration points. For those who have no issues booking through Concur, you are likely in a similar situation. However, Concur and Expedia have a partnership through the latter's subsidiary Egencia. This partnership started about a year ago and it is likely that the OP's Concur management connected the two services in their implementation.

Last edited by jibi; Apr 26, 2014 at 12:21 am
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by jibi
It all depends on your company's implementation of Concur. Our Concur system is not integrated with Expedia, but rather it uses our corporate rates, special negotiated rates, Sabre travel, etc. as the various integration points. For those who have no issues booking through Concur, you are likely in a similar situation. However, Concur and Expedia have a partnership through the latter's subsidiary Egencia. This partnership started about a year ago and it is likely that the OP's Concur management connected the two services in their implementation.
My company has a relationship with Egencia. If it says Egencia rate you should be eligible but if it says Expedia rate it would not be eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.