Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt - No Show Fee email

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Hyatt - No Show Fee email

So I recently stayed at a Hyatt in Asia on business last week. Supposed to stay for 8 nights.

Because I used a Diamond Challenge Suite upgrade, which maxes out at 7 nights, they had to put my entire stay on 2 confirmation #s.

I found out the evening of my 3rd night some news which required me to fly home the next day. So I checked out the next morning and told them that I had to fly home and to cancel the remainder of my reservation...and I flew home.

I get an email today:

Dear Mr. Doe
Greetings from Hyatt Regency xxxxxx.

As we have advised in our earlier correspondence, any changes and cancellations on guaranteed booking should be made at least 24 hours prior to the reserved arrival date.

Since we did not receive timely notification concerning the cancellation of your reservation, we have applied a no show fee of CNY800 plus 15% service charge. This will be charged to your Visa Card, the credit card number is: XXXXXXXXXXXX

There was no warning or anything.

I called the passport line who said they would write the hotel but could not cc me on it. (they did send an email to me telling me they did this). I also replied to the Hotels general email address it came from disputing it and explaining the situation.

It irks me as it really would have been nice if they would have contacted me first before putting this charge through....to at least get an explanation...then they would have realized they did not need to charge me. It was the hotels front desk who made the error by not cancelling the entire reservation...which was the 8th night under the separate confirmation #

Is there anything else people would suggest I do? Or just wait it out...

Thanks in advance...
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
At this point I would just wait it out. It should work fine and if it doesn't you can escalate your case up the chain.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Stick to one channel of communication at a time. You don't want one person trying to help you tripping over another.

This sounds to me as though they did cancel the reservation open when you checked out, but, if you did not reference the other confirmation #, they had no reason to cancel it and you then no showed on it. Not the end of the world and likely cleared up, but just let things take their course.

One suggestion for incidents such as this. Rather than emailing or even calling others, simply call the local FD manager or someone in that chain. Things which can be explained in a short telephone conversation tend to have relatively quick results.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Often1
Stick to one channel of communication at a time. You don't want one person trying to help you tripping over another.

This sounds to me as though they did cancel the reservation open when you checked out, but, if you did not reference the other confirmation #, they had no reason to cancel it and you then no showed on it. Not the end of the world and likely cleared up, but just let things take their course.

One suggestion for incidents such as this. Rather than emailing or even calling others, simply call the local FD manager or someone in that chain. Things which can be explained in a short telephone conversation tend to have relatively quick results.
Thanks.....

The reason I emailed was that im in NY area, hotel is in China. If it was a domestic Hotel i would have called for sure.....but with time difference, and more importantly the language barrier...they speak English of course but conversation is sometimes very difficult, even ordering room service at times... so I felt putting it in writing would be better...
Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:50 pm

I find that in such circumstance, it is easiest to contact the hotel directly by email (standard email address on the website). At the end of the day, it is the hotel, not GP, that needs to process a refund to your credit card - which they would / should reasonably do.

But since you had already contacted GP, agree you should wait for them to resolve and not initiate another cross-communication.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

All resolved...the manager emailed me to explain why in their system it happened and to confirm I will not be charged.... and apologize for any inconvenince.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.